Poll: Which do you prefer to lather your soap or cream in?
 04-20-2012, 11:11 AM
#1
User Info
Mug
Bowl
Other e.g. The sink

0 128
Reply
 04-20-2012, 11:12 AM
#2
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Scuttle and mug. And sometimes just face lather.

173 23,546
Reply
 04-20-2012, 11:13 AM
#3
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Bowl (which is a scuttle in my case)

10 1,858
Reply
 04-20-2012, 11:34 AM
#4
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Face lather 95% of the times.The rest 5% on a scuttle.

86 7,123
Reply
 04-20-2012, 01:09 PM
#5
User Info
Majority of the time bowl and the remainder face.

29 1,731
Reply
 04-20-2012, 01:27 PM
#6
  • Harvey
  • Senior Member
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Bowl due to shallower height and wider rim..works perfect..and if left in sink to heat acts like a modified shuttle

6 1,913
Reply
 04-20-2012, 01:50 PM
#7
User Info
Face...it's the best "mug" you will find

2 697
Reply
 04-20-2012, 02:32 PM
#8
User Info
Creams = face lather. Soaps = the soap container itself. After building the lather I keep the brush and lather warm in a Becker brush scuttle.

6 230
Reply
 04-20-2012, 02:39 PM
#9
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I have a bowl that holds my soap and lather in the bowl.

7 1,018
Reply
 04-20-2012, 02:55 PM
#10
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I prefer scuttles keeping my lather warm.

100 12,447
Reply
 04-20-2012, 03:09 PM
#11
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
I bowl lather currently.

1 3,507
Reply
 04-20-2012, 05:53 PM
#12
User Info
i presume the "face" is an option, correct?
Face = 100%

75 20,883
Reply
 04-20-2012, 06:54 PM
#13
User Info
If I had the time it would be scuttle every day. Most days it's face lather with soap or stick-it's just faster, works well, and I like it.

1 55
Reply
 04-20-2012, 09:57 PM
#14
  • tgutc
  • Senior Member
  • Michigan
User Info
I voted for face lather as this is all I've done for my first three years of wet shaving. However, I'm thinking that's about to change once my Dirty Bird Scuttle arrives.

45 3,955
Reply
 04-20-2012, 10:34 PM
#15
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
My big face.....Rolleyes

35 2,703
Reply
 04-21-2012, 03:34 AM
#16
  • Striky
  • Senior Member
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
Bowl for me.

However, is there any reason for not using a bowl when to lather a soap? I've seen in many videos people using their palm when lathering a soap.

7 858
Reply
 04-21-2012, 06:47 AM
#17
User Info
Way back when I started shaving I would just load up the brush on top of the soap in my one mug and then go to facelathering. I've tried various lather bowls since then and have found that facelathering just works best for me. Plus I have less clutter on my small bathroom countertop.

Clayton

6 617
Reply
 04-21-2012, 09:40 AM
#18
  • Striky
  • Senior Member
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
I started a new thread to this question.

Lather your soap in a bowl?

Feel free to continue my discussion there Smile Sorry if I hijacked you're thread Jon.

7 858
Reply
 04-21-2012, 09:51 AM
#19
  • Obie
  • Senior Member
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

I prefer my Schwarzwisskeramik scuttle for the bigger brushes and the modified Ayars/Bonnyman lather bowl for the smaller brushes. Using the lather bowl, however, is in conjunction with the small Moss scuttle — the lather is transferred into the Moss scuttle, where I also tuck away my lathery brush to keep things warm.

Occasionally I face lather, especially with my Simpson Chubby, and the Rooney Heritage, which has to be the densest brush on earth. Now and then I also face lather with the Semogue 830 boar brush and a couple other ones.

I also face lather when traveling, using a Simpson travel brush and a soap stick. I wet my face, draw a few lines on it in various directions with the soap stick and then face lather with a moist brush — gently shaken three times. After that life is all smiles.

132 2,614
Reply
 04-22-2012, 05:07 PM
#20
  • wlmcad
  • Senior Member
  • Memphis, TN
User Info
Other *Specify - Bowl

0 539
Reply
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)