09-22-2013, 03:16 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Does anyone have an iPhone 5S? I am on the Sprint network here in San Diego, U.S.A. and have had a Samsung Transform for almost three years and the battery is dying. I have always wanted an iPhone as I am Mac-centric. I am not interested in another Android phone as I should like to integrate my iMac and iPad with my phone.

While I realize that no phone is perfect, I'd be interested in hearing the pluses and minuses of this particular model, particularly on the Sprint network. Thanks for any help that you may be able to offer.

2 11,211
 09-22-2013, 04:51 PM
User Info
No 5s, but love my Iphone 5. I'm on Verizon, great coverage, call quality,Sprint should be comparable.

47 1,112
 09-22-2013, 05:48 PM
User Info
Good luck to you, Freddy. I can't help you as I have never had a cell-phone. Blush

75 20,883
 09-22-2013, 05:50 PM
User Info
I have Telia, own a white Iphone 5 64GB and have a pending order for an iPhone 5S in golden white in 64 GB.

(09-22-2013, 05:48 PM)celestino Wrote: Good luck to you, Freddy. I can't help you as I have never had a cell-phone. Blush

No mobile phone Huh
Ever A47

22 5,044
 09-22-2013, 06:01 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(09-22-2013, 05:48 PM)celestino Wrote: Good luck to you, Freddy. I can't help you as I have never had a cell-phone. Blush

I am actually jealous Celestino. That sounds wonderful!!!

45 16,293
 09-22-2013, 07:05 PM
User Info
(09-22-2013, 05:50 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I have Telia, own a white Iphone 5 64GB and have a pending order for an iPhone 5S in golden white in 64 GB.

No mobile phone Huh
Ever A47

* Claus that is correct, I have never owned a cell-phone and I don't see it happening in the future unless I get a job that requires one, but I highly doubt it. My thirteen-year-old son will get one before I do! Blush

(09-22-2013, 06:01 PM)bullgoose Wrote:

I am actually jealous Celestino. That sounds wonderful!!!

* Phil, I have no idea how folks do it! I only make calls when I need to and receive them when someone puts the energy and time into calling me. Biggrin

75 20,883
 09-22-2013, 07:21 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Freddy ... I've had the iPhone 5 (with AT&T) for one year now and am very pleased with it overall ... my understanding is that the 5s offers modest improvements, but is essentially the same phone as the 5 overall. If you're familiar with Apple products i.e. the iMac and iPad, then the iPhone 5 will be a seamless transition for you. The competitors offer larger screens for their phones ... but that's what the iPad's for, right?!

Celestino ... I cannot imagine my daily routine without a pager and cellphone! The one way in which I might be different from most Americans ... my home has only one TV set ... in the main room of the house ... that's it! Biggrin

102 17,664
 09-22-2013, 07:34 PM
  • Pudu
User Info
I got my first mobile phone a year ago - you cannot live in Delhi without a mobile.

The iphone is great for some things, however I preferred life without being constantly connected.

0 33
 09-22-2013, 07:37 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Freddy, it's too new for pluses and minuses, I am sure whoever has it loves it and whoever has the previous model wants to upgrade. If you never had an iPhone I am sure you'll be happy Wink
Celestino, I am shocked! But like Phil, I am jealous, this must be a great life Biggrin

88 4,233
 09-22-2013, 08:04 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(09-22-2013, 07:21 PM)Agravic Wrote: Freddy ... I've had the iPhone 5 (with AT&T) for one year now and am very pleased with it overall ... my understanding is that the 5s offers modest improvements, but is essentially the same phone as the 5 overall. If you're familiar with Apple products i.e. the iMac and iPad, then the iPhone 5 will be a seamless transition for you. The competitors offer larger screens for their phones ... but that's what the iPad's for, right?!

Celestino ... I cannot imagine my daily routine without a pager and cellphone! The one way in which I might be different from most Americans ... my home has only one TV set ... in the main room of the house ... that's it! Biggrin

Ravi, I have always had just one TV and it has always been in the living room. I do not want one in my bedroom. As for cell phones, mine is shut off at night, is not used in my car though I have one of those bluetoothy things built into the dashboard, and I still prefer my land line phone. I know, I know, I am living in the past. Rolleyes

Thanks for all of the input gentlemen. I may try getting to the Apple Store tomorrow to play with one even though they most likely will not have any for sale.

2 11,211
 09-23-2013, 07:09 AM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
I have been a Sprint customer for 12 years more out of disinterest and ignorance of other plans and providers. Sprint call quality is good, bill paying is easy , customer support is fine and you can buy an Apple phone inexpensively from them provided you sign up for the 2 year plan. In a year you will be given a $150 credit for a new phone upgrade. They don't play in delivering a phone either, you'll get it in 2 days.

15 541