08-26-2013, 06:24 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Believe me when I say this company was right under my nose. I have been doing maintenance work on their French Quarter building for at least 5 years and until today didn't think about it but I discovered they manufacture Mens' toiletries. I sniffed their entire line and it all smells great. I came away with the Rum Royale. Their version of Bay Rum. I put a squirt on my wrist at 3:30 and went and cut grass. took the kids shopping and it's 9:15 and I still can smell it. Best Bay Rum scent I've ever smelled. I will give it a test run for skin care in the AM and will give a review.

In business since 1843 right in the heart of the French Quarter. It caters to anyone who walks through the door. Really cool place and nice people run it. Mary the owner is a true New Orleans lady. They will even help you design your very own fragrance. Pretty reasonable prices too. I can't believe that as often as I've been there the thought of Mens products never crossed my mind... I do know it's the best smelling building in the entire city...lol

Check out their website:
http://store.neworleansperfume.com/mens-colognes/

5 1,151
 08-26-2013, 06:28 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Thanks Sav ... just what I needed ... more enabling! Biggrin

Looks like this place has quite a variety of products in several scents ...

102 17,668
 08-27-2013, 03:38 AM
  • jshnks
  • Space Coast, FL.
User Info
I kind of like how to make everything, body powder, body soap etc etc.. might have to try them out! I do wish they had a sample size of their Vetivert tho.

5 123
 08-27-2013, 06:18 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
The Website looks nice and inviting. However, they really need to expand on their descriptions.

Maybe you can show them descriptions used on other sites and ask if they will add some more detail.

The prices look reasonable too.

1 819
 08-27-2013, 08:31 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Hello gang. Well I gave the Rum Royale a spin this morning. After my usual prep I shaved with my GEM Featherweight and VDH soap. I cold rinsed and applied witch hazel as is my routine. This is more about the BFP Rum Royale so I'll get straight to it.

The 1st thing you notice is the exquisite thick and natural Bay Rum scent. After the WH dried I applied the Rum Royale and was pleasantly surprised as there was not a lot of burn as with Virgin Island Bay Rum. My face was left feeling nice and the skin care properties are excellent. My face felt fresh all day and even though I was outside in the heat most of the day, the scent lasted well into the afternoon. Not quite the skincare of Kramperts Finest but if you are into longevity this is the AS for you.

The Bourbon French Perfum Co. offers a nice selection of scents and products. And what's cool about it is you walk in and the stuff is formulated right there in house. It's like a laboratory in back and an 1800's perfume shop in front.. I'm wanting to get the Mens Sampler to give a few other scents a try. HAPPY SHAVES !!!

5 1,151
 08-27-2013, 08:38 PM
User Info
Thanks Sav ! This looks like the kind of shop I like to do business with.

I'd really like to try out their Vetiver.

6 1,224
 08-28-2013, 03:01 AM
  • jshnks
  • Space Coast, FL.
User Info
Next time you're in the building you should take some pictures it sounds neat! If i'm ever in the French Quarter i'd stop in to do the custom scent, as that sounds neat as well. Also Nickadermis I've been contemplating on getting the 4oz aftershave in Vetiver, if I do i'll send you a sample!

5 123
 08-28-2013, 04:07 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
(08-28-2013, 03:01 AM)jshnks Wrote: Next time you're in the building you should take some pictures it sounds neat! If i'm ever in the French Quarter i'd stop in to do the custom scent, as that sounds neat as well. Also Nickadermis I've been contemplating on getting the 4oz aftershave in Vetiver, if I do i'll send you a sample!

There are pics on the FB page. Here is the link...
https://www.facebook.com/bourbonfrench.parfums

Hey Gents. Mary has been watching the thread and says she my be able to put up some samples for us. Send her a note on the website and tell her you're from The Shave Nook and she may be able to help....

5 1,151
 08-28-2013, 04:34 PM
User Info
(08-28-2013, 03:01 AM)jshnks Wrote: Next time you're in the building you should take some pictures it sounds neat! If i'm ever in the French Quarter i'd stop in to do the custom scent, as that sounds neat as well. Also Nickadermis I've been contemplating on getting the 4oz aftershave in Vetiver, if I do i'll send you a sample!

(08-28-2013, 04:07 PM)savagejoerude Wrote:

There are pics on the FB page. Here is the link...
https://www.facebook.com/bourbonfrench.parfums

Hey Gents. Mary has been watching the thread and says she my be able to put up some samples for us. Send her a note on the website and tell her you're from The Shave Nook and she may be able to help....
Thanks you both ! I'll check in with her to see about this Biggrin

6 1,224
 08-28-2013, 07:25 PM
  • jshnks
  • Space Coast, FL.
User Info
Thanks savage, I put in an email through the webpage. Thanks for the heads up!

5 123
 08-29-2013, 07:24 AM
  • jshnks
  • Space Coast, FL.
User Info
Got a return email from Lori this morning, and is sending me out a sample of the Vetiver today!

5 123
 08-30-2013, 10:39 AM
User Info
I went ahead and ordered 4 of the travel size colognes. Since the boss must approve !

6 1,224
 09-03-2013, 04:13 PM
User Info
I received my 4 travel sized colognes today . Nice Sav ! The Royal Rum has a rich cinnamon bay scent. If there is any clove it is light enough to not be a problem ( I'm not big on clove) .

The Vetiver is a nice fresh clean type grass or hay. Soft enough that I could were this!

The Eau de Cologne is fresh but not so bright as to be like candy. Different from many sickly sweet EDC's .

The Carre seems like a sweet musk to me. Perfume like in many ways. Not over the top like some but maybe too much for myself.

That's my initial impressions anyway . I'll reserve judgement until I've worn the last three but I've had the RoyalRum on for a couple of hours now and it's still very much there but not slapping people in the face around me . I will definately order more of this one!

I'm hoping the Vetiver is the same and lasts a good while without being a nuisance . Because it is a very fresh Vetiver that I would enjoy!

Looking forward to your take on the Vetiver Jshnks!

Thanks Sav ! Please give Mary my thanks if you see her Smile

6 1,224
 09-03-2013, 05:07 PM
  • jshnks
  • Space Coast, FL.
User Info
I did get my samples in today, but I am going to give it a test run for a few days before making any comments (aside from this one!)

5 123
 09-14-2013, 03:13 AM
  • jshnks
  • Space Coast, FL.
User Info
I have not forgot about the reviews, life has just been hectic this past week or so! I'll get them posted soon!

5 123