09-26-2013, 10:17 PM
User Info
I recently had a client come to India from Rwanda for business development purposes. During one of the numerous business luncheons, I stumbled upon the beloved subject of wet shaving.

Upon my asking he blushingly accepted using Veet on his face! Shok He informed me that he had been doing do so since more than 2 decades. Just incase you guys are wondering he is 53 years old. He revealed that he switched to hair removal creams cause he use to experience a lot of irritation with shaving. Then he went on describing how he had, apparently, perfected the technique of "Face Veeting" to achieve results better than a DFS, if not BBS, without a hint of irritation.

It took me a minute or two to actually process and digest the information. It was alarming and shocking altogether. Actually I personally used Veet to remove Chest hair and it gave me chemical burns on some occasions. I can never even imagine bringing it close to my face. I said to myself all types make the world.

I thought this anecdote was something that I could share with my fellow nookers!Biggrin

7 128
 09-26-2013, 10:23 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Better him than me. Thanks for sharing.

173 23,546
 09-26-2013, 11:18 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
(09-26-2013, 10:17 PM)Badger Wrote: I recently had a client come to India from Rwanda for business development purposes. During one of the numerous business luncheons, I stumbled upon the beloved subject of wet shaving.

Upon my asking he blushingly accepted using Veet on his face! Shok He informed me that he had been doing do so since more than 2 decades. Just incase you guys are wondering he is 53 years old. He revealed that he switched to hair removal creams cause he use to experience a lot of irritation with shaving. Then he went on describing how he had, apparently, perfected the technique of "Face Veeting" to achieve results better than a DFS, if not BBS, without a hint of irritation.

It took me a minute or two to actually process and digest the information. It was alarming and shocking altogether. Actually I personally used Veet to remove Chest hair and it gave me chemical burns on some occasions. I can never even imagine bringing it close to my face. I said to myself all types make the world.

I thought this anecdote was something that I could share with my fellow nookers!Biggrin

Actually not so unusual , some African American men use hair removal products to shave with as well. We are susceptible to very unsightly skin irritation. So to avoid that some use hair removal products. Here in the states the product most in use has a very distinct smell which is how you can tell someone has used it.

Our beards are coarse and seem to need very sharp blades to cut which maybe why cartridges seem to make a bad problem worse.

It might have been a good idea to suggest wet shaving to your guest its MUCH better for us than carts or hair removal products.

15 541
 09-26-2013, 11:36 PM
User Info
Each to his own I guess - and as long as he's happy with the result, who are we to judge? One thing I noticed while I was in South Sudan was the marked difference in facial hair growth between different tribes in my area; some sported bushy beards that could do double duty as a wire brush, some couldn't even get a five o'clock shadow if they wanted it... all of them nice people too.

Me? I'm perfectly happy with my cantankerous, curly and somewhat coarse beard - now that I discovered traditional wetshaving - as well as my hairy back and chest Wink

3 3,580
 09-27-2013, 07:58 AM
User Info
Wow! I had never even contemplated that before reading this and that it could be done! As long as he is enjoying his shaves. Smile

75 20,883
 09-27-2013, 08:07 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
(09-27-2013, 07:58 AM)celestino Wrote: Wow! I had never even contemplated that before reading this and that it could be done! As long as he is enjoying his shaves. Smile

It's not really shaving, Celestino! Tongue

25 4,640
 09-27-2013, 12:10 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
It's kind of like bobbing for apples in a deep fryer.

57 917
 09-27-2013, 12:41 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(09-27-2013, 12:10 PM)Barrylu Wrote: It's kind of like bobbing for apples in a deep fryer.

Scared

102 17,670
 09-27-2013, 03:56 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
http://www.softsheen-carson.com/_us/_en/...g%20powder

Magic shave powder is the product used by some African American men, its been used for decades. The Cream seems a new product but above is a link to the website .

15 541
 09-27-2013, 08:13 PM
User Info
Ah! So that's what that's for! I've seen it and wondered.

32 6,309
 09-27-2013, 10:24 PM
User Info
Thanks for the link. Now it makes sense. Cheers!

(09-27-2013, 03:56 PM)Hanzo Wrote: http://www.softsheen-carson.com/_us/_en/...g%20powder

Magic shave powder is the product used by some African American men, its been used for decades. The Cream seems a new product but above is a link to the website .

7 128
 09-28-2013, 04:54 AM
User Info
(09-27-2013, 03:56 PM)Hanzo Wrote: http://www.softsheen-carson.com/_us/_en/...g%20powder

Do anyone know whats in that powder / cream? I'm naturally a little scared of anything that claims to 'remove' my beard for up to four days while at the same time stressing that it shouldn't be left on for more than seven minutes...

3 3,580
 09-28-2013, 10:31 AM
User Info
When I was in basic training, we had to shave everyday. The blacks that were in my platoon suffered greatly. Most of them said that they had never used carts before and used clippers. However, clippers were not allowed; so they had to use a razor and shaving gel or foam.

I felt sorry for those guys. I thought my shaves were bad from the occasional razor bump or ingrown hair, but these guys' faces were in some cases completely covered. They went on shaving profiles a lot.

2 396
 09-28-2013, 11:10 PM
User Info
He must have very resiliant skin. Wow.

63 2,128