10-02-2013, 07:24 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

Mann & Federlein was one of the legendary Solingen straight razor manufacturers. The hallmark of its production line was the Mannos Sahara. The one pictured here is a 6/8 full hollow round point with the original scales.

The razor is in superb condition, except for the missing decal on the handle. It had partly peeled off, so I removed it completely. Also, there are a few water marks on the blade, which is a given around my house, since Satan swims in my water.

The razor took a glorious edge from the start. It's a fabulous shaver with a stereophonic audio feedback, and it is shave ready. I would not have sold it, but the money needs to go toward the Obie Yadgar book publishing fund.

The razor is rare. You, therefore, not only will have a magnificent shaver and a handsome razor, but also a collector's item.

The price is $150 shipped U.S. Overseas is extra. Paypal is fine. No e-checks or trades, please. Thanks.
[Image: p9530Yo.jpg]
[Image: 8RjI3vZ.jpg]
[Image: EsWCnUS.jpg]
[Image: aCL2GW0.jpg]
[Image: G3YD0l2.jpg]

151 3,090
 10-05-2013, 03:14 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Beautiful razor Obie.. GLWTS.

The thumb notch and tapererd shank as it nears the stabilizer are both almost erotic.

33 914
 10-05-2013, 03:54 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(10-05-2013, 03:14 PM)MikekiM Wrote: Beautiful razor Obie.. GLWTS.

The thumb notch and tapererd shank as it nears the stabilizer are both almost erotic.
Hello Mike,
Yes, it's a gorgeous razor in every way. It is also a glorious shaver.

151 3,090
 10-05-2013, 10:46 PM
  • P Funk
  • I can only carry 50 chickens at a time
  • Bay Area, NorCal
User Info
Stunning razor!

The notch and shank look like a beefed up version of the Heljestrand MKs. It looks like it would be very comfortable. The blade's finish looks very clean.
And what a great price for a unique 6/8 Solingen in great shape!

Members need not bother trying to find a better deal on the bay or elsewhere.

Best of luck with the sale

19 591
 10-06-2013, 03:59 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(10-05-2013, 10:46 PM)P Funk Wrote: Stunning razor!

The notch and shank look like a beefed up version of the Heljestrand MKs. It looks like it would be very comfortable. The blade's finish looks very clean.
And what a great price for a unique 6/8 Solingen in great shape!

Members need not bother trying to find a better deal on the bay or elsewhere.

Best of luck with the sale
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, the razor is remarkable.
Stay well.

151 3,090
 10-06-2013, 04:28 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
For that matter, members need not bother trying to find a better gentleman to deal with. I've been quite fortunate to have numerous opportunities to work with Obie; each exchange was met with warm personable communication and descriptions that are spot. Your transaction will be smooth.. remarkable..

Obie, if this were a square point I would be all over it.. GLWS.

33 914
 10-06-2013, 04:39 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Hello Mike,
You're kind, my friend. Thank you. Yes, I know your love of the square point. This one, however, is an incredible shaver. It is also about as hollow as you're going to get, producing almost a symphonic sound of buttering toast.
I have gone back and forth on whether to keep the razor or let it go — the tab goes toward my book publishing fund. It will withdrawn tonight and I'll keep it.
Stay well.

151 3,090