07-24-2013, 02:54 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I am in the beginning phase of having a web developer make a new website for BullGoose Shaving. I figured that this would be a good time to ask you what features you would like to see on the new site. While I will not be able to incorporate all suggestions, I am sure that I can add many of them. So...please respond to this thread and let me know what new features you would like to see.

45 16,305
 07-24-2013, 03:04 PM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
Customer reviews would be great Phil

18 281
 07-24-2013, 03:05 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
product reviews would be better

6 1,913
 07-24-2013, 03:11 PM
  • ojinsa
  • San Antonio
User Info
That's awesome Phil! I love seeing the evolution of small businesses. The only think I can think of is that if it's possible, I'd like it to be in a format that's mobile device friendly. I often do a lot of my online purchases from either my handheld or tablet, and I think this would make the purchase and checkout easier.

27 860
 07-24-2013, 03:16 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
The current BullGoose website is pretty good, Phil.

If feasible, a nice feature would be a 'wish list' similar to what Amazon has ... that way, one can build up a wish list to refer to when the mood arises to make a purchase. Biggrin

102 17,665
 07-24-2013, 03:18 PM
User Info
Maybe customer accounts with purchase history.

0 156
 07-24-2013, 03:41 PM
User Info
I would like to see a if you have space ingredient lists.
Your search works pretty well! Good luck Phil

7 156
 07-24-2013, 04:12 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
Thanks for the suggestions....they are all great ideas. The ingredient lists though will have to wait until I hire someone with younger eyes.

45 16,305
 07-24-2013, 04:26 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
How about a "new items" or "new arrivals" feature?

10 1,120
 07-24-2013, 04:28 PM
  • Jeff
  • Stingraysrock
  • Lakeland, FL
User Info
I second the idea of a wish list and also purchase history.

1 117
 07-24-2013, 04:30 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(07-24-2013, 04:26 PM)MickToley Wrote: How about a "new items" or "new arrivals" feature?

Yes, this is one thing I have already discussed with the developer. In addition, you will be able to sign up for notices of new products, sales, etc.

45 16,305
 07-24-2013, 04:31 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(07-24-2013, 04:28 PM)Jeff Wrote: I second the idea of a wish list and also purchase history.

I really like this idea too. Thank you for the suggestion.

45 16,305
 07-24-2013, 04:35 PM
User Info
Phil,

It would be great if once an item was placed in the shopping cart that it would remain there for a specified amount of time. I would not expect the amount of time to be long but enough to allow the person to go through the website and checkout and have the item remain in the cart. A wish list feature. Customer account to include a place to save credit card info, billing and shipping address.

29 1,731
 07-24-2013, 04:47 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(07-24-2013, 04:30 PM)bullgoose Wrote: Yes, this is one thing I have already discussed with the developer. In addition, you will be able to sign up for notices of new products, sales, etc.

Very cool. Smile

10 1,120
 07-24-2013, 05:17 PM
  • JaDo
  • Dallas, TX
User Info
(07-24-2013, 04:30 PM)bullgoose Wrote:
(07-24-2013, 04:26 PM)MickToley Wrote: How about a "new items" or "new arrivals" feature?

Yes, this is one thing I have already discussed with the developer. In addition, you will be able to sign up for notices of new products, sales, etc.

Yes, this is something I would love to see, too!

6 235
 07-24-2013, 05:50 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I'm gonna vote with the others and vote a wish list. A different way to go would be a persistent shopping cart. The wish list is cool though, especially if like amazon, you can email folks a link to it.

14 1,177
 07-24-2013, 05:51 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
That's great news Phil. I am a fan of your current site because it easy to navigate and I can buy everything I see.

I like the idea of tracking purchase history a lot. It would be neat to add up how much I spent in a year. I also like the new arrival idea.

45 3,955
 07-24-2013, 06:08 PM
User Info
First, please do no harm. Your current website is approachable, gives plenty of quick overview of products via thumbnails, and has useful categories. You should be proud of the work you did.

Scrolling through a page like: http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/shaving-creams.html is easy and fun. I would hate to see the overview thumbnails lost in the new website.

Consider:
an "In Stock and Trending" category, great for the products that are high interest.

Improvements to item detail:
high res zoom on hover over an image.
reviews
ingredients (Walgreens has reading glasses. 'ya know?)

A special permanent coupon code that gives Aimsport 90% off.

Order history

A PIF mechanism where anybody can buy anything(s) anonymously, limit shipping to CONUS, Global (unlimited) or some dollar limit, and send the prepaid order as a redeemable certificate via PRIVATE message as a PIF, or publicly as a first come first serve.

Sorts by Alphabet, Most Popular, Price ascending and descending in each category.

You are photogenic and your intensely high integrity personality shines through. You would do well by yourself to have a video section... even if it was 1/100 the scale of Goulet Pens' http://www.inknouveau.com/p/write-time-a...casts.html . Also sections like: http://www.gouletpens.com/Fountain_of_Kn...s/1130.htm , and a blog like: http://www.inknouveau.com/

For products you are considering stocking you can sell limited supplies for early feedback in a section called "Early Adopters", or "The Bleeding Edge"... where you sell a few of the product you are thinking of carrying. The deal is that Early Adopters promise to write thorough reviews and give you feedback... Most people willing to do this are also willing to pay full retail for the product to get it early, so there doesn't even need to be a discount all the time.

There has got to be an easy "Like" for Facebook and other social networking site buttons on your page. You have a facebook page after all.

Allow people to create product lists and name them, and link to them publicly or keep them private. "Recommended Setup for Beginners", "Bob's Top Rotation Soaps", etc... Allow one click add to cart of the whole list. Possible use case: "You have sensitive skin. I made a list of a few products at BullGoose for you to consider." List edit could include a plain text copy paste with or without prices so people could paste it in message boards or e-mails.

Did I already mention the Aimsport permanent discount code?

I wish you well in your website upgrade.

3 285
 07-24-2013, 06:29 PM
User Info
Drop down box with all brands.

24 235
 07-24-2013, 07:03 PM
User Info
I really think the only thing I've ever missed was the New Products button.

And since you post here when you get new products I really haven't missed it.

I'm a happy customer Biggrin

6 1,224