10-21-2013, 10:51 PM
User Info
Deadline for entry: Sunday the 17th is when I'll definitely close this and have a randomizer pick the winners. So take part if you have a mind to.

Cursor down for the winners

I didn't know Tatum, few did. The story of how I got involved is of no consequence. Call it kismet if you don't believe in the ALMIGHTY, but I won't call it kismet. Tatum was too good for this world.

Here is Tatums story by someone on the forum who wishes to remain anonymous. The PIF follows the story.

"Tatum's Story"
Together since Hannah was in High School, she and Weston began their life as a couple just a few months after Hannah's graduation. Then one day my wife and I got some great news. We were going to become Grandparents. My wife especially was excited. This would be her 1st "blood" grandchild.

The 1st few months went smoothly until the 1st ultrasound. It seemed the baby was missing a rib. After more testing it was determined that the baby had Down Syndrome.

Soon after we found out we were having a Granddaughter. That was the good news. The bad news was she was developing fluid in her chest cavity causing pressure on her developing internal organs. This was a huge problem.

A brave young woman Hannah decided to go the course with her baby. At barely 6 1/2 months into the pregnancy the doctors determined that the only way to treat the baby was outside the womb.

On Sept 20th Tatum Alexis was born by C-section. She was immediately taken to NICU and she received a breathing tube and 2 chest tubes. These would be increased to 4.
Barely weighing 2 pounds, she began life fighting for life. She had good days and bad. Incredibly, being so small she was tenacious in her struggle. Mom and Dad remained by her side encouraging their baby girl to fight on.

Unfortunately She was having problems. Her tiny kidneys just weren't working properly. Too tiny for dialysis and too weak for a transplant, the doctors informed the parents that our precious little Tatum would not make it.

On Oct. 12th the chest tubes were removed. Then the respirator. Her father told me she fought hard to the very end. Little Tatum left us that day. Her fighting spirit will forever be etched into my heart and mind.

You know the story. People say life is too short. Tatum lived 3 weeks and a day. EVERY SINGLE MOMENT she was fighting for her life. How mundane it seems to me that so many people fret about the little things. My little 2 lb. granddaughter taught me more about life in 3 weeks than all my previous years.

Remember her when the small stuff that would tick you off happens. She never knew anything but the serious stuff.. When you get a flat, or someone cuts you off, or whatever rubs you wrong, in the big picture none of it matters. Tatum can tell you that.

Papa and Grammy love and miss you Tatum Alexis. OUR HERO !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's more than OK to say a prayer for Tatum and her loved ones. Prayer definitely helps.

===================================

In the memory of Tatum I have a PIF. Frankly it's been sitting here for months waiting for something. Obviously waiting for a reason.

One each to 4 winners. The first winner gets their choice of the four items, the 2nd winner gets 2nd choice and so on. If you don't see something remaining that you want let me know and I'll move on to the next person on the list.

In order to take part you need 30 days of membership and 30 posts before the PIF ends. Please, CONUS only, unless you want to pay the additional postage. I can't ship "after the shave" outside CONUS so bear that in mind. Non CONUS can still say a prayer.

I'll keep a running list here as folks decide to participate. If you intended to participate and don't see your name on the list bring it to my attention. In a week (minimum) or so I'll announce the PIF drawing to a close and then get an outside randomizer to order the list to determine the winners.

Just say you'd like to honor Tatum's memory to participate.

The 4 items...

1 retail size Kramperts Finest Acadian Spice Bay Rum

1 retail size Kramperts Finest Frostbite

1 Frank Shaving Boar. This brush is simply not going to work for me because for me it has too much loft and I don't enjoy it. Here is the notation from my inventory: Frank Shaving Black truncated cone black polymer ovoid handle w/ 20 x 60mm knot. It has been used otherwise I wouldn't know that it won't work for me. It could use a bit more break in time probably.

No longer available 1 GEM Flying Wing razor in gold plate. It was reviewed >>>>here<<<<< and is the very same flying wing pictured aka as a bullet tip.

I think I covered it all. Any questions please bring it to my attention.

One more condition... if you receive something from this PIF and don't like it, please PIF it here in Tatums memory; don't sell it.

Thanks Gents!

