09-27-2013, 09:28 AM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
Time to start clearing up some clutter and getting rid of some things that never get any use, I'm turning into a pack rat.

Measurements are approximate and taken from online retailer specs. (I can get actual measurements later if needed)
Prices include Continental US shipping and paypal fees (If you're in/around Albany NY, I'm happy to do a local pickup, price reduction will depend on how far I have to drive)
Shipping/price discounts if you like more than one, pm me with offers or to discuss

Edwin Jagger Best Black Badger Shaving Brush, Imitation Tortoise Shell (181p23)
Retail Price: $36.00
Asking Price: $30.00 $27.00 $25.00 - final price drop

Total Height: 108mm
Handle Height: 54mm
Loft: 54mm
Knot Diameter: 19mm
Hair: Best Black Badger

My cell phone pics don't show the colors in the handle very well. click here to see a better stock photo
I bought this a while back based on looks, before I really understood what the specs meant. This brush bowl lathers very well, but I prefer the feel of a shorter loft and a larger diameter knot once I get to the face.
Also, the handle is a hollow plastic. This works well for getting those color variations to pop, but I prefer a more solid, heavier handle. If I had ended up keeping this one, I would've personally considered drilling out the bottom of the handle and filling with a clear epoxy to give it a more solid feel.
If you prefer a lighter handle and long, soft bristles, this is definitely worth a try.
Bought new, test lathered twice, used twice. Includes original box, paper wrap and mini pamphlet on care/use.
[Image: EJ-boxes.jpg]
[Image: EJ-181_1.jpg]
[Image: EJ-181_2.jpg]
[Image: EJ-181_3b.jpg]

Edwin Jagger Super Badger Shaving Brush - Faux Ebony in Size Medium (1EJ256sds) - Traded
Retail Price: $77.00
Asking Price: $60.00

Total Height: 96mm
Handle Height: 45mm
Loft: 51mm
Knot Diameter: 22mm
Hair: Super Badger

Solid resin faux ebony handle. Black acrylic brush stand included (still has the paper covering the double sided sticky pad on the back if you want to wall mount it). Includes original box, paper wrap and mini pamphlet on care/use.

I got this one in trade back in February, previous owner said it was used 5 or six times, I used it twice.
It was similar in specs to others I already had, but I took the trade to see if I'd like their "Super badger" better than their "Black Badger"....and I did, a lot.
In my opinion this was a much nicer brush of the two, it just fits with the feel of what I like. Lathers well, firmer backbone, shorter loft, thicker knot, solid handle with a profile I found quite comfortable to hold.
It's a good performer and I'd be just as happy to keep and use it...but it's been sitting in a box as a 'backup', untouched for 6 months, so it's up for grabs
[Image: EJ-256_1.jpg]
[Image: EJ-256_2.jpg]
[Image: EJ-256_3.jpg]

Omega 652 - 'Purist Badger' - Sold
Retail Price: $39.00
Asking Price: $25.00 $22.00

Total Height: 106mm
Handle Height: 51mm
Loft: 55mm
Knot Diameter: 23mm
Hair: Pure Badger (black)

Another good bowl latherer, just a bit floppy for my taste. I think I just don't like black badger.
Center:
[Image: Omegas.jpg]
Again, bad lighting and cell phone...stock photo with better lighting here

10 411
 09-28-2013, 04:56 AM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
Saturday morning bump to say, I forgot to mention the prices are 'or best offer', I posted while at work and didn't have a ton of time to research current prices....if you think I'm off base on something just make an offer Wink

10 411
 09-30-2013, 11:49 AM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
Bump
Trade offers might work too Biggrin

-just ran out of my W.M. Nuemann's 1911 soap, definitely need to replace that
-other brushes maybe (i know, it goes agaunst the idea of clearing out the clutter, but you know how it is lol)
-straights, ready to use or in need of restoration, we can work out the details of values

or whatever you've got, I'm open to random new things, worst I can say is no Wink

10 411
 10-01-2013, 04:29 PM
User Info
What are you asking for that little omega with the white handle?
Thanks
Ejaggerman

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

0 761
 10-01-2013, 05:11 PM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
(10-01-2013, 04:29 PM)EJaggerMan Wrote: What are you asking for that little omega with the white handle?
Thanks
Ejaggerman

Sorry, that one isn't for sale, it's just the only pic I had of the other brush.
That said, it's the Omega 11047 mixed badger and boar, it's a super brush, despite it's small size. I bought it for a travel brush, but end up reaching for it regularly Biggrin
There's a review thread here. I bought mine from West Coast Shaving....at $13 for a new one, it's hardly worth going used (but it's definitely worth owning!)

10 411
 10-03-2013, 07:01 AM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
Haven't heard back on the offer for the Omega 652, so that one's available again.

Reduced prices on the Omega 652 and the EJ in faux tortoise.
I'm pretty firm on the price of the EJ in ebony for now...it started with a decent discount, and as you can see from the pics, both the EJ brushes are barely broken in yet.

p.s.
Can anyone tell me how to edit the title the way other people do to advertise price reductions? I tried changing the title on the first post, but that didn't seem to work.

10 411
 10-04-2013, 06:15 AM
User Info
(10-01-2013, 05:11 PM)Kavik79 Wrote:
(10-01-2013, 04:29 PM)EJaggerMan Wrote: What are you asking for that little omega with the white handle?
Thanks
Ejaggerman

Sorry, that one isn't for sale, it's just the only pic I had of the other brush.
That said, it's the Omega 11047 mixed badger and boar, it's a super brush, despite it's small size. I bought it for a travel brush, but end up reaching for it regularly Biggrin
There's a review thread here. I bought mine from West Coast Shaving....at $13 for a new one, it's hardly worth going used (but it's definitely worth owning!)

Thanks for the tip!

0 761
 10-05-2013, 08:10 PM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
(10-04-2013, 06:15 AM)EJaggerMan Wrote: Thanks for the tip!
No problem, hope you enjoy it when you get it Biggrin

...............Bump...............

10 411
 10-08-2013, 02:47 PM
User Info
Is the EJ Medium Silvertip still available? If so, would you be open for a trade for a vintage Rooney Heritage brush?

4 952
 10-09-2013, 09:22 PM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
Ebony EJ is pending trade, other two still available
Prices out of line? Or just no interest, I wonder?

10 411
 10-13-2013, 10:01 AM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
EJ Ebony still on hold, most likely gone
Omega is gone

EJ in imitation tortoise still available

10 411
 10-15-2013, 11:43 AM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
EJ Ebony officially traded

imitation tortoise remains available

10 411
 10-21-2013, 01:29 AM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
last try: $25 shipped on the remaining EJ in faux tortoise, last price drop

trades entertained for soaps, aftershaves, Feather Super Pro blades, whatever else you've got.

10 411