01-29-2017, 03:24 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
I found a bar of SheaMoisture at a TJ Maxx. Argan oil and Shea Butter. It's quite nice. Has eliminated the need for a lotion on my dry skin areas.

57 1,561
 01-30-2017, 12:41 PM
  • tuxy
User Info
Currently - Bulgarian rose and Aroma glycerine soaps as well as Krispa pure glycerin soap.

1 18
 01-30-2017, 12:46 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I'm trying AOS Sandalwood for the firs time this week, and it's terrific. I just finished a gigantic bar from MdC, which was also very nice. My go-to soaps, remain Mike's and Mystic Water, but I also enjoy trying others.

38 5,026
 01-30-2017, 07:28 PM
User Info
We like Mystic Water bath soaps.  We just finished our last bar of MW, so we need to re-stock.  At the moment, we have the following soaps:

[Image: Z6YunER.jpg]  

Left to right:
- Saponifico Varesino Honey & Grain
- Cold River Soap Works Savon de Bastille
- La Savonniere du Moulin Donkey Milk
- Mike's Natural Soaps Lily of the Valley
- Mitchell's Wool Fat

47 5,691
 01-31-2017, 08:12 AM
User Info
All the shaving soaps that wont lather like it should 24

2 315
 02-02-2017, 12:23 AM
  • djtak
  • Beaucaire,Gard,France
User Info
The bath soaps I use are all natural :
-Marseille's soap from "Le fer à cheval"
-Real cade oil soap made by an artisan soapmaker from the southwest of France.Very smoky scent.I love it.

0 71
 02-21-2017, 01:45 PM
User Info
I make my own.  No palm, essential oils, or junk.

0 134
 03-05-2017, 11:07 PM
User Info
 05-13-2017, 06:37 AM
  • Quando
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
I was using Velerio, but, that bar lasts less than a week.  Before that was Mrs. Meyer's clean day soap, in Basil, but, that bar was less than fully white, in colour.  Before that, I used Claus Porto Rozan Soap, but, there was contact irritation, from the amount of essential/fragrance oil used.  

I feel lied to, actually, that I am unable to find a suitable bar soap.  I have only three requirements:

--One bar must last one week
--No irritation 
--White in Colour

That I am unable to find this, is ridiculous to me.  I am stuck using Ivory body wash.  This, after trying all the DR Harris, Velerio, Valboa (or, some such), etc. etc.

1 560
 05-13-2017, 07:15 AM
User Info
(05-13-2017, 06:37 AM)Quando Wrote: I was using Velerio, but, that bar lasts less than a week.  Before that was Mrs. Meyer's clean day soap, in Basil, but, that bar was less than fully white, in colour.  Before that, I used Claus Porto Rozan Soap, but, there was contact irritation, from the amount of essential/fragrance oil used.  

I feel lied to, actually, that I am unable to find a suitable bar soap.  I have only three requirements:

--No irritation 
--White in Colour

That I am unable to find this, is ridiculous to me.  I am stuck using Ivory body wash.  This, after trying all the DR Harris, Velerio, Valboa (or, some such), etc. etc.

Why the requirement that the bar be white?

How about the basic Ivory bars?

47 5,691
 05-14-2017, 12:36 AM
  • Quando
User Info
(05-13-2017, 07:15 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:
(05-13-2017, 06:37 AM)Quando Wrote: I was using Velerio, but, that bar lasts less than a week.  Before that was Mrs. Meyer's clean day soap, in Basil, but, that bar was less than fully white, in colour.  Before that, I used Claus Porto Rozan Soap, but, there was contact irritation, from the amount of essential/fragrance oil used.  

--No irritation 
--White in Colour

Why the requirement that the bar be white?

How about the basic Ivory bars?

I was using Ivory bars, until a skin irritation developed.  This is the case, with tallow bars. Sad 

So, no tallow should be a requirement.  Although, that would fall under not causing irritation. 

The bar must be white, in colour, in order to match the rest of the products, and, for philosophical purposes.

1 560
 05-15-2017, 06:31 PM
User Info
Quando, you are making your search more difficult by limiting yourself to white soaps.  If you can be flexible on the color, I have a suggestion.  Kiss My Face sells a soap, made in Greece, which is 86% olive oil.  It only has three ingredients - olive oil, water and sea salt.  It has no fragrance or coloring, and is very reasonably priced.  It does, however, have a natural olive color.  If you can't find a local retailer on their website, it's available on Amazon.  If you pm me your address, I'll send you a bar to try. 

[Image: yTxWgEy.jpg]

[Image: HI1qikH.jpg]

47 5,691
 05-17-2017, 02:27 AM
  • Quando
User Info
(05-15-2017, 06:31 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Quando, you are making your search more difficult by limiting yourself to white soaps.  If you can be flexible on the color, I have a suggestion.  Kiss My Face sells a soap, made in Greece, which is 86% olive oil.  It only has three ingredients - olive oil, water and sea salt.  It has no fragrance or coloring, and is very reasonably priced.  It does, however, have a natural olive color.  If you can't find a local retailer on their website, it's available on Amazon.  If you pm me your address, I'll send you a bar to try. 

[Image: yTxWgEy.jpg]

[Image: HI1qikH.jpg]

I have used this soap, thank you.  
I think I am going to keep the requirement about the colour, though.  I feel like I am on a quest.

1 560
 06-01-2017, 07:46 PM
User Info
I just started using Stirling Soap's Barbershop scented soap. Sharp Dressed Man is on deck waiting to be used.

0 43
 06-04-2017, 04:37 PM
  • Quando
User Info
I, finally, switched back to bars, I was, finally, able to find one I like.  It is called Swedish Dream Sea Salt Soap.  I love it.  The lather is amazing.

1 560
 06-04-2017, 07:26 PM
User Info
(06-04-2017, 04:37 PM)Quando Wrote: I, finally, switched back to bars, I was, finally, able to find one I like.  It is called Swedish Dream Sea Salt Soap.  I love it.  The lather is amazing.

I'm glad you found your soap Quando.  I had doubts that you would, due to the requirement that the bar be white.

47 5,691
 06-05-2017, 02:17 AM
  • Quando
User Info
(06-04-2017, 07:26 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 04:37 PM)Quando Wrote: I, finally, switched back to bars, I was, finally, able to find one I like.  It is called Swedish Dream Sea Salt Soap.  I love it.  The lather is amazing.

I'm glad you found your soap Quando.  I had doubts that you would, due to the requirement that the bar be white.

Thanks, man. 

Yeah, I thought so, too, for a while.  It was challenging, but, the requirement it must be white actually narrowed down the search.  That way, I only had to test the white soaps for allergies, etc., as opposed to all of them.  I would still be at the store Biggrin

1 560