1. jsab
2. Coyote
3. Shellbriar
4. donoma
5. MegaBullfrog
6. KentClark
7. EJaggerMan
8. AKASL
9. brothers
10. DoubleB
11. slr31
12. el_mustango
13. EagleRon

Winners are in red

As randomized by http://www.random.org

There were 13 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1.11. slr31
2.13. EagleRon
3.5. MegaBullfrog
4.2. Coyote

5.10. DoubleB
6.9. brothers
7.3. Shellbriar
8.8. AKASL
9.6. KentClark
10.7. EJaggerMan
11.1. jsab
12.4. donoma
13.12. el_mustango

Timestamp: 2013-11-18 07:04:27 UTC

Gents, I can't send anything until you let me know what item you want from the list. The #1 winner chooses first, #2 chooses second, then #3. Sorry Coyote, you take what's left my friend.

Please make your pick in a post at the end of the thread.

32 6,311
 10-22-2013, 12:50 AM
  • Exapno
  • Northampton, England
User Info
A very touching story Brian, probably more so for those of us who are parents or grandparents with young children. Good luck with the PIF.

0 132
 10-22-2013, 04:46 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
A great PIF Brian and a prayer sent for the family. I have kids, grandkids, and a great grandkid and just cannot imagine loosing one of them.

I'm not in the PIF but congratulations to the future winners.

173 23,555
 10-22-2013, 04:47 AM
User Info
Wow Brian, that's such a sad story. My heart goes out to Tatum and her family.

Two prayers have been said. One was for Tatum and her family. One was of thanks that I do have my 7-week-old little boy today.

10 2,062
 10-22-2013, 05:21 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Brian
Thank you for running a PIF in honor of a friend's family.

My prayers go out to the family
Angel

Please do not include me

Blessings,
James

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

9 1,684
 10-22-2013, 05:49 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
They were added to my prayer list today....puts things back in perspective.

Thank Brian. I would like to join in. I was premature and spent my first 30 days in the hospital........Mom too.

Bob

4 2,385
 10-22-2013, 06:23 AM
User Info
Brought tears to my eyes and my heart goes out to the family that Tatum touched so deeply in such a preciously short time. Prayers definitely going out to all for the peace that passeth all understanding. He is our great Comforter.

I would like to honor Tatum's memory by not taking part in this PIF so others may have a better chance at winning.

God bless!

31 7,914
 10-22-2013, 06:44 AM
User Info
A great PIF under not so great circumstance. In honor of Tatum I'd like to participate.
Thanks!

0 47
 10-22-2013, 07:47 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Great PIF, in honor of Tatum, I would be honored to participate.I extend my prayers to you both and Tatums parents for God's healing love.

In the big picture the little annoyances in life really do not matter.

1 3,507
 10-22-2013, 07:47 AM
User Info
Not in, but a very touching story and a good PIF. Thank you Brian.

3 3,580
 10-22-2013, 07:52 AM
  • donoma
  • Birmingham, AL
User Info
They were added to my prayers today and I will continue to pray for the family in the upcoming weeks.

In honor of Tatum I'd like to participate.

0 64
 10-22-2013, 08:11 AM
User Info
Great PIF, Brian! That is very sweet of you! Smile
NOT IN.

75 20,884
 10-22-2013, 08:18 AM
User Info
I'm not in, Brian, but I just wanted to say nice PIF and thoughts. During my training as a pediatrician, I spent weeks in the NICU, which was sometimes heartwarming and sometimes heartbreaking. Such tiny souls.

185 12,010
 10-22-2013, 08:35 AM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
I recently became a first time grandfather so Tatum's story tugged my heartstrings.

I firmly believe in an afterlife that has a special place for those, like Tatum, who pass through this life so swiftly.

Thanks for sharing the story and providing the PIF.

Excellent post.

47 1,381
 10-22-2013, 08:46 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
My most sincere condolences and my prayers are with her family.

Nice PIF , sir.

86 7,124
 10-22-2013, 08:47 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Very touching Brian. Not in, but I want to wish the family of this beautiful girl my heartfelt sympathies. Tatum has taught us all something today. Prayers for the family of this beautiful life.

14 1,177
 10-22-2013, 09:38 AM
User Info
I shed a few tears and stopped everything momentarily to pray. I said a prayer for little Tatum and one for her family. I would like to participate in honor of this great angel.

2 396
 10-22-2013, 10:37 AM
User Info
I am not in, Brian.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Tatum. It is comforting to know that He blesses the little children.

31 1,800
 10-22-2013, 03:31 PM
User Info
Thank you for sharing this story and PIF, Krampert. I am in prayer for Tatum's family. Please count me in.

47 1,270
 10-22-2013, 03:42 PM
User Info
My close friends went through something similar with their first grandchild. He lived less than 24 hours and passed fighting all the way. My thoughts are with you.

9 197