07-08-2015, 05:07 PM
User Info
I only have American Blend and I love everything about it. I am buying more soon, probably snake bite and l'orange.

13 947
 07-09-2015, 07:32 AM
User Info
I love the Fresh Vetiver.

10 1,858
 07-09-2015, 11:47 AM
User Info
I used Fresh Vetiver exclusively for some time. It's fantastic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

32 492
 07-29-2015, 08:02 AM
User Info
both are great scents the three i own are; American Blend (My #1), Clean Vetiver (My 2nd Choice), Fresh Vetiver (A Close 3rd)  Really you cant go wrong and at $15 a bottle get 2 or 3 scents!!!

79 824
 08-13-2015, 03:02 AM
User Info
I really like American blend.

22 103
 08-26-2015, 05:15 PM
User Info
I liked the American blend,  but my favorites are the platinum and fresh vetiver.

0 31
 08-26-2015, 05:51 PM
User Info
I have both but would lean toward the American Blend.

4 465
 08-29-2015, 05:40 AM
User Info
Both are excellent, but I prefer the American Blend.

10 339
 09-12-2015, 12:10 PM
User Info
These Aftershaves are phenomenal. However I must say the staying power really isn't that great (for me at least). I read a lot about how these AS's have great staying power but L'Orange has no staying power for me what so ever. Just a great smelling splash to smell for a couple minutes. Fresh Vetiver is an Amazing Scent, and only lasts about 20-30 minutes on my skin. Are you guys getting more longevity out of these two splashes? Does American Blend last longer?

46 1,102
 09-12-2015, 12:13 PM
  • xray
  • Charleston, SC
User Info
(06-21-2015, 12:08 PM)mkiraly Wrote: Mr. Fine's Family Portrait:

[Image: 0zhPJmE.jpg]

The performance is excellent, and they all smell fantastic!
You truly can't go wrong no matter which one you choose.
My newest is the Fresh Vetiver, clean, menthol-ly, and, well...fresh, it's highly addictive... Biggrin
Definitely agree about being highly addictive. I am hooked on American Blend....and I've only been using it a week.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

1 16
 09-12-2015, 12:17 PM
User Info
Wow, I would describe these as some of the stronger aftershaves I've tried, something I really like about them, especially the Clean & Fresh Vetiver.  Maybe use more?

(09-12-2015, 12:10 PM)Ellas318 Wrote: These Aftershaves are phenomenal. However I must say the staying power really isn't that great (for me at least). I read a lot about how these AS's have great staying power but L'Orange has no staying power for me what so ever. Just a great smelling splash to smell for a couple minutes. Fresh Vetiver is an Amazing Scent, and only lasts about 20-30 minutes on my skin. Are you guys getting more longevity out of these two splashes? Does American Blend last longer?

53 1,186
 09-12-2015, 12:33 PM
User Info
If I use a ton of Fresh Vetiver, I get the extra 10-15 minutes but it doesn't last really long. And with L'Orange, there is no longevity. It could be due to the drier climate out here. I had this issue using EDT's as well and I think it's due to the weather. My skin just eats it up I guess.

46 1,102
 05-20-2017, 08:43 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
(06-04-2015, 05:43 PM)primotenore Wrote: Fine Fresh Vetiver is a terrific aftershave--rivaling much more expensive products. For instance I have a bottle of Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. $70/50ml. I think the Fine stands up nicely, not exactly, but nicely in comparison. 

Fresh Vetiver is a clone/interpretation/imitation of Grey Vetiver.  All of Fine's scents are like this.

Platinum = Creed Aventus 
Lavendar Pour Homme = Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge 
l'Orange Noir = Terre de Hermes 
American Blend = YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme 

They are all like this.  I hope he makes one for Penhaligon's Love Potion #9 (I refuse to EdT's, or, anything with a spray)

1 589
 05-22-2017, 01:57 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(05-20-2017, 08:43 PM)Quando Wrote:
(06-04-2015, 05:43 PM)primotenore Wrote: Fine Fresh Vetiver is a terrific aftershave--rivaling much more expensive products. For instance I have a bottle of Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. $70/50ml. I think the Fine stands up nicely, not exactly, but nicely in comparison. 

Fresh Vetiver is a clone/interpretation/imitation of Grey Vetiver.  All of Fine's scents are like this.

Platinum = Creed Aventus 

They are all like this.  I hope he makes one for Penhaligon's Love Potion #9 (I refuse to EdT's, or, anything with a spray)

I've always preferred a splash when it comes to colognes, EdTs, EdPs etc. but fewer and fewer are offered as an option.

7 2,300
 05-22-2017, 05:29 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
(05-22-2017, 01:57 PM)Mouser Wrote:

Platinum = Creed Aventus 

I've always preferred a splash when it comes to colognes, EdTs, EdPs etc. but fewer and fewer are offered as an option.

I have noticed this, as well.  I really feel the sprays are a younger man's game.  Plus, it is just plain unprofessional to show up to work, or, any professional appointment, smelling of anything, really.   So, I use only a bit of Proraso in the mornings, and, most evenings.  I prefer to save the stronger scented ones for the evening, but, I never use any pumps/sprays/atomizers.  I also think most EdT's are over the top, and, have too much going on.  They are more about selling the bottle itself, and, the 'idea/image' of the scent, than what is actually inside the bottle.

1 589
 05-23-2017, 09:05 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info

Platinum = Creed Aventus 

I wish he would remake several of Penhaligon's scents; they would be amazing aftershaves.

To answer the original question American Blend or Fresh Vetiver? Both Biggrin

8 391
 05-23-2017, 10:56 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
I picked up a bottle of Fresh Vetiver, yesterday.  It was great.  This is going to be my "Summer Vetiver" scent.

1 589
 05-24-2017, 02:07 PM
  • Mouser
User Info
(05-22-2017, 05:29 PM)Quando Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 01:57 PM)Mouser Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 08:43 PM)Quando Wrote: Fresh Vetiver is a clone/interpretation/imitation of Grey Vetiver.  All of Fine's scents are like this.

Platinum = Creed Aventus 

I have noticed this, as well.  I really feel the sprays are a younger man's game.  Plus, it is just plain unprofessional to show up to work, or, any professional appointment, smelling of anything, really.   So, I use only a bit of Proraso in the mornings, and, most evenings.  I prefer to save the stronger scented ones for the evening, but, I never use any pumps/sprays/atomizers.  I also think most EdT's are over the top, and, have too much going on.  They are more about selling the bottle itself, and, the 'idea/image' of the scent, than what is actually inside the bottle.

Decades ago, might have been the neolithic era , I knew a rep for various fragrance lines. He told me that splashes contain a little more oil, last longer .
I dont know if thats still the case but it would, it seems, mean splashes must cost a little more to produce.

7 2,300
 05-24-2017, 02:11 PM
  • Mouser
User Info
And another point, some here are commenting about how the fragrance doesnt last long with aftershaves. They are not supposed to. That's not their "on label" purpose.

7 2,300
 05-24-2017, 02:39 PM
User Info
I'm late to the party but I think I only have the American scent and it's wonderful.  Classic, barbershop scent if I recall correctly.  This thread is leading me to dusting off my bottle.

73 4,295