08-31-2013, 08:17 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
First, thank you to Freddy for loaning me his Schick Injector (fitted with a Schick Injector Blade made in China) Cheers

[Image: 1iAvobA.jpg]

[Image: AyZHo8U.jpg]

Yesterday (Friday 30th August 2013) I experienced my first ever shave with a razor which takes a single edge blade (experimenting to see if a Huntlee razor might be in my future).

Weight wise the Schick Injector reminds me very much of my NOS Vintage Bakelite Slant DE Razor (Made in Germany) ie It's very light, therefore requires a light, delicate touch -- don't want to be gripping the handle too tightly, which could easily lead to the blade being dragged across the skin with too much pressure. As is one of the golden rules with traditional wetshaving, just let the blade do the heavy lighting...

Finding the correct shave angle was a breeze, felt very intuitive. Audible feedback is excellent, I'm guessing the rigid blade (compared to thin, flexing DE blades) is solely responsible for this.

After my *standard* 2 pass shave, I was left with a DFS, with zero nicks, no weepers or any kind of razor burn. All-in-all very nice.

I look forward to another 4 to 6 shaves with the Schick Injector before returning it to Freddy.

[Image: NGCSKB3.jpg]

[Image: 6dnYZdy.jpg]

23 1,872
 08-31-2013, 08:25 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Excellent review Mike and beautiful pictures. The Schick injectors are wonderful.

100 12,440
 08-31-2013, 11:32 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Wonderful 'mini-review' and photos too, Mike! Smile

I should probably trial one of these injector razors in anticipation of HuntLee ... I'm set with Katana but am contemplating SSI also.

BTW ... don't worry ... my wife calls me 'froot loop' as well as a few other things, whenever I start meandering around the house with my camera gear and shaving stuff! Biggrin

102 17,665
 08-31-2013, 11:58 AM
User Info
Great review, Mike,

I'm a big fan of the Schick SE razors, especially the E-G type. They're efficient, intuitive, and shave like lightning. I wish blades were easier to come by, though.

37 1,731
 08-31-2013, 01:28 PM
User Info
Mike, congratulations on the successful shaves with the injector!
i only wish i could use them as well! Biggrin

75 20,883
 08-31-2013, 01:40 PM
User Info
Great photos, I have a few Schick injectors that I use. Enjoy them. My new challenge is find the EverySharp-Schick razors. The( -)ated ones. Read that they correspond to my birth year 1948. Have 2 in their original boxes coming to me from eBay. We'll see what research comes up with!(:-).

5 410
 08-31-2013, 01:41 PM
User Info
(08-31-2013, 08:17 AM)mikeperry Wrote: First, thank you to Freddy for loaning me his Schick Injector (fitted with a Schick Injector Blade made in China) Cheers

[Image: 1iAvobA.jpg]

[Image: AyZHo8U.jpg]

Yesterday (Friday 30th August 2013) I experienced my first ever shave with a razor which takes a single edge blade (experimenting to see if a Huntlee razor might be in my future).

Weight wise the Schick Injector reminds me very much of my NOS Vintage Bakelite Slant DE Razor (Made in Germany) ie It's very light, therefore requires a light, delicate touch -- don't want to be gripping the handle too tightly, which could easily lead to the blade being dragged across the skin with too much pressure. As is one of the golden rules with traditional wetshaving, just let the blade do the heavy lighting...

Finding the correct shave angle was a breeze, felt very intuitive. Audible feedback is excellent, I'm guessing the rigid blade (compared to thin, flexing DE blades) is solely responsible for this.

After my *standard* 2 pass shave, I was left with a DFS, with zero nicks, no weepers or any kind of razor burn. All-in-all very nice.

I look forward to another 4 to 6 shaves with the Schick Injector before returning it to Freddy.

[Image: NGCSKB3.jpg]

[Image: 6dnYZdy.jpg]

Nice review and pictures!

1 2,827
 08-31-2013, 04:43 PM
User Info
Congrats in experiencing a great shaver. The "hydromagic" is my favorite if the injector razors. They do shave well and are fairly easy to get used to.

63 2,128
 09-01-2013, 06:13 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Was there really any doubt.Smile Great pictures Mike, the old Schick never looked so good.

