07-24-2013, 04:53 AM
User Info
I have been asked more than once about the designs of our stainless razors. The simple truth is that the handles are mostly a collection of design ideas from the art deco period. I suppose that is plain to see. The head, blade gaps and especially the blade stabilizer post were ideas we believe to be unique to our razor. The Gillette 1934 Aristocrat (first TTO razor) and some of the British Aristocrats have always been some of my favorite designs. To me they are functional art.

0 149
 07-24-2013, 05:42 AM
  • Codfish
  • Product Tester
  • Connecticut Shoreline
User Info
(07-24-2013, 04:53 AM)stan Wrote: I have been asked more than once about the designs of our stainless razors. The simple truth is that the handles are mostly a collection of design ideas from the art deco period. I suppose that is plain to see. The head, blade gaps and especially the blade stabilizer post were ideas we believe to be unique to our razor. The Gillette 1934 Aristocrat (first TTO razor) and some of the British Aristocrats have always been some of my favorite designs. To me they are functional art.

For those who may be interested, here is a link to my review of the Above The Tie 7-piece stainless steel razor system. Please excuse the link. I am preparing a post to the Nook's Reviews section,

0 254
 07-24-2013, 09:15 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Thank you Jim

100 12,439
 07-25-2013, 03:00 AM
User Info
I had my first shave with the Titan M1 this morning and it was the smoothest shave I've ever had. I still want to get my hands on a British Aristocrat #16 someday but until then.....Thanks Stan

11 87
 07-26-2013, 01:31 AM
User Info
(07-24-2013, 05:42 AM)Codfish Wrote:
(07-24-2013, 04:53 AM)stan Wrote: I have been asked more than once about the designs of our stainless razors. The simple truth is that the handles are mostly a collection of design ideas from the art deco period. I suppose that is plain to see. The head, blade gaps and especially the blade stabilizer post were ideas we believe to be unique to our razor. The Gillette 1934 Aristocrat (first TTO razor) and some of the British Aristocrats have always been some of my favorite designs. To me they are functional art.

For those who may be interested, here is a link to my review of the Above The Tie 7-piece stainless steel razor system. Please excuse the link. I am preparing a post to the Nook's Reviews section,
Great review Jim, thank you.

0 606
 07-29-2013, 06:33 PM
User Info
(07-25-2013, 03:00 AM)stellafella Wrote: I had my first shave with the Titan M1 this morning and it was the smoothest shave I've ever had. I still want to get my hands on a British Aristocrat #16 someday but until then.....Thanks Stan

I'm glad your enjoying your M1. Making shaving enjoyable is what its all about. Have been working at an open comb design with maybe an ball tip type design kinda like the 1918 era razors. We'll see what happens.

0 149