04-18-2012, 02:33 AM
User Info
A while back there was a thread about shaving to music. I get up way earlier than the rest of the house hold. So except for the singing of my razor blade I normally shave in silence.

That changes in the spring. I am up just before dawn. I have a natural symphony. The spring peepers are not as loud as last night but they are still out there chirping away. To me they are the ever present strings section. Added to their sound comes the barking call of our resident barred owl. He is like the percussion section. Rarely used but always loud enough to be noticed. As the sky lightens the peepers and the owl quiet down only to be replaced by the wind section. Robins calling back and forth remind me of flutes. A new percussionist joins beating out a staccato rythm - most likely a hairy woodpecker.

Soothing and relaxing it fits my morning shave to a tee.

7 363
 04-18-2012, 02:56 AM
  • Leon
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Very well written.

The only time I had some music during the shaving was on January 1st. The Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra was playing so I turned the TV volume up.

4 313
 04-18-2012, 06:20 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I'm still in the "no distractions, listen to the razor" stage of learning my DE, but the birds in the morning are just fine.

10 1,858
 04-18-2012, 09:38 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Even though I live in the heart of a very large city, I still wake up to the sounds of chirping birds and, yes, it is nature's music. Wonderful! Smile

2 11,211
 04-18-2012, 12:23 PM
User Info
The sounds of birds are nice, and I like the occaisional sound of our wind chime when there is a morning breeze. Otherwise, no music, no radio or TV. The time shaving is my little escape from thinking about the hectic pace of work and travel.

6 230
 04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
User Info
Sounds nice!

By the time I get up I might have the soothing melody of the guinea fowl squawking outside. Of course the roosters are also crowing their supremacy to the world. But I can ignore all of that.

I prefer quiet so that I can concentrate on being one with the razor and the shave. I also like the sound of the razors that I prefer while they work at mowing down the whiskers. It sounds like toast being buttered.

32 6,302
 04-19-2012, 11:43 AM
User Info
i have not tried music yet as i am up too early, so i would wake my son and partner up. Maybe i should try it on the weekends. Would have to go with Bach's Solo Cello suites!

74 20,798
 05-20-2012, 02:25 PM
User Info
I normally shave after work since I start work at 5 am, toooo early to mess with a DE shave lol. Wet shaving is very relaxing to me and I look foward to it but I also love music so before I whip up some lather I always put on a CD or Pandora radio and completely enjoy my shave!

0 143
 05-20-2012, 04:46 PM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
The running water, sound of the brush making lather, the scraping of the blade, and a gentle breeze is music to my ears. If the occasional bird wants to join in, that's fine with me.

Now, if I'm the one cooking breakfast in the morning, get out of my way. I have either Bach or Beethoven playing loudly in the background.

173 23,293
 05-20-2012, 05:42 PM
User Info
usually this song.

Edited by Johnny: Sorry no vulgar language or songs with vulgar titles and language are allowed on this forum.

Forum Rules
Please read the following carefully.

1. Administrator and Moderator decisions are final. Ultimately, the Moderators have complete discretion over what is and is not acceptable on the site.

2. Please do not make posts that are vulgar, obscene, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, and/or otherwise violate any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, posted images, photos and avatars.

3. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and are a basis for an immediate ban

4. Websites/Links that are found to contain Malware will be removed and blocked from the Shave Nook.

5. No "Trolling". Do not post anything that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create pointless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This also includes messages in profiles and signatures.

6. No Spamming. Joining the forum for the sole purpose of advertising your products or website is prohibited. Making posts for the sole purpose of increasing your post count will also be considered spamming.

7. This is a site primarily about shaving. Therefore, all threads (with the exception of Small Talk) have to be primarily about shaving/grooming.

8. Vendors are asked to make all posts that constitute self-advertisement in the Vendor's Section. Members who resell supplies/items for profit will be considered as vendors when posting for this purpose.

9. Multiple Accounts are prohibited; only one account per member.

10. We will not tolerate bad mouthing of other shaving sites. Please refrain from this sort of discussion.

11. Rules are subject to change as the need arises.

- The Shave Nook Administrative Team

4 309