09-23-2013, 04:58 PM
User Info
Hello Gents,

I recently acquired an awesome aluminum tech. I like it very much, it's very light and I plan on using it as my travel razor. I travel a lot for my work, so it works out great.

I've had three shaves with it so far, my shaves are getting better. I've found that I have to really be careful of my angles in order to get close comfortable shaves. One problem area that i'm finding is my neck, specifically, from my chin down to the base of my adam's apple.

Whats happening is that I can't seem to get a close enough shave in that area in a 3 pass shave. I have to go over it several times to get a close shave - but I can still feel prickles when I apply after shave balm. I figure I must lose the perfect angle when I shave this area and I nick myself a lot while trying to find that perfect BBS shave, not to mention all the irritation I'm left with.

What tricks do you guys use to shave these tough areas?

18 631
 09-23-2013, 06:37 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Sometime a more "aggressive" razor will shave those areas better because you don,t need hardly any pressure...A Merkur Progress set on 2 or 2 1/2 or 3...or even (I know this is blaspheny) but a Mach 3 or Fusion will do an excellent job. Used this way a cartridge will last a long time so don,t worry about it...many shavers use 2 different razors just like you would use differnt tools while working on a project....try it and see for your self.Also the hair may grow in a different direction so possibly shave up,across or even down.

6 1,902
 09-23-2013, 08:39 PM
User Info
You may just need a bit more practice with the Aluminum Tech. Give it a few months of use to see if it improves. When you get some more experience, you can always try blade-buffing in your trouble spots to see if that aids in any way.
If all else fails, you may want to try a more "aggressive" razor to see if that resolves the issue.
However, don't necessarily go for BBS all over your neck and face as it may not always be possible. I for one can never get a BBS shave, everywhere as my dark, coarse and mutli-directional growth prevents me from doing so. I am very content with a DFS! Biggrin

74 20,791