07-15-2013, 05:44 AM
User Info
Hi everyone - I just recently purchased a 150g block of Valobra Menthol soft soap from West Elm (on sale with a code for $7.50) and when it arrived, it was very soft, like almost a TOBS/Trumper's cream consistency. When I had previously purchased it from Amazon, it had more of a putty consistency.

So for anyone else who has tried it, is it supposed to be more of a putty or cream consistency? Frankly, I was hoping that it would be more putty-like. And if its supposed to be more putty-like, I wonder what steps I need to take to make it so, like putting it in the refrigerator or something to firm up (it was very hot outside when it was delivered, but it has been sitting in our house which is air conditioned). Thanks!

72 1,407
 07-15-2013, 08:33 AM
User Info
The one that I have came in a cardboard box. Rectangular shaped. Texture: soft, can break off a pinch with your fingers. Not sure I'd call it putty.

5 410
 07-15-2013, 08:34 AM
User Info
The Valobra soft soaps should be putty like in texture, just like the other Italian soft soaps. Most definitely not cream texture. If the scent is ok, you can probably still get it to perform. Only trying and see will prove that. I personally would try to exchange it.

31 4,957
 07-15-2013, 10:09 AM
User Info
Thanks for the replies. This is more like taffy or like TOBS/Trumpers cream. Unfortunately it was a final sale so I can't return it. I'm going to put it in the fridge and see if that will solidify it more.

72 1,407
 07-15-2013, 11:56 AM
User Info
I wonder if it was sitting in high humidity for awhile soaking up atmospheric water? Where is West Elm located?

If that's what happened I'd just put it in a container with the lid off for a time if you're not at 100% humidity. A/C would mean you're not. It might take awhile.

32 6,308
 07-15-2013, 12:14 PM
User Info
(07-15-2013, 11:56 AM)ShadowsDad Wrote: I wonder if it was sitting in high humidity for awhile soaking up atmospheric water? Where is West Elm located?

If that's what happened I's just put it in a container with the lid off for a time if you're not at 100% humidity. A/C would mean you're not. It might take awhile.

Thanks Brian. It looked greasy, like the ingredients had separated (like in cooking). It had been sitting on our front porch, not in direct sunlight, but it was pretty hot. I noticed this morning that it was little firmer, so maybe I'm on the right track.

72 1,407
 07-15-2013, 12:30 PM
User Info
(07-15-2013, 12:14 PM)jpakstis Wrote: Thanks Brian. It looked greasy, like the ingredients had separated (like in cooking). It had been sitting on our front porch, not in direct sunlight, but it was pretty hot. I noticed this morning that it was little firmer, so maybe I'm on the right track.

200 degree heat will do that. Tongue

Your probably on the right track to let it cool down.

3 452