08-13-2013, 02:36 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
The Puma is a great name from Solingen's razor history. There are newer models of the Puma made, but they are nothing compared to the great Pumas of the past. This razor, a 6/8, has some water marks and that's about all. It is in superb condition, with the original scales, and it closes center. I have honed it to perfection — for me. Perhaps for you, too. This sale is to stock up funds to publish my next novel and book of essays. The price is $265 shipped U.S. Overseas is a wee bit extra. Paypal is fine. Thanks.
[Image: o7UgnNe.jpg]
[Image: O9KLp7N.jpg]
[Image: TrdY5V9.jpg]
[Image: P2tqUDg.jpg]
[Image: ykSMPjc.jpg]
[Image: 1VDAVbN.jpg]

132 2,614
 08-13-2013, 05:30 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Obie, nothing to do with the razor, sorry, but would you mind letting me know what you have written? or at least the genre? I think it's extremely interesting to have an author on our forum. My wife and I are avid readers.

6 2,006
 08-13-2013, 06:31 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Hello Mouser,

I started writing professionally in 1968 as a U.S. Army combat correspondent in Vietnam. So I've had a dual career as writer and radio announcer. I still freelance for magazines and newspapers. My two books are:

Will's Music, a novel, is a gentle and sentimental love story set in the world of radio and dance in San Francisco.

Obie's Opus is a collection of amusing little stories and anecdotes from the world of classical music and the great composers.

You can see the books on my website: obieyadgar.com

Currently I am working on a second novel as well as a book of essays and should have both manuscripts ready by year's end.

Or you can get them on Amazon. The electronic versions are available on The Nook. You should also be able to order the books through Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

Stay well.

132 2,614
 08-13-2013, 08:25 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I have Obie's Opus and it has given me many hours of great reading.

173 23,546
 08-14-2013, 04:31 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(08-13-2013, 08:25 PM)Johnny Wrote: I have Obie's Opus and it has given me many hours of great reading.
Bless your heart for the kind words, Johnny. Obie's Opus was a lot of fun to write. I am glad you enjoy reading it.

132 2,614
 08-14-2013, 04:43 AM
  • Macko
  • Virginia
User Info
+1 on Obie's Opus, great compilation of little known, very interesting facts about some of the great composers. For those looking to buy from Obie, don't hesitate for a second. I bought a straight from Obie, and it was like dealing with Neiman Marcus! First Class individual, pleasure to deal with.

17 544
 08-14-2013, 06:39 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Macko, my friend, good to hear from you. Thank you for the kind words. Stay well.
Obie

132 2,614
 08-15-2013, 02:48 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
That Puma is absolutely stunning Obie. If I hadn't just made some major purchases lately (and if I had unlimited funds) this razor would be on its way to me. Beautiful pictures.

I wish you success with the sale and your writings. In all your posts you always exude a gentlemanly air and nothing but respect for others. This is not always easy to find nowadays. All the best to you sir.

14 870
 08-15-2013, 03:09 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Attila, my friend, how kind you are for the compliment. Thank you.
Ah, yes, the Puma is a stunner, indeed. I would not have sold it, because it is an incredible razor, but as I noted, the money will go toward the Obie Yadgar book publishing fund.
It stays up for the rest of the day. Tomorrow morning I'll return it to the rack, where it will stay permanently. The same with the 5/8 Tiger I have for sale. That is a beautiful little razor. It, too, will go back in the rack tomorrow morning.
Oh well . . .
Take care, Attila,and than you again.
Obie

132 2,614