10-16-2013, 07:35 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
October is shaping up to be a really bad time this year.I detailed the passing of my old friend on October 1 in another thread.

Last Thursday on October 10 my mother in law passed on unexpectedly.She had suffered a stroke about 3 months ago and had a pacemaker put in about a month ago.She was in a rehab center getting therapy for the after effects of the stroke and was doing well.She experienced cardiac arrest a little past 8pm and passed away.

Many joke about b
ad relationships with their mother in law,but me and her got along well.I was the son she never had.On my second date with my wife I was taken to meet "ma",Who admonished her daughter to get me a cell phone so I would be safe while hunting.A woman of sound judgement I think.

Ma ended up moving in with us years ago and I did not mind one bit.She was active and in good health until her stroke.
She was 73 years old, I hope I have as good of a run as her.

I have spent the days since then taking care of my wife,taking turns breaking down with the wife,getting the house ready for relatives etc.

My birthday was on the 11th but I was not really in the mood for anything.

God, I hope the month gets better.

0 274
 10-16-2013, 07:50 PM
  • ojinsa
  • San Antonio
User Info
Wow, you're right, it has been a tough month for you. I'm sorry for your losses. Thankfully you have many good memories of your loved ones which will help smooth the rough times a bit, but won't extinguish your wish to have them back with you. Only time will help with that which ties into the universal truth that everything changes over time, including sorrow. So, grieve your losses, remember the good times you shared together, and take comfort in the fact that the hurt you feel today will pass.

27 860
 10-16-2013, 08:03 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family during this time.

14 1,177
 10-16-2013, 08:08 PM
User Info
My goodness! You have been experiencing quite the ordeals!
Happy Belated Birthday and I wish you much strength, peace and love, my friend! I hope you try to keep smiling and remembering that there are still so many beautiful things in life. Smile

74 20,804
 10-18-2013, 07:14 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
My thoughts are with your wife and you during this difficult time.

2 11,211