04-21-2012, 04:04 PM
User Info
I know there are people who think Alt Innsbruck stinks and I've always thought, 'this dude's crazy, how can you not like AI?' Now I truly understand the meaning of YMMV.

I've read mixed reviews of Floid, maybe as many as I read with Innsbruck, but as with anything, you never know unless you try it. Needless to say, for me, buying Innsbruck was like striking gold; however, with Floid I hit the septic line.

I sniffed the bottle and was pretty sure this was going to be bad. After a great shave and the wonderful smell of ToBS St. James still in the air, I reached for the lovely bottle filled with the carrot orange liquid. I hate the color orange, so I should have known this would end badly.

I pushed on, giving Mr. Floid in all of his carrot orange glory the benefit of the doubt. 'Nice metal cap', I thought while spinning the top off. Poured it into my palm and worked it around. I was waiting for a little sting, but mostly for some menthol cooling, but what I received was the reality of what is simply named, Floid.

Gag reflex? Check
Nausea? Check
Yes, my reaction was just that. An overwhelming nausea followed by a sick feeling. A very underwhelming sting and no menthol to note. My face felt--and smelled--like I covered it with liquid talc.

I originally was going to purchase the Vigorossa (spelling) since it was allegedly a super menthol blast, but I opted for the "toned down" version of the scent. It's very good that I chose the Floid I did, because a stronger scent would have made me vomit--and no, I'm not overdramatising my reaction.

As I sit here typing this, the powdery smell feels like it's clogging my nose and my skin feels dry and, well powdery. When I touch my face it feels hydrated and smooth, so it's very odd.

I'm not angry with my purchase, I would have never known what Floid was like without trying it. The packaging is great, they style is a very cool retro look and the bottle itself is worth having. To bad the contents are so repulsive. Kind of like a flea collar smell.

Besides the smell, a very mild sting, minimal menthol, soothing on the skin. My skin feels pretty good, it's been about an hour since I used it and the scent has faded slightly, but there's still a rather thick powdery scent.

This isn't a product I would recommend to anyone, unless they asked for a flea collar scented AS. I most certainly will never use it again.

BTW, my g/f likes the smell, but she uses baby lotion and baby powder a good bit. As for me, I'm off to wash this off and clean my nostrils.

9 451