07-26-2013, 02:19 AM
User Info
Hi lads,Geordie Sam here,I normally drink beer,it tends to fluctuate between "ale" type beer and lager beer,but I sometimes have the odd pint or two of cider. Over here there is a VERY WIDE choice of different cider makers to choose from,especially in the west country part of England and on the Welsh borders,literally hundreds and hundreds.
I was wondering how readily available is it in your part of the World,where ever that may be.

Sam.

0 79
 07-26-2013, 04:30 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Hard cider is available in most parts of the United States. Since its summer the big push this year is beer spiked with lemonade. Most of the beer makers are advertising and selling it.

100 12,442
 07-26-2013, 05:54 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
White Lighting is still being made but, in many places growing pot has displaced White Lighting. But, that is not a Hard Cider.

Slantman is correct in that Hard Cider can be found in most parts of the United States but, most people don't drink it.

1 819
 07-26-2013, 06:35 AM
User Info
In the autumn cider is everywhere here in the NE USA. And if one has sweet cider, hard cider follows.

It's not huge in the NE part of the US, but it's available in most every market. It's not what I consider hard cider to be, it tastes watered down to me. It's more of a beer sort of product.

Then there is the version that's near 40% alcohol. That too tastes like it's diluted with something, not only alcohol from cider. Maybe mixed with something to stretch the cider part.

It's not difficult to make though if one has access to apples. It happens all on it's own if one just leaves it alone. I like it. The real stuff that is; not the products I discussed above.

32 6,309
 07-26-2013, 07:56 AM
User Info
I'm from Wales and that's my drink, I usually drink a Welsh Cider Gwynt Y ddraig known in English as Black Dragon 6.5 vol, another Cider and one I'll be drinking tonight Thatchers Katy another fine Cider quite strong coming in at 7.4 vol, I like a strong Cider such a refreshing drink.
http://www.gwyntcider.com/gyd/
http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/

Jamie.

5 1,805
 07-26-2013, 08:37 AM
User Info
I had to Google what "hard cider" meant,as over here "hard cider" is just called "cider".
There are a few sites on "you tube" showing you how to make it,I might just have a go as I have an apple tree in my garden which produces hundreds of apples every year and I never know what to do with them.
Sam.

0 79
 07-26-2013, 03:39 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
when I was a kid, my uncle looked forward to picking up some cider
at a roadside stand, in the fall, would "crack" the cap on it, and leave it on a cold enclosed porch.
voila, hard cider. (the old way of doing it) he enjoyed the tartness.
I have bought roadside stand cider that was already going hard just naturally.

0 1,291
 07-26-2013, 07:17 PM
User Info
Geordie, We do have nice cider over here but it's not nearly so convenient as there, where you can just sidle up to the bar and have them pull you a pint. If it was that easy I would drink a lot more of it Wink

6 1,224