10-22-2013, 05:01 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I'm in need of a good face moisturizer. I'm not really talking about an aftershave balm unless you think it's on par with the best face moisturizer's. I'm looking for a lotion to apply between shaves. My face dries up in the winter and needs moisturized daily. Last winter I used Every Man Jack and Pacific Shave face lotion. I was disappointed in the Every Man Jack and I though the Pacific was decent with a nice light citrus scent but I could use something better. Thanks!

45 3,955
 10-22-2013, 06:01 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I don't like the heaviness often associated with moisturisers and hence haven't used any for quite sometime. I don't use aftershave balm for the same reason. That said, I happily use and thoroughly recommend Myrsol Emulsion. I use it almost religiously now. I started applying it after my aftershave during winter as I found the weather was drying out my skin and leaving it feeling tight and fatigued. The Myrsol is both light and effective that I enjoy it so much that I now use it all year round...

I know there are light weight moisturisers on the market that also have the extra benefit of an SPF, I'm sure other members will be able to share their experiences with these...

91 17,851
 10-22-2013, 07:03 PM
User Info
Unrefined Shea Butter! Best thing I have ever used.
If you find it too rich/thick, you could mix it with witch hazel/water/aftershave, et cetera.
Nothing keeps my skin feeling so soft and I think I may be looking younger! Biggrin

75 20,883
 10-22-2013, 07:49 PM
User Info
tgutc would you like to try a sample of my bay rum or frostbite with built in moisturizer? I developed it specifically for Maines ultra dry winter air. If so, PM me an address.

32 6,309
 10-22-2013, 10:15 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
(10-22-2013, 07:49 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: tgutc would you like to try a sample of my bay rum or frostbite with built in moisturizer? I developed it specifically for Maines ultra dry winter air. If so, PM me an address.

I'd certainly recommend taking up Brian on his kind offer of a sample.

Krampert's Finest Bay Rum is the reason I tried Myrsol Emulsion.

Let me explain…
I been using KFBR and love the fact that it's a splash, yet possesses the care qualities of a moisturiser.
Any other AS in the winter months leaves my face in need of some extra care, hence finding the Myrsol Emulsion, but KFBR is an all in one solution.
I thoroughly recommend it!

91 17,851
 10-22-2013, 11:11 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I appreciate the offer but I already use and enjoy both Smile. I agree that it's a fantastic moisturizer and to be honest if I used it every day there would be no need for this thread. However, I like variety and use a ton of different splashes.

45 3,955
 10-23-2013, 12:01 AM
  • max1ci6
  • Sirolo AN, Italy
User Info
(10-22-2013, 07:03 PM)celestino Wrote: Unrefined Shea Butter! Best thing I have ever used.
If you find it too rich/thick, you could mix it with witch hazel/water/aftershave, et cetera.
Nothing keeps my skin feeling so soft and I think I may be looking younger! Biggrin

+1 Biggrin

0 880
 10-23-2013, 03:16 AM
User Info
I can recommend the Nancy Boy Replenishing Facial Moisturizer or if you really want something that will revitalize your skin, their Ultramarine Night Cream

http://www.nancyboy.com/Facial-Moisturizer-c22.htm

All of their skincare products are great; facial cleansers, moisturizers and shave creams. The make a great soap as well

p.s. - If you join their "club" (i.e., mailing list) you get a discount on every product

8 240
 10-23-2013, 06:51 AM
  • Deco
  • シングルエッジ
  • Rocky Mountains
User Info
I use Aveeno Oatmeal lotion but have Myrsol Emulsion en route.

1 239
 10-23-2013, 07:13 AM
User Info
(10-22-2013, 07:03 PM)celestino Wrote: Unrefined Shea Butter! Best thing I have ever used.

Travis, I agree with celestino about the Unrefined Shea Butter. It's the best thing I've done for my skin. I use it after the Myrsol products that I got from your Sample Shoppe and they still smell great. I've been using Shea Terra brand's Nilotica, I believe they are located in Virginia. They also carry a sample three pack if you want to try their other shea butter products, I bought that as well but have only used the Nilotica so far. Good luck with whatever you decide on Biggrin

http://www.sheaterraorganics.com/Shea-Ni...p_453.html

92 2,566
 10-23-2013, 09:47 AM
User Info

Good call on this! I had some tubs of unrefined shea butter and my face has been getting dry since it started cooling off. So today I applied my aftershave, let it dry then rubbed some more aftershave and a dab of the shea butter and it went on very smooth and absorbed quickly. My face feels great right now, thanks again.

