08-25-2013, 06:35 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I was informed late last week that Tabac Hair Cream can no longer be imported into the United States. The packaging is made for the European market and the USDA will not allow it (as well as a few other Tabac products) to be imported.

Apparently there is not enough demand in the U.S. for the hair cream or the shave sticks to produce U.S. friendly packaging. I am told that the fly in the ointment is the coloring agent used in these products. Huh

45 16,359
 08-25-2013, 01:01 PM
User Info
More bad news for the Tabac lovers, Phil! Oh, boy!

75 20,883
 08-25-2013, 01:12 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Yes -I believe the import ban also includes the deo sticks and the aftershave balm. Confused

45 16,359
 08-30-2013, 05:58 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(08-25-2013, 06:35 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I was informed late last week that Tabac Hair Cream can no longer be imported into the United States. The packaging is made for the European market and the USDA will not allow it (as well as a few other Tabac products) to be imported.

Apparently there is not enough demand in the U.S. for the hair cream or the shave sticks to produce U.S. friendly packaging. I am told that the fly in the ointment is the coloring agent used in these products. Huh

What coloring agent? The darn stuff is white! It's great hair cream. Another wonderful product shot down. Sad

I wish they'd make the hair cream in an Irisch Moos scent that could be sold in the U.S.A. Biggrin (And, no Phil, I'm not holding my breath on that one ever happening. 24)

2 11,211