08-28-2013, 02:12 PM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I hope this is OK. If not, please delete it?

Maui Jim's are the best polarized glass sunglasses.........period. IMHO

This is a new, unused pair of Kahuna's (162-62)-My Lasik surgery a while back did not go well.....

Maui Jim's patented multilayered lenses transmit vibrant color and crystal-clear contrast. The lightweight, scratch-resistant SuperThin (ST) glass lenses are 20% thinner than conventional laminated glass lenses. They feature PolarizedPlus 2 lens technology to wipe out glare. Neutral Grey lenses are ideal for offshore fishing/extreme glare. Imported. Lens material: SuperThin Glass.Size: M-L. Available: Gunmetal frame/Neutral Grey lenses.

$195 shipped

Here is a link to the them on Amazon at $279: http://www.amazon.com/Maui-Jim-Kahuna-Gu...sunglasses

[Image: MauiJimKahunaJPG2_zpse90d33b0.jpg]
[Image: MauiJimKahuna162-62_zps665e5598.jpg]

4 2,380
 08-28-2013, 03:32 PM
User Info
I'm curious what happened with your lasik surgery. Also, you should know if you are going back to prescription lenses, that you can have maui jims fitted with prescription lenses.

1 77
 08-28-2013, 03:40 PM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Jason-They were still using the "blade" and made the cut on my flap too thin and had to just put on a patch and say that they tried. I have just put off doing it again. The new procedures are much better. Maybe down the road..........

The Rx version is way too much.

Thanks,

Bob

4 2,380
 08-28-2013, 05:08 PM
User Info
Bummer. I'm getting ICL's put in on the 5th. Not even a candidate for lasik with my poor eyesight.

9 2,988
 08-29-2013, 09:50 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
I do find Maui Jim's to be one of the best Sunglasses out there. Certainly my favorite and I have tried many.

Sorry to hear about your Lasik Surgery not going well. I myself had the PRK type surgery done about 4 years ago since my cornea was too thin to do Lasik. The thing you have to be careful of having it done in the USA is that it is much less regulated. Very, very important to go to a trusted and well recognized surgeon with a good track record. That is important here in Canada as well but the procedure and the surgeons are so highly regulated here and the oversight (no pun intended!) is so extensive that the bad ones get weeded out very quickly. It was one of the best things I have ever done in my life and I still enjoy 20/20 vision after having had a prescription of 7.5 on my right eye and 6.5 on the left! That is/was a very high prescription! Nowadays, if you go to a good eye surgeon they may be able to help you since the procedures have advanced so much farther since a few years ago. They are able to help people they were not able to before.

14 870
 08-29-2013, 10:23 AM
User Info
Right, the sunglasses...

I used to be an Oakley fan due to their lightness, clarity, and fit (extremely hard for me to find a good fit). However, Maui Jims are just as good or better. Plus they are much more stylish and less sporty/douchey.

Back to the eyes, mine are -10.5. Lasik was not a real option.

9 2,988
 08-30-2013, 05:07 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I agree. I lived in the Virgin Islands for five years. My nylon frame Maui Jim's were glued to my head.

[Image: Calypso-BC_zps561be8c1.jpg]

4 2,380
 09-04-2013, 11:16 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Sold-Please Delete

4 2,380
 09-04-2013, 11:18 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA