08-02-2013, 12:37 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Hello All!

I noticed in the latest box of Personna Medical Prep blades that the blades sit funny in my razors, one side being perfect and one side being slightly more aggressive...The first two boxes of blades were ever so slightly heavier, which I took to mean that blades were thicker, and they performed exactly the same on both sides of the razor with an average of 4 BBS shaves. This new box seems much lighter (new 100ct), and the blades feel much thinner and less rigid. I'm on my second shave into the second blade from the box and noticed the same issue on both blades.

I also noticed that the wrapper has changed from a solid blue to the white-line divided blue like the Lab Preps, yet the blades still say "For Hospital Use" on them, whereas the Lab Preps do not have that lettering.

I have found this issue in my Feather AS, my Weber Polished my Merkur 23C, and my Gillette Short Comb...I've even gone so far as to flip the blades in the head to see if that helps which it does not...

Does anyone else have this issue? Any ideas of what it could be?

Matt

68 1,417
 08-02-2013, 08:17 PM
User Info
Do you have the ability to measure various points on the blade(s)? That should tell a great deal.

They're manufactured the same as any other blade. Maybe something was worn so as not to align right when they were punched out. Maybe the sheet stock was out of spec'. It could be a lot of things, even the razor unless it's only the Med Preps doing it.

Can't help further.

32 6,311
 08-09-2013, 04:46 PM
User Info
That sounds odd indeed! I am assuming when you flip the blade that the side with the most exposure changes?

6 1,224
 08-09-2013, 08:05 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, have not experienced this but I am on my first box of Med Prep Blades, which are wrapped in blue.

173 23,555
 08-09-2013, 08:09 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I exchanged the box on Amazon and still have the issue...so I just flip the blade...but that mean having to know which side is causing the issue...for all I know flipping the blade has no effect...lol

68 1,417
 08-09-2013, 10:15 PM
User Info
Crag, can you post pictures? I'm wondering if there are counterfeit blades "out there".

32 6,311
 08-10-2013, 03:22 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(08-09-2013, 10:15 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Crag, can you post pictures? I'm wondering if there are counterfeit blades "out there".

I had not thought of that. Would not be the first time something counterfeit was sold on Amazon.

173 23,555
 08-10-2013, 07:23 AM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
This is the only blade that I want to try, yet have not purchased yet. the regular personna blues are "middle of the pack" blades to me...the reds I like a good amount more. I work in a hospital and have searched everywhere to find these "old school" surgical prep blades that used to be common...currently I have not been able to locate any kind of DE prep blade. Evidently unless your in another country, or maybe one of a handful of hospitals in the U.S., these blades just aren't used anymore?!?! Now they use very expensive sealed disposable electric razor heads that probably cost more individually than your 100ct pack of lab preps! It's time to order I guess, just not from amazon!!!Undecided

4 792