09-12-2013, 07:13 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Well my friends on the 27th of this month I will mark 1 year as a member of The Shave Nook. My wet shave journey has been an awesome experience. I've made quite a few new friends from all across the globe. I have been shown the finer things in shaving from a group of some of the finest gentleman I've ever met. I've been gifted many wonderful products that I certainly couldn't afford. This site has been VERY VERY GOOD TO ME..... As such I am going to give back. I have a decent E-3 Gillette Fat Boy that I would like to see go to someone who will give it some love. As most of you know I've become a L.O.S.E.R.. And this iconic razor is no longer in my rotation and I don't see it ever getting back in....

[Image: 2j0mbrd.jpg]

The Rules:
1. I'm going to open this up worldwide.....I've never shipped anything past the CONUS but I will pay to send it on it's way. Any additional tariffs, import taxes, etc., will be on the winner if they happen to be outside CONUS...
2. Must have at least 30 posts here on The Shave Nook.
3. Tell us why you started Wet Shaving. Along with the obligatory "I'm in"...
That's all it takes to get you in the competition...

[Image: 2zqwq4g.jpg]

I started Wet Shaving more for the nostalgia factor. Soon after I found this sight and realized just how much I enjoy shaving like my dad and Grandfather did. I have bought/ been PIF'ed at least 30+ razors. I've sold 2 and PIF'ed a bunch to where I'm down to 12. Only 1 of these was a brand new razor. I've tried DE's, SE's and straights. I've settled on SE's. Since I've been wet shaving I've grown to love my time as a serious whisker whacker. It relaxes, soothes, and makes me feel like a bad ass...lol My skin looks better than ever. My wife likes it. That's enough for me. I'll never ever go back to a cart or canned cream thanks to the guidance and friendships I've formed here at The Shave Nook... Thanks Friends....

[Image: 2mmfes4.jpg]

I will draw a random draw on the 27th of September.. As soon as I do I will post the winner.....

5 1,151
 09-12-2013, 07:21 PM
User Info
Well done, Sav, and happy anniversary. Not in, my friend.

47 1,270
 09-12-2013, 07:29 PM
User Info
Same here. Not in, but congrats on your 1 year!

A fine PIF BTW.

Good luck to the everyone who participates.

32 6,301
 09-12-2013, 07:58 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Sav, great PIF my friend! I am not in but good luck to everyone who enters Biggrin

88 4,233
 09-12-2013, 08:40 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Great PIF SAV! Congrats on the one-year anniversary.

45 15,955
 09-12-2013, 09:02 PM
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I'm in! Ahhh, Wet shaving has become my #1 year round hobby. Forget Tennis, Golf, Driving, Skiing et cetera. I started this journey because it naturally intrigued me once I saw some razors & brushes in downtown Manhattan one day after having a straight shave and cut. Looking back My Father taught me to shave with a Sensor excel and prior to his death, we used to laugh about the Mach 3 when it was brand new to market, and he told me a short story of his days DE shaving, and how he wished he hadn't lost his way! Quick side note; My Father was a photo re-toucher & artist whom always used what he called "carbon Blue blades" to make precise razor cuts in photo's & artworks, he would even break/snap the blades into smaller pieces to create even tinier little razors that he placed on the end of a pen-like devise used for the most detailed cuts...he told me that these blades had been discontinued(I think by Gillette) but because they were the only blades he liked/trusted/used for decades, he sent a letter to the manufacturers headquarters (in what must have been the late 80's very early 90's) explaining his dilemma. He told me about a month later he received a box w/note that contained a supply of these blades given to him free - hundreds, if not over a thousand packs...and interestingly enough lasted him till about six months prior to his death in 2003Angel...Sorry to go off topic, but seeing these DE blades when I was a child was my only other experience and memory until seeing products in person where my story began in downtown Manhattan. At the time I questioned the clerk about razors, blades and brushes...he likened DE shaving to riding a fixed gear bike vs. a multi gear bike. My cousin who was with me at the time told me "don't bother", he had been gifted a brush and a Merkur razor and claimed after attempting a few shaves he wanted nothing to do with it! Well curiosity got the best of me and after about a month of research I managed to come up with a pure badger brush, and a Muhle R89G(this was a big deal/purchase compared to what I was previously used to)...Well, no shave has been the same since. The learning curve wasn't nearly as tough as some made it out to be... here I am today with a few great razors(All Current production,no classics), a beautiful collection of brushes, enough blades to last a couple lifetimes and finally some great pre/post shave products including soaps and creams from around the worldThumbup. I have learned more about shaving than I knew possible, mostly thanks to this forum and the Gentleman Sav speaks of...I'm excited every time I shave picking and choosing through the infinite combo's of products I've thankfully accumulated!!! Thanks Sav for creating the opportunity for me to revisit some very fond memories ;-)

4 789
 09-13-2013, 05:34 AM
User Info
I'm in, I've always wanted a fat boy but lose out everytime on the bay. I started wet shaving originally to save money on the blades, and now I'm hooked! Plus the wife and kids got me a starter pack from AOS.