173 23,508
 09-01-2013, 05:53 PM
User Info
You are a vet SE shaver now.Biggrin

0 606
 09-02-2013, 08:57 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Gents, thank you for the kind words Cheers

Johnny, there was in my mind, but four shaves in, I'm now a believer and will keep a close eye on the Selling & Trading forum for a suitable *vintage* Schick Injector razor to pick up...

23 1,872
 09-02-2013, 09:15 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(09-01-2013, 06:13 AM)Johnny Wrote: Was there really any doubt.Smile Great pictures Mike, the old Schick never looked so good.

Mike, I am delighted to have made another convert to this wonderful little razor and Johnny is right, your beautiful garden has my user grade Schick looking its absolute best. Biggrin (The beauty of your photos has simply become an assumption around here at TSN. Winky )

Gents, a question for you. Does anyone know definitively what model my Schick Injector is? I always thought it was an "E" but when Mike asked to give it a trial run I looked at our Schick Wiki here and never quite found an exact match. Every time I thought I had there were differences, some very slight but differences nonetheless. Now I'm not sure if it's an "E" or a "G" or something in between. Any help would be much appreciated.

By the way, I also have an I-2 Hydro-Magic. While I love the ease of rinsing/cleaning this model I find it too mild for me to use on a regular basis. I do enjoy having it in my collection, however.

2 11,211
 09-02-2013, 10:14 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Freddy, it looks to me like a G1.

173 23,508
 09-02-2013, 10:26 AM
  • freddy
User Info
(09-02-2013, 10:14 AM)Johnny Wrote: Freddy, it looks to me like a G1.

Thanks, Johnny. I purchased it from eBay a couple of years ago so there wasn't much in the way of information about it. It does offer up some amazing shaves and I cannot believe the difference between it and the I-2 Hydro-Magic as to how they shave and the final results of those shaves.

EDIT: Johnny, after looking at the Schick Wiki again, I'm not so sure it is a G1. According to the Wiki, the G1 did not have flaps whereas mine does and the E model in the photos seems to also. Secondly, I believe (though I'm not 100% sure) mine was a pure Schick model rather than an Eversharp-Schick as in the Wiki G1 photos.

2 11,211
 09-02-2013, 10:42 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
There is quite a bit of difference between those two. My favorite is the I1, same as the I2 but without the Hydromatic feature. Both are much milder than the G1 and especially the E2.

173 23,508
 09-02-2013, 04:21 PM
User Info
Freddy, I'm pretty certain that's a G-Type. The E-Type came with bakelite handles only, if my memory serves (I could be wrong). That one has a plastic handle.

37 1,731
 09-02-2013, 04:51 PM
  • freddy
User Info
(09-02-2013, 04:21 PM)yohannrjm Wrote: Freddy, I'm pretty certain that's a G-Type. The E-Type came with bakelite handles only, if my memory serves (I could be wrong). That one has a plastic handle.

Thanks, Yohann. I guess it must be as both Johnny and you agree. In any case, it gives a phenomenal shave, in my opinion.

2 11,211
 09-02-2013, 07:48 PM
User Info
Mike, Since you're on the slippery slope and liking it... when I get my pass around EverReady 1905 Lather Catcher back in my hands would you like to give it a try? I'd gauge it at mid aggressive and it has wonderful audio. It's not pretty with it's spray on gun finish, but it functions fine. I could also throw into the loan a GEM Flying Wing (aka Bullet Tip). It gives a great shave but is milder than the LC.

PM me if you want to do this. I have no idea when the LC will return. Not sooner than 2 weeks I should think.

32 6,309
 09-03-2013, 12:55 AM
User Info
This is a very nice guide from B&B:
Schick Injector Type E vs Type G mini identification guide
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread....tion-guide

0 221
 09-03-2013, 10:10 AM
User Info
As a kid 50 years ago I hated Schick but jump forwards and --Had to get , got one , an E-2 with box. Popped in a Chick and like you, I was hooked! Got a G waiting on a I-2. They are so easy to use as you noted. Here's a link to a Group in Japan that are Injector fans, The Schick Anxiety Group". They're still sanely priced on the bay(outside of collector pieces, and they always seem to pop up in JunqTique shops. Enjoy!
Japan Schick Injectors

0 205