02-28-2012, 06:47 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Although this cream was (apparently it's discontinued) marketed for France and Belgium, it was manufactured in Holland, and let me say this - it is excellent.

Ease of lathering: 10/10--A dab on both cheeks, wet your brush, and WHAMMM, a mountain of lather.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Always holds up great for multi-pass shaves.

General skincare: 9/10--Very, very cooling, moisturizing and soothing.

Scent: 9/10--I love it. It's elegant, classy and traditional all at the same time, and also minty.

Price: 6/10--I bought it from a vendor who closed his webstore. Not cheap, but worth the price.

Would I buy again: 10/10--My goodness, yes. If I could find it again, I'd grab it. It's so good.

It's unfortunate that so many good creams and soaps have been discontinued to put more and more canned foam and gel brands on the market. This stuff is a real treasure, and the tube I'm using now is 3/4 finished, but I still have 1 more unstarted tube that I'll be keeping for myself. It really is a great cream.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,562
 02-28-2012, 09:28 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Jeff, this is another, like the French Gillette that you also reviewed, where I have the non-mentholated version. I purchased it in Amsterdam a few years ago and there, of course, it was very reasonably priced. The non-menthol version is also excellent. Thanks for the review. bn

2 11,211
 02-29-2012, 04:26 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
freddy Wrote:Jeff, this is another, like the French Gillette that you also reviewed, where I have the non-mentholated version. I purchased it in Amsterdam a few years ago and there, of course, it was very reasonably priced. The non-menthol version is also excellent. Thanks for the review. bn

My pleasure Freddy. I also have the non-mentholated version here, and it is indeed a good cream. I'm just so into menthol that I have been neglecting it, but sooner or later I'll revisit it again. ; }

3 2,562