10-24-2013, 01:12 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Kind of a pathetic story but recently I received a MUHLE LISCIO Ash R140 razor I bought direct from Muhle in Germany...opened up the package and found a users manual....basically letting me know razor blades can be sharp and care must be used in every aspect of shaving...opening the blade pack,loading the blade,screwing the razor together and both in shaving and cleaning of the razor...how a blades sharp edge can cut you and how not to use the razor if the post breaks off.....pretty much warned me of every problem which could occur if I wasn,t carefull...never shave while intoxicated or distracted....talk about covering your ass....just never realized a razor blade could be sharp ...the razor is great by the way but the instructions are a riot...worth buying just for the laugh....so NOOKERS...BE carefull....!!!!!!!!

6 1,913
 10-24-2013, 01:18 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Well Harvey, considering the litigious nature of our society today ... this sort of thing doesn't surprise me!

102 17,664
 10-24-2013, 01:24 PM
  • Deco
  • シングルエッジ
  • Rocky Mountains
User Info
Shave at your own risk... it's a dangerous world out there.

1 239
 10-24-2013, 02:01 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I wish my PILS had instructions. Biggrin Darn thing tried to take my finger off.

173 23,499
 10-24-2013, 02:06 PM
User Info
Harvey, can you post the manual or is it too long?

75 20,883
 10-24-2013, 02:53 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
It is really long and I don,t know how to do that...but take my word for it they covered every possible issue from A to Z...I could have even hurt myself opening the box...but I,m an experienced box opener and have years of training so I was able to do that (with an emergency medical team standing by)as is my normal method of shaving...I try to shave only at the Hospital Trauma center with Dr. OZ and Dr. Phil standing at the ready...as well I am totally covered with bandaids and neosporin....perhaps we should all just grow beards like the Duck Call guys

6 1,913
 10-24-2013, 06:09 PM
User Info
Thanks, anyway, Harvey! Have fun reading! Biggrin

75 20,883
 10-24-2013, 07:01 PM
  • RedRocks
  • Four-Corners, USA
User Info
Not unlike signs I have seen in some of the Utah State run liquor stores: "Warning: Consuming products sold in this store could be hazardous to your health". Welcome to Utah, set your calendar back 100 years! But I still love the darn state!

~Frank

18 271
 10-25-2013, 05:23 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
After reading and posting on THE WIFE SHAVE...I think I was unappreciative of their effort and common sense warnings....not funny at all...we can always learn how to prevent accidents...Thank you Muhle for your advice !!!!!

6 1,913
 10-25-2013, 06:35 PM
User Info
Well in this politically correct world, you need to remind people that coffee is hot, that cruise control isn't the same as autopilot, and other things.

I can attest to shaving while intoxicated though. It's a long story.

2 396
 10-25-2013, 07:12 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
There are a lot of whacky warnings out there, such the bluetooth Jabra Drive 'N' Talk speakerphone that has a label warning: "Never operate your speakerphone while driving" and the Nytol sleeping pills that carry the warning: "May cause drowsiness." One of may favourites recently was on a child's Razor Scooter that warns: "This product moves when used."

91 17,821
 10-26-2013, 12:52 PM
  • Deco
  • シングルエッジ
  • Rocky Mountains
User Info
(10-25-2013, 06:35 PM)MegaBullfrog Wrote: Well in this politically correct world, you need to remind people that coffee is hot, that cruise control isn't the same as autopilot, and other things.

I can attest to shaving while intoxicated though. It's a long story.
Sounds like it would make a great read. Leaning from others is always good. And people are brought closer to others via their faults. I encourage you to start a thread!

1 239