08-02-2013, 07:04 AM
User Info
I was recently PIF'd a bottle of the Lime. I used it last night with pleasant results. Here's a breakdown of my thoughts.

Price: 10/10. It was free for me, but when I buy it again; it will be reasonable.

Quality: 10/10. This stuff is top notch. It is a sleeper in a world of giants.

Fights Razor Burn: 10/10. My neck was a little irritated after my shave. This cleared it right up.

Cooling Sensation: 1/10. There is no menthol in this. But if the Captain made a menthol splash, I think it would be a big hit.

Scent: 10/10. It's kind of a spicy lime scent. It's pretty intoxicating.

Guys, get this splash. The Captain is also great with his customers. The handwritten note was a plus too. I will for sure be a repeat customer and will buy the other splashes.

Efficacy: 10/10. My face is so smooth and moisturized.

Moisturizing: 10/10. This stuff will take care of you.

No Alcohol Burn: 6/10. I haven't used the other splashes made by the Captain, but I hear that this burns less than the others. Doesn't mean it's a weak splash.

2 396
 08-02-2013, 07:10 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
How long does the scent last after you use it?

1 819
 08-02-2013, 07:13 AM
User Info
Not long. I got whiffs of it every now and then, but it doesn't linger. To me, that's a plus. But I can see how that would be a negative to some people.

2 396
 08-07-2013, 07:56 PM
User Info
It's great stuff. Once I'm through my bottle of Dominica Lime, I will switch over to the CC Lime. The Dominica wins big from a price perspective, but that's about it.

24 235
 08-08-2013, 02:19 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
It's a competent aftershave, but nothing to write home about. The fragrance is all too fleeting.

5 758
 08-08-2013, 05:36 AM
User Info
(08-08-2013, 02:19 AM)Rufus Wrote: It's a competent aftershave, but nothing to write home about. The fragrance is all too fleeting.
Well, it is an aftershave. Sounds like you're expecting it to do something that it's not designed to do.

24 235
 08-08-2013, 06:19 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
(08-08-2013, 05:36 AM)jpipes3 Wrote:
(08-08-2013, 02:19 AM)Rufus Wrote: It's a competent aftershave, but nothing to write home about. The fragrance is all too fleeting.
Well, it is an aftershave. Sounds like you're expecting it to do something that it's not designed to do.

My assessment is based on my use of the hundred aftershaves or so that I've used over my 45 years of wet shaving. As we know, one man's meat is another man's poison or YMWV.

5 758
 08-08-2013, 02:14 PM
User Info
That's true. Aftershaves are kinda damned if they do, damned if they don't. Make it too strong, and a guy like me may not buy it because it interferes with my cologne. Make it too weak, and a guy like you may complain that the scent doesn't last long enough.

24 235
 08-08-2013, 02:32 PM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
(08-08-2013, 02:14 PM)jpipes3 Wrote: That's true. Aftershaves are kinda damned if they do, damned if they don't. Make it too strong, and a guy like me may not buy it because it interferes with my cologne. Make it too weak, and a guy like you may complain that the scent doesn't last long enough.

You're spot on. I never wear cologne so I don't have to worry about my AS interfering or clashing with a cologne. My assessment, however, is based on more than just the longevity of the scent. Don't get me wrong, CC Lime gets the job done, but there is nothing about it in my view that makes it stand out in a crowded field. The lime scent itself is there, but just barely to my nose. The feel on my face is not distinguishable from my other dozen aftershaves, unlike CC Bay Rum, which has a unique "after burn" that I enjoy.

5 758
 08-10-2013, 05:18 PM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
I find CC Lime to be the most potent lime aftershave I have tried and it sells at a good price point. The only one I prefer over it is T&H West Indies Lime but it is four times the cost. CC feels good, smells good, and I pickup whiffs of it several hours after application. A keeper in my books.

0 534
 08-13-2013, 09:02 PM
User Info
Personally, I like an aftershave that doesn't last that long. I'm not much of a cologne guy, but I don't want any scents colliding if I do decide to wear some.

Obviously I won't wear something that smells like crap, but I use aftershaves to tone, soothe, and refresh my skin after my shaves.

We're all different and are into different things. Let's just enjoy the ride and mow down some whiskers. Cool

2 396
 08-14-2013, 07:40 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
I too like aftershaves that don't last too long but, I do like colognes.

As for something that smells like Krapp, I like to use Pinaud Lilac Vegetal which smells like a freshly cleaned toilet.

But, you have to like Pinaud Clubman to enjoy it.

1 819
 08-17-2013, 12:18 PM
User Info
I am a very big fan of the captains lime! I have not had any other product leave my face feeling so mosturized! The lime scent is second to none!! I do wish the scent was a little less fleeting, but overall I am a huge fan!!!

2 72
 08-22-2013, 09:15 PM
  • gclyn
  • Markham, Ontario, Canada
User Info
I just received my bottle of CC Lime. I have to agree, this is a great after shave. The lime scent is mild and too overpowering. It does not last long which is a bonus, I don't like to have lingering odours from cologne or after shaves.

It also felt great on my face, no excessive burning. I read somewhere to put let the CC Lime sit in your hands for a few seconds to let the alcohol evaporate a little. I tried it and worked fine.

I also like the moisturizing effect of the product.

Definite recomend.

0 26