07-23-2013, 07:16 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Anyone tried this new aftershave? They are being sold on ETSY. There are three different scents. American Blend, Italian Citrus, and Fresh Vetiver. They come in 100ml bottles and cost $15 each. I'm interested in the American Blend because I'm a sucker for any barbershop scent.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FineAccoutrements

[Image: ydJaEwy.jpg]

45 3,955
 07-23-2013, 07:26 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
First I've heard of them. Let us know how you like it, if you buy some.

173 23,553
 07-24-2013, 03:04 AM
User Info
I remember seeing a discussion pop up about those on B&B sometime last year. I don't remember if anyone actually reviewed them though. I wanted to order based on the bottle design alone.

72 1,407
 07-24-2013, 03:13 AM
  • JaDo
  • Dallas, TX
User Info
Nice packaging.

6 235
 07-24-2013, 06:59 AM
User Info
From the ingredients it doesn't look that great for the skin: alcohol, water, fragrance and menthol.

8 279
 07-24-2013, 07:00 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Nope I have not heard of them.

1) Where are they made?

2) How is the scent?

3) What are the ingredients?

4) What do you think of the product?

5) How long does the scent last?

1 819
 07-24-2013, 07:36 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
There's been some discussion of it over on Wicked Edge. Seems to be well received.

10 1,858
 07-24-2013, 08:27 AM
User Info
(07-24-2013, 06:59 AM)ayodh Wrote: From the ingredients it doesn't look that great for the skin: alcohol, water, fragrance and menthol.

I don't know, those are actually the only ingredients I want in an aftershave on a hot summer day. I kind of like the fact that they cut out all unnecessary chemicals from the product, although you never know what the "fragrance" part really consists of.

0 8
 11-18-2013, 05:47 PM
User Info
Just got the "American Blend" and it smells good. Kinda reminds me of old spice-ish with a twist. Its got some spice to it, Good face feel afterward. No problems with this one at all.
ingredients:
(1) Alcohol - Dries and sanitizes the skin.
(2) Water - Moderates the alcohol sting.
(3) Fragrance Oils - Add a pleasing opening bouquet and a subtle hint of freshness throughout the rest of your day.
(4) Menthol - Perfectly complements the Fragrance Oils with a refreshing burst of cool that constitutes a gratifying crescendo to the job at hand.

If I had one complaint it would be that it's expensive for a 100ml bottle $14.99. Proraso is about the same price but when you factor shipping from Italy I can understand it being a little pricey $17.99.

2 805
 01-23-2014, 11:35 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Fine is made in the USA.

Joe has collaborated with the makers of Fine to produce a RazoRock version...

[Image: hSmiomO.png]

91 17,875
 01-24-2014, 08:46 AM
User Info
I ordered the sample pack of 4 different scents directly from Fine Accoutrements and liked two of them enough to order the full size bottles, along with Joe's/Fine Razorock XXX version yesterday. Overall, the products are simple in both packaging and ingredients but very effective as soothing aftershaves.

Here's my review of the scents to Todd (aka Mr. Fine) in a recent email and are listed in order of preference:
1. Italian Citrus – FANTASTIC!!! reminds me of AdP Colonia, that stuff just makes me happy every time I smell it…
2. Fresh Vetiver – Was not a Vetiver fan until I smelled this, EXCELLENT version of this classic
3. Savon Lavande – Very clean, very fresh, and somewhat delicate lavender…I would say more but my wife stole my sample
4. American Blend – Very traditional old-school barbershop scent, drydown reminds my of Pinaud talc

Again, just my opinion but to me the Italian Citrus has an AdP Colonia vibe to it, and Todd agreed. He also mentioned the Fine XXX is similar but sweeter.

BTW, Fine's customer service is excellent! Very responsive in emails with fast & careful packaging, I would certainly order again...hope this helps

7 131
 01-24-2014, 08:44 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Just ordered the XXX and Italian Citrus!

91 17,875
 04-10-2014, 05:47 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info

Fine Accoutrements AS

[Image: SVx0HB5.jpg]

102 17,671
 04-10-2014, 07:01 PM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
(04-10-2014, 05:47 PM)Agravic Wrote:

Fine Accoutrements AS

[Image: SVx0HB5.jpg]

Looks like you went into my shave den Ravi Tongue....That's my exact lineup plus a bottle of the Fine/RR XXX.....All are fantastic.....really enjoying the Snake Bite.

45 708
 04-10-2014, 07:19 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Ha, Greg ... a man of Fine tastes as well! Biggrin

All the scents are quite distinctive ... too early for me to pick my favorites.

102 17,671
 04-13-2014, 06:31 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Initial impressions:

Fine AS are impressive.
- classic packaging
- distinctive scents
- decent performance
- reasonable price

My scent rankings so far.
1. Fresh Vetiver
2. L'Orange Noir
3. American Blend
4. Italian Citrus
5. Snake Bite

102 17,671
 04-14-2014, 12:12 AM
  • P Funk
  • I can only carry 50 chickens at a time
  • Bay Area, NorCal
User Info
Agreed - impressive line of AS.
I purchased the American Blend on a lark and really enjoy it.

They offer a sampler pack on their site. It has all of their scents except for Snake Bite.
I'm going through that now - wasn't much of a vetiver fan either but something about their 2 takes on it keeps me intrigued. The Italian Citrus is excellent.

Edit -
Ah, I see the thread was revived to feature Ravi's beautiful photography :-).
Great pic Ravi!

How would you describe the Snake Bite scent? I'm quite curious about this new offering.

19 591
 04-14-2014, 02:16 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(04-14-2014, 12:12 AM)P Funk Wrote: Agreed - impressive line of AS.
I purchased the American Blend on a lark and really enjoy it.

They offer a sampler pack on their site. It has all of their scents except for Snake Bite.
I'm going through that now - wasn't much of a vetiver fan either but something about their 2 takes on it keeps me intrigued. The Italian Citrus is excellent.

Edit -
Ah, I see the thread was revived to feature Ravi's beautiful photography :-).
Great pic Ravi!

How would you describe the Snake Bite scent? I'm quite curious about this new offering.

Snake Bite doesn't have much fragrance apart from an alcohol essence, IMO, relative to the others. Where this one stands out is its strong menthol effects and resultant skin sensations afterwards.
I've realized over time that I don't care for menthol as much as I'd like to ... hence position no.5 in my ranking.
I surmise that menthol lovers will enjoy this one though.

My current favorite is the Fresh Vetiver; I'll have to get the Clean Vetiver at some point, too.

The challenge for me is that my wife has indicated she cares not for the vetiver ...
This leaves a compromise situation, i.e. mutually liked ones taking the lead; L'Orange Noir, American Blend, Italian Citrus.

I'll reach for the vetiver on days where I choose to keep my wife at a distance ... Tongue

102 17,671
 04-15-2014, 04:20 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I'm a sucker for anything with barber stripes on it or if it says something like barber shop scent, or American Blend.

IMHO he nailed it with the American Blend. How a guy in New York knew what Mack's Barber Shop in Cockrell Hill, TX smelled like in 1954 is beyond me.

173 23,553
 04-22-2014, 07:42 AM
  • Littlemax
  • Emerald Isle, NC USA
User Info
The American Blend is my fav, followed by Platinum & L'Orange Noir. !!!

0 35