08-07-2013, 08:00 AM
User Info
With the end of summer upon us what better time for a contest!

This will be drawn via random.org and one lucky winner will get to pick one of these:

[Image: LyqGUjbl.jpg]

In addition, another lucky winner will receive a free sample pack filled with samples of each of our three aftershaves:

[Image: OFIZdWjl.jpg]

Due to product contents this is restricted to CONUS only please (sorry but regs are regs.) The contest is open to any and all who are here. I will let it run for a few days, maybe as long as a week but don't wait until it is too late! Our intent is to give back to an on-line community that has been so supportive of our (small and growing) business.

If you are a lurker, a long time member, a steward or a moderator - let's hear from you!

Here is the topic:

Tell of a favorite summertime memory.

6 323
 08-07-2013, 08:17 AM
User Info
I'm sitting this one out, because I already won a bottle of the fantastic Lime. But I would still like to share a memory.

My favorite summer memory would probably be all the camping. We would cook over an open fire, fish, swim in the lake all day, ride 4x wheelers, shoot, explore, and all sorts of other things.

2 396
 08-07-2013, 08:22 AM
User Info
Great pif- I'm in!

Favorite summertime memory: roasting marshmallows over a small bonfire on the beach with my wife and my daughters, with the sun setting over the Adirondacks.

2 234
 08-07-2013, 08:32 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Diving in the Virgin Islands in the summer off my boat after all the winter tourists have left.........

I lived on St. Croix, USVI for five years.

Bob

4 2,380
 08-07-2013, 08:45 AM
User Info
My favorite summer time memory was going fishing in Northen New Hampshire when I was much younger. I burned out several fishing reels and fed countless bait to I don't know how many fish. Biggrin

0 74
 08-07-2013, 08:50 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Every summer same memory, the school is out Tongue

88 4,233
 08-07-2013, 09:15 AM
User Info
Favorite summer memory is when our family vacationed in the Bahamas. We took my mom and my wife's mom also. First time either of them had left the country.

0 156
 08-07-2013, 09:16 AM
User Info
I'm not in, but I think it's a great contest. Let's hear those memories.

184 12,003
 08-07-2013, 09:26 AM
User Info
I'll sit this one out since I won a bottle in the last contest. Good luck everyone!

10 2,062
 08-07-2013, 09:26 AM
  • A28
User Info
im inBiggrin
Favorite summer memory would have to be when i spent a week out on lake powel with my family. The entire week was nothing but fishing,water sports, and fun!Biggrin
Great pif by the way thank you.

3 316
 08-07-2013, 10:28 AM
User Info
hello and thanks for the give away, please put me in for the free bottle from the captain. my favorite summertime memory is when i was a boy my great uncle and aunt would take us camping at a local lake, really neat memories. thanks and have a great day! brian (kbh2o)

27 20
 08-07-2013, 10:54 AM
User Info
I'm in! Favorite summertime memory is walking down the beach as a kid at night. There was a huge storm that day and the beach was covered in huge clumps of seaweed. It was ugly and dissapointing...until I discovered that the clumps of seaweed were crammed with small jellyfish which glowed when disturbed. I spend hours running down the beach kicking clumps of seaweed, leaving a glowing trail behind me.

1 77
 08-07-2013, 11:27 AM
User Info
I spent a week every summer with my mom's parents in PA. Before my mom got her first car, a Corvair btw, we'd take the train from Union Station in DC. She'd get us a compartment that ad it's own little bathroom and a fold down bed where I'd take a nap. Eating in the dining car and going thru the tunnels are my fondest traveling memory. I loved when we'd have a steam engine, which my mom referred to as a "cow catcher", because it was slower than a diesel and therefore te ride was longer! For me this was the best!

0 47
 08-07-2013, 12:13 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Nice contest Scott.

I'm not in but the first summer memory that comes to mind was my 16th birthday. Got my drivers license and lost my virginity all on the same day.

173 23,535
 08-07-2013, 01:02 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(08-07-2013, 12:13 PM)Johnny Wrote: Nice contest Scott.

I'm not in but the first summer memory that comes to mind was my 16th birthday. Got my drivers license and lost my virginity all on the same day.

What a day! Biggrin

88 4,233
 08-07-2013, 01:03 PM
User Info
I'm in!

One of my favorite summertime memories is one from later in life.

My parents moved away for my dad's job when I was 18. Over time while we always talked, we were never real close.

Well as time went on, my dad and I both fell in love with motorcycles. One of my favorite memories were when he and I went and picked up his first brand new bike together. It felt amazing sharing that with memory with him. He had worked so hard for so long and truly deserved a brand new bike. Especially one that he picked out and fully customized to his liking. He was completely overjoyed with it. I love my Dad, he is a wonderful man.

0 11
 08-07-2013, 02:46 PM
User Info
Not for the contest as I have all three aftershaves and enjoy them greatly, but this memory lives forever in my mind. Back in the late 60's our large family of 7 children always went camping at Cook's Forrest State Park in Pennsylvania every summer. We always took my Grandma along. One evening after supper she went for a stroll. We were all sitting along the front porch when we heard Grandma giving a mighty yell and before long she came into view pursued by three bears, a Momma bear and 2 cubs. She ran, at a stately pace downhill, they gave chase. She turned and ran up the hill...so did they. Our heads went back and forth as Grandma went back and forth up and down the hill a number of times. Not a single one of us children felt brave enough to rescue Grandma...it was beginning to look grim.
Without much warning, the screen door slammed open, and my very tall and very big father was suddenly on the porch with a 'what the heck are you kids staring at?' question to all of us!! He quickly took in the scene of his Mother and the 3 bears. In a leap that was a surprise considering his bulk, he jumped off the porch, over the unlit camp fire circle and ran to her rescue. He picked her up with no thought to the bears and ran her to the cabin. We watched in amazement. When he plopped her down on the porch she said ' Louis!, I had the situation completely under control...I was walking those bears!" We still laugh about this even though both my Grandma and my father are no longer with us.

0 21
 08-07-2013, 02:46 PM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
I'm in!

My favorite summertime memory was taking my young (at the time) family across the USA, camping from California to Pennsylvania and back. My boys were 4 and 6 and now they are 17 and 19! My wife and I became quite good at making and breaking camp...

0 911
 08-07-2013, 03:52 PM
User Info
Only seems right to share one here...

I have been an Assistant Scoutmaster for nine years in our Boy Scout troop. I became known as the "Summer Camp Scoutmaster" because I went with the boys for the week. The other adults were amazed I could do it and I could only tell them I would never miss it. Those days are gone now but how the adults would howl upon my return and submission of an email recapping the escapades and misadventures of the week.

It is remarkable what will happen to boys at that age, some of it self-inflicted. I could always count on my annual emails including raccoons raiding the tent of the boys who had squirreled away any food rather than putting it in the "bear bag" which was strung between trees. On occasion there were stitches involved, poison ivy, fish hooks, skinned knees, soggy shoes, dry heaves from dehydration, home sickness and on and on.

The best part - as per BSA regs - was as the adult I was there for safety and security. All questions asked of me were redirected to the Senior Patrol Leader. It was a blast working with the boys and encouraging them as they advanced in rank.

6 323
 08-07-2013, 04:36 PM
User Info
My favorite summertime memory is the cruise my mom took me on when I was 7. She was a travel agent and didn't make much money so big vacations were usually out of the question. She must have been ableto get a good deal to be able to take that trip. As an adult, I now have a much better grasp on the sacrifices she maderaising me.

0 54