06-03-2017, 12:28 PM
User Info
Redken Men's Bar. For hair and body. I haven't tried the latest formula but the original that smelled like their shampoo, fantastic.

0 195
 06-03-2017, 02:52 PM
User Info
I make my own.  Plenty of cocoa and mango butter make it nice and hard.  Olive oil is nice, but gets scummy without a soap dish.  I then superfat mine with jojoba and argan oils.  The result is fantastic

0 171
 10-14-2017, 10:38 PM
User Info
(04-25-2017, 12:02 PM)Baylorgator Wrote: Not sure what the problem is with regular shampoo that would make me want to switch.  That's just me.

During a visit to WSP (forum sponsor), I was given a sample of a shampoo bar. It lathered as easily or easier than a pump bottle, the performance was very good, and I didn't miss the conditioner. I think that some buyers like when their products are all-natural like the artisan shampoo bars.

Ultimately though, my hair didn't seem significantly better, especially for the increased price. The little < 1oz sample bar lasted only a week which I would extrapolate to using an $8 bar every month or less. I'll stick to the $8 giant bottles at Sam's Club or Costco. Nothing against the product at all, just a value thing.

6 777
 10-14-2017, 11:01 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
(05-31-2017, 08:55 AM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: Any shampoo (solid or liquid) that uses Sodium Lauryl-sulfate (SLS or derivatives) should be avoided.
Most soaps are alkaline (7+ pH) in nature which causes some minerals to bond with the hair (slightly acidic), so a rinse with diluted apple-cider-vinegar (30/70-50/50) is recommended to dissolve residual salts/minerals and return the hair to a slightly acidic (<7 pH) state.
I've been using Mike's Natural shampoo bars (perpetually out-of-stock) with an apple-cider-vinegar 50/50 rinse for the past year and my hair/scalp has never been better.  I've got crazy-hard-water so I use more vinegar.
Mike's is currently (again) out of stock and I'm on my last bar so I've ordered a load of shampoo bars from Mystic Waters to try out until I can get another order in with Mike's.
As others have pointed out, shampoo bars are highly concentrated so one bar can last for months of daily use.  They're also ideal for travel (not counted as gel/liquid, and no leakage).

After using the Mystic Waters shampoo bars for the past few months and compared with the Mike's I think I prefer the Mystic Waters overall.
The MW shampoo bars just seem to leave my hair just a little softer.  I just wish the bars were bigger.

47 1,935
 10-20-2017, 10:26 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
Anyone have any experience with Dr. Harris or PAA shampoo bars?

8 496
 10-27-2017, 06:18 PM
User Info
I have really hard water, it leaves orange deposits sometimes and I use apple cider vinigar 4 to 1 ratio in 1 cup and put it in a spray bottle and spray away then rinse. I like the control  better. Leaves my hair shiny and soft.

0 6