07-19-2013, 01:13 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I got a Yardley in wooden bowl recently, don't know how old this soap is but it's old. The scent is gone, maybe it has some mild soap scent. So... Is it possible? Any ideas at all? How do I scent it?
I may have the greatest soap on earth with no scent, don't even know if there was any or what it was when it was fresh.
Really don't want to let this one go, performance wise it beats most soaps, the pleasure level is taken way down though when I smell nothing Sad

88 4,233
 07-19-2013, 01:17 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Use it a few times before you try to scent it, Steve. I got one on Etsy a while back and though the first few shaves were scentless I noticed last shave that a lovely lilac lavender scent was present in the shave. It was soft, but magical...sort of like a glimpse into the past...

**Edit, Mine is green label.

68 1,417
 07-19-2013, 01:18 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(07-19-2013, 01:17 PM)Crag Wrote: Use it a few times before you try to scent it, Steve. I got one on Etsy a while back and though the first few shaves were scentless I noticed last shave that a lovely lilac lavender scent was present in the shave. It was soft, but magical...sort of like a glimpse into the past...

Oh, you give me so much hope Biggrin

88 4,233
 07-19-2013, 01:25 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I aim to please! I wish there was a description repository of the Yardley scents available somewhere. Some months ago I saw one with a gold label on Etsy, but didn't have the funds for it. I've seen, Black Label, Green Label and Gold label so far. I have often wondered what their scents were...I'm going to do a full blown whiff when I get home.

68 1,417
 07-21-2013, 07:56 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Just had another GREAT shave with Yardley, still crying as I detect no scent, not even soapy scent now Sad
What an excellent soap though! I've stopped asking questions on why the production was stopped for some products, but this must be the stupidest move ever Angry
I am going to start looking for NOS puck in hopes that it's still scented.

88 4,233
 07-21-2013, 08:43 AM
User Info
I have found that with my vintage Yardley soaps there sometimes are small "pockets" of scent that are released once in a while, so every now and then I get a little whiff from a previously scentless puck.

185 12,010
 07-21-2013, 09:45 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(07-21-2013, 08:43 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I have found that with my vintage Yardley soaps there sometimes are small "pockets" of scent that are released once in a while, so every now and then I get a little whiff from a previously scentless puck.

Was it Lavender scented though? I am just starting to research it more now, the green label is most common, don't see any others for sale on eBay or Etsy.

88 4,233
 07-21-2013, 09:50 AM
User Info
(07-21-2013, 09:45 AM)beartrap Wrote:
(07-21-2013, 08:43 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I have found that with my vintage Yardley soaps there sometimes are small "pockets" of scent that are released once in a while, so every now and then I get a little whiff from a previously scentless puck.

Was it Lavender scented though? I am just starting to research it more now, the green label is most common, don't see any others for sale on eBay or Etsy.

I've had it happen with both green label and black label. And although slightly perfumey, it didn't really have a strong lavender note.

185 12,010