10-23-2013, 09:56 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, now I've gone and done it. Let me start by saying I'm left handed and I do everything, and I mean everything with my left hand.

After shaving this morning I was cleaning up and getting ready to change the blade in my PILS. I picked it up as normal to hold the head between my thumb and middle finger. I was not paying attention and looked away for just a moment and let the razor slip in my hand. Well that slip sliced my thumb and index finger pretty good, but the real damage was done to my middle finger. That sucker sliced the tip off of that finger like you would slice a tomato.

Scared Donna to death. There was blood every where.

First thing that came to mind after my trip to the doctor was how am I going to shave without the use of my left hand. My dear wife has stepped up to the plate.

First she looked through my shaving creams and found my tube of I COLONIALI Brushless Cream. She said this will do. She then looked at my razors and said nope, I'm not using one of those. She jumped in the car, went to CVS and when she returned she had a new Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor. She uses the ladies version on her legs.

I have been informed my shaves for the next 5-7 days will be performed by her.

This should be real interesting.

173 23,533
 10-23-2013, 10:02 AM
  • Deco
  • シングルエッジ
  • Rocky Mountains
User Info
Wifey sounds nice, although she might start calling that middle finger stubby.

Count your blessings: she didn't suggest using a straight razor!

(10-23-2013, 09:56 AM)Johnny Wrote: Well, now I've gone and done it. Let me start by saying I'm left handed and I do everything, and I mean everything with my left hand.

After shaving this morning I was cleaning up and getting ready to change the blade in my PILS. I picked it up as normal to hold the head between my thumb and middle finger. I was not paying attention and looked away for just a moment and let the razor slip in my hand. Well that slip sliced my thumb and index finger pretty good, but the real damage was done to my middle finger. That sucker sliced the tip off of that finger like you would slice a tomato.

First thing that came to mind after my trip to the doctor was how am I going to shave without the use of my left hand. My dear wife has stepped up to the plate.

First she looked through my shaving creams and found my tube of I COLONIALI Brushless Cream. She said this will do. She then looked at my razors and said nope, I'm not using one of those. She jumped in the car, went to CVS and when she returned she had a new Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor. She uses the ladies version on her legs.

1 239
 10-23-2013, 10:03 AM
User Info
My Better Half is really, really, really not wanting me to use a DE on her legs, but she'll happily let me shave her leg with the hand-me-down Sensor Excel... I suspect your wife follows the same logic in reverse.

Looking forward to hearing how your (her?) shaves goes, and I do hope your hand heals quickly and neatly.

3 3,574
 10-23-2013, 12:14 PM
User Info
Ouch Johnny. What a freaky set up circumstances to lead to this injury. Doesn't it always seem like the silliest ways of hurting ourselves can cause the most damage. I pray for speedy recovery and some wonderful husband/wife time in the Nook (no more blood hopefully).

At least you didn't knock yourself unconscious putting groceries into your refrigerator. Yep, that's still the craziest one I've heard of personally. All things for a season so this too will pass. Enjoy that extra time with your bride.

31 7,912
 10-23-2013, 12:19 PM
User Info
(10-23-2013, 09:56 AM)Johnny Wrote: Well, now I've gone and done it. Let me start by saying I'm left handed and I do everything, and I mean everything with my left hand.

Sounds like a good women.

0 80
 10-23-2013, 01:36 PM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Johnny-You married well!

I hope you heal quickly.......

Bob

4 2,379
 10-23-2013, 01:54 PM
User Info
Yes, I'm looking forward to the SOTD pictures, too.

184 12,003
 10-23-2013, 02:14 PM
  • Deco
  • シングルエッジ
  • Rocky Mountains
User Info
(10-23-2013, 01:54 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: Yes, I'm looking forward to the SOTD pictures, too.
+1

1 239
 10-23-2013, 05:40 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Should be an interesting week of shaves Johnny. One you will probably look back very fondly of.

45 3,955
 10-23-2013, 07:01 PM
User Info
(10-23-2013, 01:54 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: Yes, I'm looking forward to the SOTD pictures, too.

+2 Wow, Johnny! I would have never thought I would be hearing this from you, my friend! I hope you enjoy the shaves. Make sure you have a seat, recline and relax! Wow, no boars for a whole week! My goodness, what is this world coming to! Biggrin

75 20,883
 10-24-2013, 04:26 AM
User Info
I cut myself on the Pils as well, when unscrewing the top part off, I had tightened it a bit too much, so it loosened fast, and I lost my grip on the sides of the head and cut my fingers.

I hope you heal fast so you can get back to your regular routine.

0 66
 10-24-2013, 04:43 AM
  • ischiapp
  • Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
(10-23-2013, 09:56 AM)Johnny Wrote: I have been informed my shaves for the next 5-7 days will be performed by her.

Good Luck, Johnny !! Tongue Cool Confused

0 1,096
 10-24-2013, 04:45 AM
User Info
I hope your hand heals quickly!!!Smile

2 1,403
 10-24-2013, 04:50 AM
User Info
Good luck. I'm sure you will enjoy the relaxation of having your wife shave you.

0 156
 10-24-2013, 05:03 AM
User Info
Yikes! Good luck with that, Johnny!

10 2,062
 10-24-2013, 05:07 AM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
I hope you heal up quick! But good on your wife for actually being willing to keep you clean shaven! Smile

Cheers! Smile

1 608
 10-24-2013, 05:15 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Angel
Johnny, prayers to you on a quick full recovery!

I would have been the one to initiate handing my Mach-3 to my wife Wink

Blessings,
James

9 1,684
 10-24-2013, 05:22 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
The first shave went well. I was impressed that my wife actually watched a couple of videos on how to do this.

She washed my face with one of her soapless creams, used a hot towel soak, gently rubbed on the shave cream, then begin the first pass. Stretching the skin she went with the grain.

She then put a warm moist towel on my face then repeated the shaving cream process. Again stretching the skin, she went against the grain. All the time being very careful with the upper and lower lip area.

After that she applied another warm moist towel and rubbed off any left over cream, then applied an ice cold moist towel and let set for about a minute.

After that she applied the balm by gently rubbing it into my face and neck area. This last part almost put me to sleep.

I don't believe I will have any problems doing this for 7-days.Smile

No nicks, weepers, or irritation.

But, I cannot wait to get back to my brush and DE razors.

173 23,533
 10-24-2013, 05:43 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Spoiled rotten........Biggrin

Be well!

4 2,379
 10-24-2013, 05:57 AM
  • jcmy53
  • Cincinnati, OH
User Info