08-26-2013, 05:32 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
I would like to bring to everyone's attention a product that flies under the radar though it has been around for years.Glovers Dandruff Soap costs less than three dollars for three ounces,it lathers well(the lather is a light tan) and leaves your hair feeling nice and clean.The scent is a bit odd but not unpleasant which is understandable as the active ingredient is sulphur and it also includes pine tar and other skin goodies although the scent does not hang around after rinsing .Just a word of warning...use a soap dish of the type that allows draining .If the soap stays wet it will stink like rotten eggs.

Glovers can be found in most drug and beauty stores, department stores may have it in the ethnic hair care section.And it DOES work on dandruff in addition to just being a good shampoo bar.

Give it a shot folks,esp if you have dandruff.

0 275
 08-09-2015, 10:01 AM
User Info
I'll try and find some. My only head produces dandruff that LAUGHS @ PYMYTHIRINE ZINC. I ALTERNATE between selenium sulfide and coal tar to fight the dandruff monster. TeaTree oil is a joke.

1 52
 08-17-2015, 05:01 AM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
Good luck.

also try this
1 part witch hazel( 2oz)
2 parts listerine or any other brown type antiseptic mouthwash(4oz)
2 aspirin
a squirt or two of glycerin for moisturising
you could also add a bit of essential oil,i hear grapefruit seed oil is good I think my latest batch has tea tree and clove oil.
shake several times a day  until the aspirin completely dissolves(or leave the aspirin out)
I use this as a hairtonic and the oil gives a little bit of hold.The basic version has a mild medicinal smell that fades after a while.

Some dandruff can be caused by a fungal presence on the scalp.The antiseptic type mouthwash has oils and extracts  that have antifungal,antibacterial,antiviral properties.Listerine listed dandruff control ,insect bites and aftershave as uses for its product...in addition to its original use as a surgical sterilizer.Read the label and make sure it has thymol and eucalyptol at a minimum.
Good luck

0 275
 08-27-2015, 07:14 PM
User Info
Use Nizoral when required and have flakes. Expensive but very effective.

0 76
 08-27-2015, 07:24 PM
User Info
It seems like a good deal. Head and Shoulders doesn't work. In my experience it needs to have sulfur. I use Jasön shampoo but it is more expensive and less durable seeing it is a liquid.

18 713