09-30-2013, 12:41 AM
User Info
So, in an impulse I decided to take advantage of some serious good prices on ebay and bought a big box of Super Max Blue Diamond blades.

Indian blades, from swedish steel it says, and with a Titanium coating. They come in a simple yet neat carton box.

The seller did promise fast dispatch - and they arrived extremely well packed and lightning fast indeed.

I like my Super-Max Super Platinum blades a lot as I think they are great value for money.

As a search on the Nook did not return any results, I was curious to learn what people think of these blades?

0 641
 09-30-2013, 01:02 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I've never heard of them but I would be interested in hearing how you like them.

45 3,955
 09-30-2013, 01:19 AM
User Info
I've tried the Supemax Blue Diamond in the past and like them a lot. Not my absolute favourite (that place goes for Silver Blues and Perma-Sharp), but they deliver a good shave.
I also find them extremely sharp, nearly as sharp as Feathers.

2 5,527
 09-30-2013, 01:22 AM
User Info
(09-30-2013, 01:19 AM)oversaturn Wrote: I've tried the Supemax Blue Diamond in the past and like them a lot. Not my absolute favourite (that place goes for Silver Blues and Perma-Sharp), but they deliver a good shave.
I also find them extremely sharp, nearly as sharp as Feathers.

Now that is excellent news!

I am actually very happy to hear that, as Feather is my to go blade and also the all time favorite.

Smile

0 641
 09-30-2013, 05:35 AM
User Info
I've only tried them in my 38M. While I got a close shave with very little irritation, they tugged like crazy. Almost unusable for me.

0 836
 10-06-2013, 08:16 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I like Super Max S.titanium blades mostly because they have no wax or glue that usually bugs me until its cleaned off...I haven't tried the Blue diamonds you mention here, but my main reason for posting is to question the whole YMMV theory...no matter what razor I use, the S.Max S.Titanium blades pull at my beard, especially ATG...How do some people feel they are as sharp as a Feather?!?!?! They aren't bad blades by any means, but i would describe them as being surprisingly burn free for a blade that tugs and doesn't initially feel sharp or smooth...again that YMMV thing gets me every timeHuh

4 792
 10-08-2013, 02:56 PM
  • vpayne
  • Missouri
User Info
I checked my notes from previous testing and they were good, but unremarkable.
FWIW.

32 362
 10-09-2013, 02:01 AM
User Info
(10-06-2013, 08:16 PM)LORDBISHOP Wrote: [...] the S.Max S.Titanium blades pull at my beard, especially ATG...How do some people feel they are as sharp as a Feather?!?!?! They aren't bad blades by any means, but i would describe them as being surprisingly burn free for a blade that tugs and doesn't initially feel sharp or smooth...again that YMMV thing gets me every timeHuh

The Supermax Super Titanium are different from the Supermax Blue Diamond.
I found the Blue Diamond to be sharper, and the Titanium significantly smoother and "tamed down".

I considered both blades to be good - not amongst my absolute top favourites, but I like to use them once in a while.

As always... YMMV

2 5,527
 10-09-2013, 03:32 AM
User Info
It really is a bit confusing, the differences between the titanium, the platinum and the blue diamond blades.

A quick search around the boards did not help much Huh Huh

My Blue Diamonds are decent razor blades.
Quite sharp, and I do not experience tug noticeably in my Mergress.
And they have lasted for the past week, which is good.

0 641
 01-08-2014, 07:31 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I'm trying to figure out the Supermax lineup, and this doesn't really help:

http://www.supermaxworld.com/country/nor...nless.html

Andrew

43 1,690
 01-09-2014, 09:29 AM
User Info
You are not alone in your difficulty of grasping the complexities of Supermax' s lines of razor blades.

Probably the same marketing philosophy as with the Muhle razors :big grin:

Meanwhile, these Blue Diamonds slipped in the rotation without problems. I use them as any other regular blade I use (Personna, Astra and Feather) and find them to work well.

[Image: supermax-blue-diamond-double-edge-razor-blades.jpg]

Big value for money, at least.

0 641
 01-09-2014, 04:48 PM
User Info
I have tried them also, these are very good blades.
Super-Max blue diamond isn't appeared on their DE blades line up.

0 162
 04-19-2014, 12:28 PM
User Info
The Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum was one of Indias finest blades,now discontinued.The genuine article has a metallic hologram on the box,the cheaper blades get a photo of that hologram...

0 9
 04-19-2014, 02:25 PM
User Info
Didn't know they were discontinued... That's a pity. They were fine blades. Sad

However, there are plenty of other good blades to use and enjoy.

2 5,527
 05-06-2014, 10:09 AM
User Info
(01-09-2014, 09:29 AM)wimbouman Wrote: You are not alone in your difficulty of grasping the complexities of Supermax' s lines of razor blades.

Probably the same marketing philosophy as with the Muhle razors :big grin:

Meanwhile, these Blue Diamonds slipped in the rotation without problems. I use them as any other regular blade I use (Personna, Astra and Feather) and find them to work well.

[Image: supermax-blue-diamond-double-edge-razor-blades.jpg]

Big value for money, at least.

I got a box of these and they work great for me. Pretty inexpensive in bulk too.

2 71
 05-08-2014, 02:44 PM
User Info
Erm, sorry but I hated 'em. Re-christened them 'Blue Deaths'! Dodgy

1 253
 05-13-2014, 09:51 AM
User Info
(05-08-2014, 02:44 PM)Gairdner Wrote: Erm, sorry but I hated 'em. Re-christened them 'Blue Deaths'! Dodgy

My Good one.

2 71
 05-24-2014, 05:54 AM
  • Woodeks
  • Space coast, Florida
User Info
I've always been a super max platinum fan. They last me a long time (5-7 days) and still stay sharp. I'll have to look into the blues.

10 104