08-24-2013, 05:13 AM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
My local shave shop, MenEssentials, just received a boatload of Rooney Heritage brushes. Lots of styles to choose from.

I have not added a Rooney to my herd for several years. I have no need for a new brush as I have several older Rooneys, Kents, Vie-Longs, Simpsons, and miscellaneous branded brushes. My goal is to add a newer Rooney to the herd and evaluate their quality and performance. My last one was a shedder.

I bowl or face lather, use soaps and creams, so I am wide open to suggestion. Which Rooney Heritage would you select and why?

0 534
 08-24-2013, 07:33 AM
User Info
Something with a longer handle for bowl lathering. I wouldn't worry about shedding, mine still has every hair it came with!

[Image: Emilllion%202%20Detail.jpg]
[Image: Emillion%20Butterscotch%20Detail.jpg]

1 622
 08-24-2013, 08:14 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Ths one does it all great for me
[Image: Stubby%203%20Detail.jpg]

Get a Rooney Heritage Stubby Large. It's taller than the bigger knot ones so it's better at bowl lathering but still great at face lathering too. I have one and it's the best brush I own.......until Lee sends me my new M&F!

5 2,006
 08-25-2013, 12:40 PM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
I went to the shop and a #2 Beehive in Super Badger called out to me. It seemed an excellent brush to complement two Simpson The Hive brushes I have. The loft seems to be a little short at 45mm with about a 23 mm knot diameter. It performs very much like a TI Desert Ironwood 23 mm knot in Super Badger I have in my rotation.

For what this brush brings to the table, vs cost, it seems to be on par value wise with the competition. The quality of craftsmanship is much better than my most recent Rooney purchase of the past.

Thank you for your suggestions.

0 534
 08-26-2013, 04:28 PM
User Info
(08-25-2013, 12:40 PM)u2u Wrote: I went to the shop and a #2 Beehive in Super Badger called out to me. It seemed an excellent brush to complement two Simpson The Hive brushes I have. The loft seems to be a little short at 45mm with about a 23 mm knot diameter. It performs very much like a TI Desert Ironwood 23 mm knot in Super Badger I have in my rotation.

For what this brush brings to the table, vs cost, it seems to be on par value wise with the competition. The quality of craftsmanship is much better than my most recent Rooney purchase of the past.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Your previous Rooney is the antithesis of the Heritage line.

1 622