9 90
 10-23-2013, 10:24 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
(10-22-2013, 07:49 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: tgutc would you like to try a sample of my bay rum or frostbite with built in moisturizer? I developed it specifically for Maines ultra dry winter air. If so, PM me an address.

Brian is this a completely different product like your After Shaves with an additional ingredient?

I have to also agree with what others have said about USB. Even if you only use it at night, you'll notice a tremendous difference over time.

14 1,177
 10-23-2013, 12:18 PM
User Info
No Clinton, same product. If one needs more moisturizing than my product has in it then one needs more; it's that simple.

32 6,309
 10-23-2013, 01:08 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
(10-23-2013, 12:18 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: No Clinton, same product. If one needs more moisturizing than my product has in it then one needs more; it's that simple.

LOL. I like that.

14 1,177
 10-23-2013, 02:31 PM
User Info
Have you considered pure Jojoba oil?

3 285
 10-23-2013, 06:38 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. Myrsol Emulsion has been on my short list so I'm going to try that. I'm also going to try some USB. If so many of you think that highly of it I'm sure it works great. I might also try this...
[Image: iAA3BTs.jpg]

Anyone have experience with it?

45 3,955
 10-26-2013, 11:53 AM
User Info
(10-22-2013, 05:01 PM)tgutc Wrote: I'm in need of a good face moisturizer. I'm not really talking about an aftershave balm unless you think it's on par with the best face moisturizer's. I'm looking for a lotion to apply between shaves. My face dries up in the winter and needs moisturized daily. Last winter I used Every Man Jack and Pacific Shave face lotion. I was disappointed in the Every Man Jack and I though the Pacific was decent with a nice light citrus scent but I could use something better. Thanks!

I use a variety of facial Moist'ers.

My favorites are Clinique M Lotion (comes in a cream and a gel version, I use the gel version during the summer months and the cream version during the winter)

If you want a slightly thicker cream from Clinique I can recommend Clinique Maxiumum Hydrator or Clinique Age Dfense hydrator.

I can also recommend Lancome for Men Energizer Total or Lancome for Men Age Fight Gel.

The best and cheapest alternative to a GREAT facial moisturizer is the Taylor of old Bond Street Herbal Skin Moisturiser. It's affordable and works really really nice, even compared to the far more expensive creams I use from Clinique, Lancome and Shiseido.

[Image: TOBS_Herbal_Skin_Moisturiser_75_1.jpg]

22 5,059
 10-26-2013, 03:54 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic is an excellent after shave moisturizer and it has no alcohol which dries the skin.

100 12,444
 10-26-2013, 09:09 PM
User Info
(10-23-2013, 09:47 AM)milkylee Wrote:

Good call on this! I had some tubs of unrefined shea butter and my face has been getting dry since it started cooling off. So today I applied my aftershave, let it dry then rubbed some more aftershave and a dab of the shea butter and it went on very smooth and absorbed quickly. My face feels great right now, thanks again.

* My pleasure! I also really like your username as my nickname is "Milky"! Biggrin

75 20,883
 10-27-2013, 02:53 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Thank you for the suggestions. I will have to look into the TOBS that looks good.

(10-26-2013, 11:53 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: [quote='tgutc' pid='302969' dateline='1382490078']
I'm in need of a good face moisturizer. I'm not really talking about an aftershave balm unless you think it's on par with the best face moisturizer's. I'm looking for a lotion to apply between shaves. My face dries up in the winter and needs moisturized daily. Last winter I used Every Man Jack and Pacific Shave face lotion. I was disappointed in the Every Man Jack and I though the Pacific was decent with a nice light citrus scent but I could use something better. Thanks!

I use a variety of facial Moist'ers.

My favorites are Clinique M Lotion (comes in a cream and a gel version, I use the gel version during the summer months and the cream version during the winter)

If you want a slightly thicker cream from Clinique I can recommend Clinique Maxiumum Hydrator or Clinique Age Dfense hydrator.

I can also recommend Lancome for Men Energizer Total or Lancome for Men Age Fight Gel.

The best and cheapest alternative to a GREAT facial moisturizer is the Taylor of old Bond Street Herbal Skin Moisturiser. It's affordable and works really really nice, even compared to the far more expensive creams I use from Clinique, Lancome and Shiseido.

45 3,955