08-13-2013, 12:22 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
I will be receiving one of these razors from a trade I made soon. Can anyone shed any light on how it might compare to the Cobra classic since the Cobra is the only other SE razor I have used. Also, what is the value of one of these things, 5-10$? Just curious as I might look into giving it to a friend to start wet shaving with.

Edited to add I just saw the wiki on all the Schick injectorsFacepalm

15 970
 08-13-2013, 02:38 PM
User Info
i wouldn't compare the shaves to the Cobra! Nothing alike, in my opinion. Depending on the model and condition of the injector, they can go for $20 or more.
Good luck with the shave, but i don't think you will be replacing your Cobra with one of these, any time soon! Biggrin

75 20,883
 08-13-2013, 03:43 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Celestino is correct, I will not be replacing any of my Schick Injectors with a Cobra anytime soon.

173 23,546
 08-14-2013, 02:48 AM
User Info
Schick is a Schick...Biggrin

0 221
 08-14-2013, 06:26 AM
User Info
Two different worlds. I cut myself worse with a Cobra than any other "safety" razor I've ever used... I can't even really call the Cobra a safety razor in my humble opinion. On the other hand, you almost have to try to cut yourself to get cut with an E2. They give a wonderfully smooth shave... not very aggressive, but capable of giving a good close shave with one WTG pass and one ATG pass. My favorite razor for a quick "I'm late and need to shave fast" shave. I love the E2 and hate the Cobra... just one man's opinion.

11 177
 08-14-2013, 07:41 PM
User Info
The difference is in the blades.

Nothing comes close to a Feather Professional blade. Cobra blades are wider so the E2 will feel much more nimble & agile. However, you will really notice just how different the blade sharpness is. Weight on the E2 is also much less.

Of all the injectors I've used the E2 comes the closest to matching up against the Cobra, but the Cobra & its blades are still the clear winner.

31 7,914
 08-15-2013, 02:01 AM
User Info
(08-14-2013, 06:26 AM)cpool222 Wrote: Two different worlds. I cut myself worse with a Cobra than any other "safety" razor I've ever used... I can't even really call the Cobra a safety razor in my humble opinion. On the other hand, you almost have to try to cut yourself to get cut with an E2. They give a wonderfully smooth shave... not very aggressive, but capable of giving a good close shave with one WTG pass and one ATG pass. My favorite razor for a quick "I'm late and need to shave fast" shave. I love the E2 and hate the Cobra... just one man's opinion.
That is good reveiw, if you want a quick cut/nick free shave the Schick e2 is a good razor.

0 606
 08-16-2013, 06:28 AM
User Info
(08-14-2013, 07:41 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: The difference is in the blades.

Nothing comes close to a Feather Professional blade. Cobra blades are wider so the E2 will feel much more nimble & agile. However, you will really notice just how different the blade sharpness is. Weight on the E2 is also much less.

Of all the injectors I've used the E2 comes the closest to matching up against the Cobra, but the Cobra & its blades are still the clear winner.

I remember reading posts by some guys who used metal snips to trim the Feather blades so they could fit them in their Schick razors, so it might be possible to match an E2 against a Cobra.

3 14
 08-16-2013, 07:38 AM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
I haven't tried a Cobra, but the E2 does give an excellent shave.
However, for me it's by far the most agressive injector I own.
I have cut myself worse with the E2 than any other razor!
With careful use, it's great!

For me, the G models are more like you are describing the E2. They are great for a quick shave and very forgiving.

0 911
 08-16-2013, 03:19 PM
  • Samjax
  • Clearwater, Florida
User Info
The Schick can't compete against the Cobra for one really good reason...the current Schick blades (or clones) are no match for the Feather Artist Club blades. Not only is there a physical size difference, but there is certainly a quality of sharpness/smoothness difference as well.

Heh..after reading the thread one more time...pretty much what SharperSpine said. Smile

In regards to looks alone - you have to take a look at the Schick Type F if you want to "look" like the Cobra. The F doesn't shave that well...but it sure looks nice and well ahead of its time.

29 466
 08-16-2013, 03:23 PM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
(08-16-2013, 06:28 AM)Guy Noir Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 07:41 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: The difference is in the blades.

I remember reading posts by some guys who used metal snips to trim the Feather blades so they could fit them in their Schick razors, so it might be possible to match an E2 against a Cobra.

Yes. I've toyed with the idea of shortening Feather blades, but I haven't tried yet. There are definitley people who do it.

0 911