09-22-2013, 08:28 AM
User Info
Well, the Premier League Season is well and truly under way this year. There have been many changes - No Sir Alex, the 'Special One' is back, Wenger actually paid for someone, and Swansea!! Biggrin

Post your thoughts on the week's games here. I know fans can be, well, fanatic in their support of their teams, but let's all try and keep the ribbing to a minimum here. We're all gentlemen; let's not forget that.

------------------------------

I'm an Arsenal fan, and have been for a long while. I'm not one of the people who called for Wenger's head at any point, being willing to admit that his toenail shavings know more about football than I do, but it was a little disconcerting to see all the movement in the transfer season before the real season started and not see Arsenal take part. Ozil was nice pick-up, but I wish they'd shored up the backs too.

Anyway, the season has started out well for Arsenal. They're at the top of the table, after all the pundits had written them off after the Aston Villa game. They may not stay there, but as long as the games are competitive, I'll be happy. Silverware would be nice, but I won't let the absence of any take away from my enjoyment of the beautiful game.

[Image: 1096419-17406465-640-360.jpg]

37 1,731
 09-22-2013, 10:27 AM
User Info
I'm a Man U fan because of Schmeichel.

I hoped Man U would buy Ronaldo with the help of Nike, but not so Undecided

Can't see why Man U then did not get Eriksen or Ozil Sleepy

22 5,043
 09-22-2013, 12:16 PM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
Southampton supporter here, but only to the family; secretly I support the Gunners

5 758
 09-22-2013, 12:27 PM
User Info
Yohann, you guys may have made one of the best buys for Arsenal in its history with Ozil. Personally, even though he is still quite young, he is one of the most creative, talented and influential players I have ever seen. I am baffled why Madrid let him go, but am very pleased that this happened as it will re-energize Arsenal, the Premier League and Ozil, himself. Now, if you guys could just get a proper goaltender and some backs, you guys could be contenders! Biggrin

75 20,883
 09-22-2013, 12:29 PM
  • Fab
  • New York, NY
User Info
Huge Chelsea fan here. To the point of making the trip from the US to Stanford Bridge at least a couple times a year to enjoy a game. I'm not huge fan of "The Special One", I believe less drama works best. Anyway, let's see where this goes, as so far I have not seen a set style of play from Chelsea.
Go Blues!

10 486
 09-28-2013, 11:36 AM
User Info
Oy! What's going on at ManU? I've seen Moyes enough to know that he's a better manager than this. Maybe his style doesn't fit with the fragile egos at United. Dodgy

Anyway, another good win for my Gunners. Hope they don't get complacent. And of course, it's a long season.

37 1,731
 09-29-2013, 06:40 AM
  • Fab
  • New York, NY
User Info
You may be right Yohann. ManU needs a tough manager that can deal with all the egos and dramas of those players. I;m not sure Moyes is the guy. Maybe he needs more time? I guess we will see soon.
Almost everything went right this weekend after Chelsea's draw, except for Arsenal's win opening the gap further.Tongue

10 486
 09-29-2013, 10:57 AM
User Info
Fab-

Moyes may not get the time. I cannot see ManU's board allowing them to get behind much more than they already have. My money is on seeing O'Neill at ManU before long. He's the only guy available at the moment.

Hey, see what the Gunner's fans do every time Arsenal loses a game - they all start clamouring for Wenger's head. ManU's board doesn't yet have the commitment to Moyes that Arsenal's board has to Wenger. Also, the Premier League is not known for giving people time.....not anymore. Just look at Chelsea, if you need an example.

37 1,731
 09-30-2013, 04:02 PM
  • Fab
  • New York, NY
User Info
Very true Yohann. Moyes may be running out of time already. It is just that ManU was so stable, that it is difficult to imagine changing manager so soon.
We are used to it at Chelsea, but that is a different story Smile
Maybe they will call Sir Alex from retirement for the rescue!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

10 486