10-07-2013, 07:57 PM
User Info
Finding the right shampoo can be tricky, even more so when I try to avoid the stuff where the list of ingredients sounds like an accident in a chemical factory... For several years I've been using the shampoo from BodyShop but recently I ordered a shampoo bar from Mike's, based on the overall positive reviews here at my favourite shave forum.

After the first week of use I'm quite satisfied - it's easy to use, although different than the liquid shampoo I'm used to, and my hair is clean. The scent is... well, lets say it took me a couple of days to get used to it, but now I find that I rather like it. I suspect it's the combination of tea-tree oil and peppermint that caused me to pause at first. using the bar is simplicity itself - I just wet my hair, rub the bar over my scalp once, put the bar down, and then proceed as with regular shampoo.

As with everything else, shampoos is a case of YMMV - but with my dryish scalp and short hair I find that Mike's shampoo bar do a good job with no mess and no dryness. I'm happy I also picked up one of the travel bars to go in my GoBag.

3 3,437
 10-07-2013, 08:01 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Thanks for the descriptive review, Hans.
I've switched over completely to shampoo bars in the last 6 months ... no more liquid shampoos with multiple ingredients that do indeed sound like 'an accident in a chemical factory'!

102 17,572
 10-07-2013, 08:19 PM
User Info
Great news, Hans! Biggrin

74 20,783
 10-08-2013, 04:52 AM
  • jfmii
  • Pittsburgh PA
User Info
I have been using Mike's shampoo bar for about a year. Regular shampoo was giving me a itchy scalp and causing red bumps/ pimples all over my scalp. After trying several different types of liquid shampoo and shampoo bars, I found Mike's shampoo bar to be the best at eliminating my scalp problems. Whats left of my hair and my scalp especially feel great!

19 414