10-21-2013, 06:14 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I recently received a sample from Green Mountain as part of a participating test of their new seasonal soap called "Nick's Red Jacket. I have used it three times and can report to you that this is one very nice soap that lathers extremely easy. It is not very hard nor very soft but just right for building lather with either a boar,badger or anything in between. Great cushion and lubrication which means my razor glided with no problems. Loaded with tallow,olive oil and many other essentials this soap smells like the Holidays. Very refreshing to some it up.

Attached Files Image(s)

100 12,445
 10-21-2013, 07:23 AM
User Info
(10-21-2013, 06:14 AM)slantman Wrote: I recently received a sample from Green Mountain as part of a participating test of their new seasonal soap called "Nick's Red Jacket. I have used it three times and can report to you that this is one very nice soap that lathers extremely easy. It is not very hard nor very soft but just right for building lather with either a boar,badger or anything in between. Great cushion and lubrication which means my razor glided with no problems. Loaded with tallow,olive oil and many other essentials this soap smells like the Holidays. Very refreshing to some it up.

What's the scent like?

0 47
 10-21-2013, 07:45 AM
User Info
Jerry, the lather looks very nice! Smile

75 20,883
 10-21-2013, 08:28 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(10-21-2013, 07:23 AM)Shellbriar Wrote:
(10-21-2013, 06:14 AM)slantman Wrote: I recently received a sample from Green Mountain as part of a participating test of their new seasonal soap called "Nick's Red Jacket. I have used it three times and can report to you that this is one very nice soap that lathers extremely easy. It is not very hard nor very soft but just right for building lather with either a boar,badger or anything in between. Great cushion and lubrication which means my razor glided with no problems. Loaded with tallow,olive oil and many other essentials this soap smells like the Holidays. Very refreshing to some it up.

What's the scent like?

Eucalyptus with a hint of sweet orange.

(10-21-2013, 07:45 AM)celestino Wrote: Jerry, the lather looks very nice! Smile

Very easy to build with this soap.

100 12,445
 10-21-2013, 09:19 AM
User Info
I still need to grate my "puck" of GMS. I couldn't get it loaded heavily enough in my hard water to make anything other than an airy lather. Those with softer water though seem to get amazing lather from the formulation. The skincare qualities of this soap and the fact that it is at least, yes at least, triple milled is also a plus. However, that hardness of the soap is also what is likely making it problematic for me and my water.

31 7,914
 10-21-2013, 01:23 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(10-21-2013, 09:19 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: I still need to grate my "puck" of GMS. I couldn't get it loaded heavily enough in my hard water to make anything other than an airy lather. Those with softer water though seem to get amazing lather from the formulation. The skincare qualities of this soap and the fact that it is at least, yes at least, triple milled is also a plus. However, that hardness of the soap is also what is likely making it problematic for me and my water.

Totally agree hard water is not fun. I have a water softener about 3 years and it makes an incredible difference.

100 12,445
 10-21-2013, 05:14 PM
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
(10-21-2013, 09:19 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: I still need to grate my "puck" of GMS. I couldn't get it loaded heavily enough in my hard water to make anything other than an airy lather. Those with softer water though seem to get amazing lather from the formulation. The skincare qualities of this soap and the fact that it is at least, yes at least, triple milled is also a plus. However, that hardness of the soap is also what is likely making it problematic for me and my water.

I had the same problems with Green Mountain soap.

7 1,018
 10-21-2013, 06:15 PM
User Info
(10-21-2013, 08:28 AM)slantman Wrote:
(10-21-2013, 07:23 AM)Shellbriar Wrote:
Thanks. Bet it smells great!
What's the scent like?

Eucalyptus with a hint of sweet orange.

(10-21-2013, 07:45 AM)celestino Wrote: Jerry, the lather looks very nice! Smile

Very easy to build with this soap.

0 47
 10-22-2013, 12:44 PM
User Info
From the scent description and your photo of the lather, I may just pick up some of this.

9 90