08-29-2013, 10:41 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
I have what looks like a pre-WWII 1946 Gillette Milord with un-notched center bar. No date code, of course. The gold plating is missing from the TTO knob and gives the razor a two-tone look. The TTO doors also have a bit of plate loss, but every other part of the razor looks very good. TTO mechanism is functioning perfectly. I have a weakness for Gillette TTOs as machines, but really do not enjoy shaving with them. I have had a good number of Super Speeds, including English Red Tip Super Speed (not rocket, which is rare) and I tried shimming them, which helps and I can usually get a good shave from a TTO Gillette, but something about the way it shaves just doesn't do it for me. So I divested myself of the Gillette TTOs, but this number really caught my eye (it's pretty!) and I bought it hoping to like the way it shaves. Alas, I did not. I had one shave with it and again, I shimmed it and got a great shave, but something about the feel I can not describe, bothered me and so I am offering it up because it's a great razor and deserves to be used.

I am asking $35 $30 $25 including shipping and PayPal fees in CONUS. Please let me know by PM if this is not reasonable.

Now the portraits of the razor:

[Image: EnXaVB3.jpg]

[Image: rue5dnA.jpg]

[Image: mmKuBmU.jpg]

[Image: HEH66zT.jpg]

[Image: sID3cvY.jpg]

[Image: OoosaWO.jpg]

[Image: lzn8B3j.jpg]

[Image: ZObvLvs.jpg]

25 1,705
 09-03-2013, 01:53 PM
  • vferdman