07-22-2013, 06:35 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Was lucky enough to purchase a new one off a forum this past weekend. It was waiting on me this evening so I decided I must shave with this beauty. All I can say is wow. 4 days worth of growth down in 2 passes and 1 touch up using a Kai Mild blade. I usually have so many problems on my neck area as I consider my skin down their like alligator skin. I can say I am BBS tonight. I don't know how the rest of the shaves will be like with this razor, but the shave tonight is possibly the best one I have ever have. Maybe, just maybe these SE shaves are what I need.

15 970
 07-22-2013, 06:46 PM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
(07-22-2013, 06:35 PM)tsimmns Wrote: Was lucky enough to purchase a new one off a forum this past weekend. It was waiting on me this evening so I decided I must shave with this beauty. All I can say is wow. 4 days worth of growth down in 2 passes and 1 touch up using a Kai Mild blade. I usually have so many problems on my neck area as I consider my skin down their like alligator skin. I can say I am BBS tonight. I don't know how the rest of the shaves will be like with this razor, but the shave tonight is possibly the best one I have ever have. Maybe, just maybe these SE shaves are what I need.

You sir are a lucky man....I've been trying to purchase one for as long as I can remember however I'm usually late to the party. I hope to score one in the near future. Glad you received yours and provided you with a great shave...all the best!

45 708
 07-22-2013, 06:56 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
(07-22-2013, 06:46 PM)GMofmiami Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 06:35 PM)tsimmns Wrote: Was lucky enough to purchase a new one off a forum this past weekend. It was waiting on me this evening so I decided I must shave with this beauty. All I can say is wow. 4 days worth of growth down in 2 passes and 1 touch up using a Kai Mild blade. I usually have so many problems on my neck area as I consider my skin down their like alligator skin. I can say I am BBS tonight. I don't know how the rest of the shaves will be like with this razor, but the shave tonight is possibly the best one I have ever have. Maybe, just maybe these SE shaves are what I need.

You sir are a lucky man....I've been trying to purchase one for as long as I can remember however I'm usually late to the party. I hope to score one in the near future. Glad you received yours and provided you with a great shave...all the best!

While it was quite expensive in terms, if the shaves continue like tonight's I will be selling off all my DE razors and only keeping a Feather AC SS and the Cobra. DE's just don't seem to do it for me with their blades on my neck.

15 970
 07-22-2013, 06:57 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
Greg they are the best razor around. The only downside is you realize early on that no other razor can improve on the shave you get. The only variable is which blade to use in he Cobra. It's kind of a downer to stop looking for the ultimate razor after you discover the Cobra.

57 916
 07-22-2013, 07:05 PM
  • GMofmiami
User Info
(07-22-2013, 06:57 PM)Barrylu Wrote: Greg they are the best razor around. The only downside is you realize early on that no other razor can improve on the shave you get. The only variable is which blade to use in he Cobra. It's kind of a downer to stop looking for the ultimate razor after you discover the Cobra.

Thanks for the feedback and look forward to being part of the "Cobra Revolution" soon. I realize once I get one that this may be the end of search of the perfect razor, however I'm more than willing to take that chance. Biggrin Right now I'm getting some brilliant, very close shaves with my Ikon SB (2013), Muhle R41 and Mergress (set @4) but my vintage Gillettes are collecting dust.

45 708
 07-22-2013, 07:06 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I've been tempted to try one of these but just can't bring myself to drop $170 on a razor I have no idea if I'll enjoy or is that much different from my injectors to be worth it.

31 1,510
 07-22-2013, 07:06 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Welcome to the wonderful world of Cobra! I have been using the Cobra almost exclusively since I first got mine in November, 2012. My quest for the ultimate razor is over ... for the foreseeable future Biggrin

102 17,662
 07-22-2013, 07:12 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
(07-22-2013, 07:05 PM)GMofmiami Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 06:57 PM)Barrylu Wrote: Greg they are the best razor around. The only downside is you realize early on that no other razor can improve on the shave you get. The only variable is which blade to use in he Cobra. It's kind of a downer to stop looking for the ultimate razor after you discover the Cobra.

Thanks for the feedback and look forward to being part of the "Cobra Revolution" soon. I realize once I get one that this may be the end of search of the perfect razor, however I'm more than willing to take that chance. Biggrin Right now I'm getting some brilliant, very close shaves with my Ikon SB (2013), Muhle R41 and Mergress (set @4) but my vintage Gillettes are collecting dust.
Say good-by to your 3 razors they are destined to join your Gillettes

57 916
 07-22-2013, 07:43 PM
User Info
Convert
Or
Be
Radically
Assimilated

31 7,912
 07-22-2013, 08:11 PM
User Info
Congratulations on the new razor! Smile

75 20,883
 07-22-2013, 09:45 PM
User Info
I bought a used Cobra 1.5 months ago. I was surprised at the smooth shaves and while I use it more than 1/3 of the time I still find it is not as close a shave as my R41 or ATT with a H base plate. When I don't have the time nor the ability of focus required for the R41 I usually go with the Cobra.

While I wont be selling of my favourite DEs I do enjoy this razor.

22 221
 07-23-2013, 05:07 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I am on my second Cobra but won't be selling it any time soon. Best shave in the world. I am using the Feather Pro blade but also tried the Dorco Super Barber which is almost as good.

100 12,438
 07-23-2013, 07:59 AM
User Info
The Cobra has been my daily shaver since I bought it earlier this year. I started with the Feather blades but I am now using the Kais and getting less irritation and fewer ingrowns (a problem for me no matter what I use). I get a closer shave with the Cobra in two passes than I can get with any DE in three + touch ups.

15 762
 07-23-2013, 05:04 PM
  • VTMAX
  • Banned
  • Woodstock, Vermont
User Info
The Cobra is that good. Just an unbelievable tool. The Kai's are my choice too. Not built perfectly like an AS-D2 but I have been wetshaving for 20 years and this razor is a great discovery. As good as it gets.

42 1,041
 07-23-2013, 05:08 PM
  • GMofmiami
User Info
(07-23-2013, 05:04 PM)VTMAX Wrote: The Cobra is that good. Just an unbelievable tool. The Kai's are my choice too. Not built perfectly like an AS-D2 but I have been wetshaving for 20 years and this razor is a great discovery. As good as it gets.

The more I read the more I want a Cobra right now!....Maybe the cobra gods will smile down upon me and allow to purchase one....time to begin praying Angel

45 708
 07-23-2013, 08:05 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
GMofMiami you could post an add. You might get lucky and find a brand new one like I did.. I think.you owe it to yourself to try it.

15 970
 07-23-2013, 08:28 PM
  • GMofmiami
User Info
(07-23-2013, 08:05 PM)tsimmns Wrote: GMofMiami you could post an add. You might get lucky and find a brand new one like I did.. I think.you owe it to yourself to try it.

Thank you...WTB ad has been posted.

45 708
 07-24-2013, 05:21 AM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Another shave with the Cobra this morning and I am more impressed than the other night when I first used it. This thing is like a silent assassin. To me it's effortless in the shave it gives you. In my opinion with this razor there is no need for over thinking stuff such as blade angle and well mainly blade angle. It's has a combination of an easy to use handle with a straight type blade/close shave fee (if that makes any sense). As I mentioned I have always had problems with the alligator hairs as I call them on my neck, but no more it seems. I am getting a BBS in areas I never knew I could: neck area, jawline, chin area. I'll say this, was the Cobra worth the $170 I spent on it? Probably not. Does it give the best shave I've ever had? You betcha. No wonder people are buying up back-ups of this razor to have.

15 970
 07-24-2013, 09:22 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
(07-24-2013, 05:21 AM)tsimmns Wrote: Another shave with the Cobra this morning and I am more impressed than the other night when I first used it. This thing is like a silent assassin. To me it's effortless in the shave it gives you. In my opinion with this razor there is no need for over thinking stuff such as blade angle and well mainly blade angle. It's has a combination of an easy to use handle with a straight type blade/close shave fee (if that makes any sense). As I mentioned I have always had problems with the alligator hairs as I call them on my neck, but no more it seems. I am getting a BBS in areas I never knew I could: neck area, jawline, chin area. I'll say this, was the Cobra worth the $170 I spent on it? Probably not. Does it give the best shave I've ever had? You betcha. No wonder people are buying up back-ups of this razor to have.
There is bit of a learning curve associated with The Cobra. Give it a few more shaves and then you will say I can't believe I only spent 169 for this razor.

57 916
 07-31-2013, 12:00 AM
User Info
really curious about these things. Everyone says theyre so good but to me they dont possess nearly the beauty of a traditional de.

0 53