07-17-2013, 08:59 PM
  • bruseth
  • Yo-Papa
  • Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
User Info
Suddenly I have problems with Wm. Neumann & Co. Shave Soap. I can only get a foamy, sudsy, bubble-filled lather with it. What's strange is that when I got it a few months back, I was able to make a rich, creamy lather with no problems. Now the lather is filled with tiny, tiny bubbles, and as the bubbles disappear, so does the lather. I just now tried using the driest brush I have ever used in building a lather, and that improved it somewhat, but I still had a million small bubbles - not a rich creamy lather. I feel like I've lost my mind, my touch, or maybe both. What am I suddenly doing wrong? Maybe the much warmer weather? Who knows? Any ideas? Anybody else have this problem? BTW, I'm using the Bay Rum scent of their shave soap if that matters. I really like their products, especially the scent of their Bay Rum. I have their shave soap and their after shave balm. Nice, quality stuff. I know it's me messing up, not their product. After all, how could it have worked a couple of months ago, but not now? The same jar too? Yep, it's me.
As I said, if anybody could help out, I would very much appreciate it.

0 6
 07-18-2013, 03:47 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
You might contact Bill and Wm. Neumann. He is very easy to talk with and might be able to help.

173 23,513
 07-18-2013, 05:14 AM
User Info
what method are you using to create your lather?

1 171
 07-18-2013, 11:26 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Have you tried cleaning your brush? Do the dish soap followed by diluted vinegar routine and see if that helps.

43 1,690
 07-18-2013, 12:55 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
(07-18-2013, 11:26 AM)Andrew Wrote: Have you tried cleaning your brush? Do the dish soap followed by diluted vinegar routine and see if that helps.

+1. I had to clean my go to brush, too, but I skipped the Vinegar and just used Dawn Dish Soap.

68 1,416
 09-11-2013, 12:45 AM
  • bruseth
  • Yo-Papa
  • Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
User Info
Thanks for all your suggestions gentlemen. It is much appreciated. Sorry for the late response - had some health issues I was dealing with.
Bought some distilled water. It did the trick! Nice, creamy, smooth lather without the tiny bubbles. And why did the shave soap work right when I first got it? I lived in a different place at that time. I bet the water was softer. Duh, why didn't that occur to me before? I can be very slow at times Confused
Anyways, thanks again to each one of you who tried to help me. Great group of folks on this forum. I really appreciate it.

Take care,

bruseth

Kenny

0 6
 09-11-2013, 06:27 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
I live in a Hard Water Area and it is hard to believe that changing to distilled could be so much more rewarding.

Hope you are feeling better.

1 819
 09-11-2013, 07:23 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
It's good to know you found the problem. Maybe I should buy a jug of distilled water as there are a few glycerin soaps that I have trouble with.

Glad the health issues are getting better.

173 23,513
 09-11-2013, 09:24 AM
User Info
Great to hear you have resolved the problem and I hope you are feeling better!Smile

75 20,883