10-18-2013, 03:59 PM
User Info
I would like to know the weight of the iKon H2O razor and/or the weight of the H2O, SK9, or S3S cap. I came across this thread (http://shavenook.com/thread-ikon-razors-...hich-model) and looked online but couldn't find my answer. I also sent an email to iKon but haven't received a reply yet. Thanks!

106 348
 10-19-2013, 10:50 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Unless you are an engineer what possible difference would the weight of the various parts of the razor make in your shaving experience...none of them are heavy enough to cause any lifting problems and it comes down to the blade exposure and general feel of the razor...handle length and blade gap...weight has no effect other than possibly the first few seconds of shaving....Huh

6 1,913
 10-19-2013, 10:53 AM
User Info
I am trying to determine if I have an iKon SK9 or a H2O. From what I have read they look identical with the SK9 head made of stainless steel and the H2O head made of aluminum. If I had the weight of the stainless cap (SK9 or S3S) or the aluminum cap (H2O) then I could determine what razor it is.

106 348
 10-19-2013, 02:35 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Aaah...the top cap is stainless on all of them...the bottom piece is either stainless or aluminium...I have the SK9 (it is aluminum)...the other difference is the handle shape on the SK2...the Modern was made of both and in anodized colors....so really for your question take a magnet and check the metal or note the color difference of the Aluminum bottom plate.(Ikon will probably never return your e-mail on these type of questions)

6 1,913
 10-19-2013, 03:28 PM
User Info
I've had both. Still have the sk9.

The h2o has an Alu base plate and cap. Both should match in terms of finish. The Alu is extremely light.

The sk9 has a Alu base with a SS top cap. The finish matches the handle and is very shiny.

Overall, I much prefer the SK9. One of my favourite ikon's of all time.

7 1,179
 10-19-2013, 09:45 PM
User Info
Good info from the NookersCool

0 606