09-03-2013, 12:51 AM
User Info
[Image: a.JPG]

[Image: b.JPG]

[Image: d.JPG]

[Image: h.JPG]

That brush was rested long time in my shelf
I had tried the cream from that brand,nothing special,basically i think was an imitation
With Pure Bristle knots i haven't got the best relationship and i was a little sceptical before the test begins.
The handle is like the Omega Boar Brushes
The knot washed with soap,joined with white vinegar solution,again in soap,dried and the test began.

I apply face lathering and in purpose not bowl lathering

The brush loaded with soap and the swirling started

Result: I don't like that brush at all !
Not only the handle is lightweight but also the knot absorbs lather but not give him back
Is only for painting movements that i don't like, and despite the good loading had not enough lather for the 2nd and the 3rd pass.
That brush falls behind the Badgers even from my Boars
It's in the same level as some cheap no name brush that i had before two decades.

My fears verified,this brush has nothing good to show
The 5 euro Omega Boar brush is far better than that
So Men-U for me is out and this brush is a " shipwreck ."

[Image: ring.gif]

Some photos more here:

http://ksyrisma-shaving.blogspot.gr/2011...ushes.html

Thanks for watching.

0 353
 09-03-2013, 07:22 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
For the fine Nookers that would like to read the link provided:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl...ushes.html

9 734
 09-03-2013, 07:36 PM
User Info
Thanks for the review. I appreciate folks taking the time to save others money and frustration.

1 77
 09-04-2013, 12:34 AM
User Info
Thank you Jason.
Smile

@ grantmm
In the blog you can see some photos that would help in some situations as restorations
They are step by step and not complicated
That's why i put the link,i know that my english here are not good but that can not change.

0 353
 09-04-2013, 08:12 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
Doryferon, I meant no harm and i apologize of I came across in that manner. I initially used the translate page myself to learn a little more. Once I saw the wealth of information that was in there on top of just the men-u brush I wanted to give everybody a quick and easy way to read the site. Thank you for sharing it with those of us who would not have normally come across it :-)

9 734
 09-05-2013, 11:29 AM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Thanks for the review, but I don't agree with it at all. I really like my Men-u Pure Bristle brush. Sure, upon first use it was scritcthy as hell, but everyone that has ever used a boar brush knows that you can't base your likes or dislikes on the first use.

They need a break-in period to fully appreciate. I used mine consistently for around 2 weeks before I started to see it shine... I use mine regularly and quite like it. I face lather, and go to my face directly from the puck...adding water drops periodically until the lather is full and billowy. I know the lather is ready if I can no longer feel the tips of the bristles on my face...then I paint it on and make my first pass. I usually get enough lather for 4 or even more passes with this method.

It definitely is not a Shipwreck in my eyes, but as usual, YMMV!

68 1,416
 09-05-2013, 12:31 PM
User Info
(09-05-2013, 11:29 AM)Crag Wrote: Sure, upon first use it was scritcthy as hell, but everyone that has ever used a boar brush knows that you can't base your likes or dislikes on the first use.

They need a break-in period to fully appreciate.

The brush was not new,has been used sometimes
I had the same problem with an TGN knot (24mm boar),has soaking water and soap much more compared to others knot but when was time to give back lather nothing happened
Again and again the same phenomenon so it's in my bench for re-knoting.
For me a pure bristle is not good as a blond boar,i have seen that in Omega and VP brushes
I am a Badger fan but yes i must admit that i love some of my boars.

Quote:It definitely is not a Shipwreck in my eyes, but as usual, YMMV!

Each person had different skin and experience
Many opinions and reviews only "good" can do in a forum.

Smile

0 353