08-01-2013, 10:20 AM
User Info
Since I started DE shaving, 4 years ago, I always used my parker badger that came with a starter kit with a 71R Parker DE. About 2 years ago I treated myself to a Muhle African Blackwood DE and The Muhle Sophist brush. I havent tried the Muhle brush because I such a creature of habit...who out there have used the Muhle 93 Sophist brush? I forget what I paid for the brush but what Im reading only shows its like 225.00. Im having second thought actually using a brush thats valued over 200...for the guys who tried the brush, is it worth the price??

4 158
 08-01-2013, 12:22 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
A Good Brush is worth the price if it works the way you want it to.

There is a lot that goes into a Good Brush and most of it is not marketing costs.

1 819
 08-01-2013, 03:00 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Muhle make among the most aesthetically pleasing brushes.

Their Badger brushes perform well, but are notoriously soft. Backbone is not their focus at all, instead their design is all about a large feel on the face and a soft, luxurious experience.

This style of knot does deviates from the current trend towards 2 band and a focus on backbone as a dominant feature or characteristic.

I own a few Simpson Manchurians, but recently purchased a Muhle Retro. This Muhle blooms hugely, has a very large presence on the face and is very yielding. The experience is big, soft and luxurious. I enjoy using it, but it will not replace my favoured Manchurians.

91 17,823
 08-02-2013, 08:08 AM
User Info
ouch, love a brush with a solid backbone..might put this up for sale for someone who better appreciates

4 158