Oh and Congrats on the Anniversary SAV

0 751
 09-13-2013, 05:55 AM
  • dcc
  • Polsilver Vendor
  • EU
User Info
Great PIF Thumbup

31 424
 09-13-2013, 06:24 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I'm in-great PIF Started to save $-stayed to enjoy shaving-bonus of new friends!

4 2,326
 09-13-2013, 06:36 AM
User Info
I'm in. Awesome pif! I started wetshaving with a no-name brush and a Merkur 34c about 10 years ago to save money. I was previously trying to use a cart for about three weeks at a time and had some serious facial issues due to it. I did a lot of shopping around as is my norm and decided to try a DE. I had never heard of it before and made my own way for about nine years. Believe it or not, I actually did save money. Then I found a couple of online shaving sites. Since then I have done the opposite of saving money. I wouldn't change it though. I enjoy my new shaving options and am not as broke as I was 10 years ago.

Most of my stuff is new. I've never tried a vintage adjustable. Thanks for the opportunity!

1 77
 09-13-2013, 06:55 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Not In.

Congrats on your Anniversary.

And thank you for your Great PIF.

I am glad that you have gotten more out of wet shaving than just a shave.

1 819
 09-13-2013, 07:33 AM
  • goaman
  • Lisbon, Portugal
User Info
I'm in!
I started to save some money about one month ago, and fell in love with it. Never has my face been smoother!

Thank you for this great PIF Sir!!

2 152
 09-13-2013, 07:53 AM
User Info
Awesome PIF! I'm not in.

15 762
 09-13-2013, 08:04 AM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
A little more about the razor. It was a rescue I bought from a guy at work. It was his Dad's razor and hadn't been used in 30 years. It was in a box in his attic. Being an E-3 (1959 3rd quarter) it was 9 months older than me. THAT alone intrigued me on this razor. It was the 2nd razor I owned.

When I got it, it was in pretty bad shape. I cleaned it as per Shave Nook info. It cleaned right up and to me it was the most beautiful machine I had ever seen. I used it many times. It was one of my top 3 DE's for quite a while until I became a L.O.S.E.R.. I found it worked best for me set on #6. I tried a "magic 9" shave once trying to emulate my buddy Shadows Dad. Tore my stupid self up...lol That was my last shave with this legendary razor. I will probably use it one more time on #6 just for old times sake before he goes off to his new owner.

Sorry about the pics. Sav's WWI trench phone doesn't take the best photo's. The razor has a few flea bites on the handle but the TTO and the adjustment function work very well. All the numbers are still in great shape and the head is in good overall condition with just a touch of brassing. I think this razor would be a good candidate for a re-plate. As it is, if properly cared for I'm sure it would last another 50 or so years.

5 1,151
 09-13-2013, 10:21 AM
User Info
Congratulations on your anniversary and the PIF. Biggrin
I am NOT in.

74 20,795
 09-13-2013, 07:59 PM
  • RedRocks
  • Four-Corners, USA
User Info
Awesome PIF!!! Not in, but you are the BEST Sav!

18 271
 09-14-2013, 05:15 AM
User Info
I'm In! I started wet shaving to save money. Disposable razors and cartridges are too expensive and I read that DE shaving resulted in a better shave, so it was a no brainer for me to make the transition.
I was smitten when I saw a package of 10 Wilkinson Sword DE blades for $1.76 at the local grocery store, I bought them and I didn't even own a DE razor to put them in! From that point on the rest is history.

Thank you for the outstanding PIF

0 74
 09-14-2013, 07:36 AM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
SAV, congratulations on the anniversary, you were a breath of fresh air when you joined (and you still are Wink). We thank you for your support and for this great PIF.

I'm not in but someone is going to be lucky to own this razor.

173 23,291
 09-14-2013, 08:36 AM
User Info
Congratulations on your anniversary! Great PIF. Not in because I have one but I'm sure someone will be very to receive this iconic razor.

106 347
 09-15-2013, 10:30 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(09-14-2013, 07:36 AM)Johnny Wrote: SAV, congratulations on the anniversary, you were a breath of fresh air when you joined (and you still are Wink). We thank you for your support and for this great PIF.

I'm not in but someone is going to be lucky to own this razor.

Signs011 Sav, I am not in but just wanted to iterate what Johnny said about you being a breath of fresh air. I always look forward to your posts. Congratulations on your one year anniversary and thank you for an incredible PIF.

2 11,211