04-15-2012, 10:15 AM
  • England
User Info
I'm really tempted to buy a Irisch Moos stick. Although I really don't need this I'm strangely compelled towards Sir Irisch Moos .
Problem is at around $10 ( quick guess at converting )it could be yet another expensive mistake considering I most likely have enough shaving soap to see me out. So could I ask for opinions on this soap in the vane hope it will dissuade me from buying yet more unnecessary soapThumbsup

I almost despair at my weakness at timesConfused

0 110
 04-15-2012, 10:25 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I know the feeling about wanting more soap even though you have more than enough to last for ages. I just like having all the different types and scents around to choose from.

I haven't used SIM or its cousin, Tabac. However, I know both are well thought of and you could probably resell it and recoup some of your investment.

10 1,858
 04-15-2012, 10:31 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
It is a great shave stick. I need to get another stick of it just to grate up. I wish they'd make it in a puck form.

116 3,804
 04-15-2012, 10:58 AM
  • England
User Info
Now that's interesting Eric I did not realize that SIM is related to Tabac which I have and use but do not particularly get on with ............. Sherlock mmm.the plot thickens, will most likely pass given the evidence presented Biggrin Many thanks .it's good 'ere initWink

0 110
 04-15-2012, 10:59 AM
User Info
Irish Moos makes a very good shave stick. I don't know that it is a "must have", though.

6 230
 04-15-2012, 11:11 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
It was all the rage a few years ago when it was hard to source. Now that it is readily available, it is just another good shave stick. It is essentially the same as Tabac with a different scent.

45 16,293
 04-15-2012, 12:10 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
This is an excellent shaving stick,both scent and skin care wise.It could be on my top 5 shaving sticks with no problem,after La Toja,Wilkinson and Valobra.I have two of them and I will get more in the future.

86 7,123
 04-15-2012, 12:19 PM
  • England
User Info
Thanks one and all.
But I think Phil has put the final nail in the coffin. Tabac lathers well and is thick and creamy but always gives me a rough shave, as in small weepers and an astringent,tight after feeling which is not pleasant.
No science in this shaving lark is there ?

See it's easy ...just saved myself $10 .........er... whats next on the listBiggrin

0 110
 04-15-2012, 03:33 PM
User Info
It's actually one of my favorite shave products,both in scent and in performance.

I'm not sure that the Tabac puck and the SIM stick are the same formula because the stick is a softer consistency than the Tabac puck. I've seen reports the ingredient list is slightly different as well.

The fact that you can get a whole family of products in the SIM scent ( if you like it ) makes it attractive.

However, as always YMMV. To me $10 is worth it to find out for yourself.

0 252