07-31-2013, 08:38 AM
User Info
What kind of legacy of a memory will you leave of yourself in the hearts and minds of others when you are gone.?

0 79
 07-31-2013, 09:57 AM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Some will be sad and some will be glad when I'm gone.

100 years from now no one will know the difference.

173 23,290
 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Only those close to me will know me.

For my co-workers, they already know I am Opinionated, have high work standards and that I expect them do more than their best at what they do.

For my friend, they will know me as being opinionated, not too tollerant of stupidity and as a friend that can be depended on.

The Boy Scouts that I interact with will forever remember me ... and I hope that they will not forget the lessons learned - Character Matters, Think For Yourself, Don't Follow The Crowd, Do Your Best, Be Responsible, Do First Things First, Be a Good Citizen, etc.

I hope my Sons will think of me as Fair, Opinionated, Hard Headed, Mostly Right and willing to admit it when I was wrong. As well as doing "What a Man has got to do." That you need to practice to be Great at something. If you fail ... then Keep Trying. Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome is a sign of insanity.

So as Johnny said some will be sad and some will be glad when I'm gone too.

However, a 100 years from now while most of those will be gone, I would hope that my impact will continue to be felt in the young Hearts and Minds that I have come into contact with both of my Sons and their future children as well as the Boy Scouts that I have seen grow up.

1 819
 07-31-2013, 03:26 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
"that cantankerous old fart finally checked out...`bout time, thought he'd live forever.
now let's divvy up his shave gear !" Biggrin

0 1,291
 07-31-2013, 06:34 PM
User Info
I hope they say that I was a generous man. That I was the kind that would take the last bite out of his mouth for someone else.

2 546
 07-31-2013, 06:45 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
As being the Grandfather and Great Grandfather of 6 Nobel Prize Winners, One of which cured Cancer and another cured Alzhiemer's disease.

53 898
 08-01-2013, 04:00 AM
User Info
Remember: you're not remembered for working hard!

5 410