08-01-2013, 09:34 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
For those that are using a shampoo bar, do you like how it cleans your hair? Do you prefer over liquid Shampoo?

1 3,507
 08-01-2013, 09:42 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Brad, I've been using shampoo bars exclusively for the last 2 months, and have tossed my liquid shampoo. I happen to be using Mystic Water shampoo bar, and love it, but I'm sure others such as Mike's perform just as well.
What do I like about these shampoo bars?
1. they are compact and efficient, easy to store and travel with
2. a little bit goes a long way ... I wet my hair, swipe the bar on my hair a few times, and then 'poof' the lather magic begins.
3. the lathering and cleansing qualities are superb
4. all natural ingredients
5. environmentally friendly in terms of packaging and disposal

Bottom line ... shampoo bars are here to stay in my shower! Biggrin

102 17,576
 08-01-2013, 11:08 AM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
I use a decent one called J.R. Liggett's Old Fashioned Bar Shampoo, I like it.
have been using them for years. at about $4.00 a pop, they outlast several large bottles of
shampoo. not heavily perfumed. comes in a few different versions. they clean well without overstripping.

0 1,291
 08-01-2013, 05:13 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I've been using bars from Chagrin Valley for about 2 years now and love them.
They have a wide variety of formulas and scents depending on your hair type and preference.
They're a bit pricey at $7-8 per bar, but they're very large 7oz bars and go a long way, when I receive mine I always cut each bar into thirds and keep the unused portions in a ziplock bag, each 1/3 bar lasts me about 4-6 weeks.
They offer small sample sized bars to make choosing a scent/formula you like a but easier on the wallet. Any of them are fine on any type of hair, but some like Nettle or Ayurvedic Herb are aimed more at itchy scalp, psoriasis or dandruff.

31 1,510
 08-15-2013, 08:38 PM
User Info
After a recommendation on
the B&B site I tried a Dr. Bronner's Lavender bar soap.
It is a Great Shampoo bar as well as soap bar and at about $3.00 dollars abar it's a great value.

Just couldn't talk the Wife & Daughtetr into it Sad

5 329
 04-09-2014, 01:31 AM
User Info
very nice.you can have shower,wash your hair ,brush your teeth and wash your clothes with it.

0 10