07-17-2013, 06:40 PM
User Info
I was given a Weck & Son's Sexto Blade straight tonight by a good friend who knows my newfound passion for wet shaving.

It is in great shape and I plan to clean it up and sterilize it. My question is this, should I buy the blades for this straight and try straight razor shaving for the first time with it? Or, is there a better way for me to learn?

The thread was deleted due to malware. Johnny This is the exact razor that I am referring to.

I appreciate any advice that all are willing to offer. Thank you.

Frank

2 229
 07-21-2013, 12:49 PM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
Just FYI, my Anti-Virus doesn't like that link:
Quote:Reported Attack Page!
This web page at http://www.newbegin.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Sorry, have no other advice, I've never used one of them myself....but they look like an average disposable blade straight, that get decent reviews.
Here are links for a couple reviews using Fromm and Personna hair shaper blades. Second link is a bunch of reviews combined from a pass-around
http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/we...iew.31892/
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread....he-Reviews

10 411
 07-21-2013, 01:24 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I am going to delete that link as I received all kinds of warning about malware.

If you can find a virus free link, post again or take pictures of your razor and post.

173 23,540
 07-21-2013, 05:35 PM
User Info
Apologies to all for the link. My computer virus software did not pick up on the threat.

I guess I will just give it a go with the razor on my own later this week. You can close this thread if you like.

Frank

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

2 229
 07-21-2013, 05:48 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
No need to close it Frank. Maybe others will post some answers to your questions and other feedback.

173 23,540
 07-21-2013, 06:07 PM
User Info
Thank you Johnny.

Frank

2 229
 07-23-2013, 12:31 PM
User Info
Here is a photograph of the razor in question. I tried to use it last night with a fresh personna blade. Everything went well on my face but the problems started when I tried to move down my neck with the grain.

Obviously I need more practice because I ran into a patch of weepers and I had to finish the job with one of my double edged razors.

[Image: 1374610858073_zps3a08ee27.jpg]

Frank

2 229
 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I've never seen one quite like that. Very interesting.

173 23,540
 07-23-2013, 01:16 PM
User Info
(07-23-2013, 01:00 PM)Johnny Wrote: I've never seen one quite like that. Very interesting.

Apparently Johnny, these were quite popular when they were first offered. And, from what I understand they are making quite a come back as a means for novices like me to try a straight razor technique without spending the money of a good straight.

It comes with a removable and reversible guard.

I just wish I knew more and could get input from those who have used this razor.

Frank

2 229