10-29-2013, 10:46 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
The following is a list of things I have for varying lengths of time but have not yet used because of the 27 soaps I have in rotation:
  • Tabac stick
  • Irisch Moos stick
  • Valobra stick
  • Razorock Cacao
  • Unused Coates Almond (now a croap)
  • Unused Coates Sandalwood Cream (also dried to croap)
  • Panna crema Labdano
  • Panna Crema Fumo di Londra
  • A puck of a Stirling soap
  • Floid Aftershave Balm

I may have missed one or two. Am I alone in this madness or are there others with this backlog of products to work on...and still accumulating new ones in the meantime?

1 796
 10-29-2013, 11:02 AM
User Info
No chance, here! I use everything I have, or have to try eveything, at least once! However, fortunately, I don't have as many products! Biggrin

82 21,024
 10-29-2013, 12:16 PM
User Info
I have some stuff I don't use *often*, but I end up using everything right away at least once.

I have stopped buying anything new because of it. Which means I don't own any RazoRock King of the Castle, which kind of makes me sad.

10 1,858
 10-29-2013, 02:13 PM
User Info
At one point last year I owned something like 30 different soaps & creams that I had not tried yet. I finally made it a goal to try everything, at least twice, before the end of the year. I was successful, but just barely. As I look at my list now, I see a few new ones I haven't tried, such as:

Colgate Cup Soap
Williams Mug Soap - Menthol
Mohawk Soap
Sultan's Lavender
Sultan's Lime

Now those first 3 are vintage and I already have a puck of William's vintage in use so I won't use those until the Williams is done.

The last two are some creams I picked up from Ebay. I did have some of their samples they were sending around, so I have tried it, but just not those scents. I also have the following unused products:

15 soap & cream samples that I have not tried, though I've tried soaps from the same artisan in different scents.
22 razor blade brands - I had to take a break from testing blades
12 or 14 razors untried, including those waiting cleaning, Rolls, Injectors, VAS, travel techs, and two straights. Some I think I'll just clean up and get rid of.

0 836
 10-29-2013, 02:28 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • NYC
User Info
(10-29-2013, 02:13 PM)5Savages Wrote: At on point last year I owned something like 30 different soaps & creams that I had tried yet. I finally made it a goal to try everything, at least twice, before the end of the year. I was successful, but just barely. As I look at my list now, I see a few I haven't tried, such as:

Colgate Cup Soap
Williams Mug Soap - Menthol
Mohawk Soap
Sultan's Lavender
Sultan's Lime

Now those first 3 are vintage and I already have a puck of William's vintage in use so I won't use those until the Williams is done.

The last two are some creams I picked up from Ebay. I did have some of their samples they were sending around, so I have tried it, but just not those scents. I also have the following unused products:

15 soap & cream samples that I have not tried, though I've tried soaps from the same artisan in different scents.
22 razor blade brands - I had to take a break from testing blades
12 or 14 razors untried, including those waiting cleaning, Rolls, Injectors, VAS, travel techs, and two straights. Some I think I'll just clean up and get rid of.

WOW,so I guess your answer is that I am NOT alone!

1 796
 10-29-2013, 02:31 PM
User Info
You are not alone Blush

These are all NEW and SEALED unless noted. I'm guessing I have the odd stick and sample here and there too, but this is my known inventory

Soaps:
MdC Scented 170g (2)
MdC Fougere 200g (50g PIF'd)
Mystic Water Green Fairy
Mystic Water Coconut Lime Verbena
Cella Red Tub 150g
Vitos Super Extra (approx 150g)
Le savon des Volcans - Menthe Shave Stick
Haslinger mit Schafmilch & Lanolin
Valobra Stick
Irisch Moos Stick (2)
Speick Stick
Arko Stick
P-160 Figaro (88.3g)
DR Harris Windsor Refill (2)
DR Harris Almond Refill
DR Harris Marlborough Refill
DR Harris Arlington Refill
DR Harris Lavender Refill
Palmolive Stick (Euro)
Stirling Soap Anise
Stirling Soap Ben Franklin

Shaving Creams
DR Harris Almond (tube)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (tube)
Panna Creama - Labdano
Proraso Blue (tube)

Aftershaves
RazoRock Baby Blue
Floid Blue
Speick Active
D.R. Harris Arlington Milk
D.R. Harris Windsor Splash
MdC Camomille
Gillette Storm Force (spicy)
RazoRock Problem Solver Lime

8 2,718
 10-29-2013, 02:36 PM
User Info
(10-29-2013, 02:31 PM)Bruce Wrote: You are not alone Blush

These are all NEW and SEALED unless noted. I'm guessing I have the odd stick and sample here and there too, but this is my known inventory

Are any of those backups to replacements for products you have tried, or are all these products you've never used before?

0 836
 10-29-2013, 03:13 PM
User Info
(10-29-2013, 02:36 PM)5Savages Wrote: Are any of those backups to replacements for products you have tried, or are all these products you've never used before?

some I have used...MdC, Cella (brick), Pens BB (defective tube).

that's about it. I have used MW, but not these scents. I have used a sample of Harris Arlington, but not the others. There is an IM stick in my DOPP kit, the other 2 will be for home use when I get around to it.

8 2,718
 10-29-2013, 03:48 PM
  • ischiapp
  • Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
(10-29-2013, 11:02 AM)celestino Wrote: No chance, here! I use everything I have, or have to try eveything, at least once! However, fortunately, I don't have as many products! Biggrin
I quote Celestino at 90%.
Unfortunatelly for the last 10% ... I have a little more backlog Cool
http://ilrasoio.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2569#p17890

0 1,138
 10-29-2013, 03:52 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(10-29-2013, 02:31 PM)Bruce Wrote: You are not alone Blush

Soaps:
MdC Scented 170g (2)
MdC Fougere 200g (50g PIF'd)
Mystic Water Green Fairy
Mystic Water Coconut Lime Verbena
Cella Red Tub 150g
Vitos Super Extra (approx 150g)
Le savon des Volcans - Menthe Shave Stick
Haslinger mit Schafmilch & Lanolin
Valobra Stick
Irisch Moos Stick (2)
Speick Stick
Arko Stick
P-160 Figaro (88.3g)
DR Harris Windsor Refill (2)
DR Harris Almond Refill
DR Harris Marlborough Refill
DR Harris Arlington Refill
DR Harris Lavender Refill
Palmolive Stick (Euro)
Stirling Soap Anise
Stirling Soap Ben Franklin

Shaving Creams
DR Harris Almond (tube)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (tube)
Panna Creama - Labdano
Proraso Blue (tube)

Aftershaves
RazoRock Baby Blue
Floid Blue
Speick Active
D.R. Harris Arlington Milk
D.R. Harris Windsor Splash
MdC Camomille
Gillette Storm Force (spicy)
RazoRock Problem Solver Lime

Ahh ... I'm beginning to comprehend why you are now such a devout follower of this Sabbatical business, Bruce. Rolleyes

102 18,419
 10-29-2013, 04:49 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I have some unused stuff, but not like you guys' list

Williams
Arko Stick
Full tub of S. Maria
Full Jar of MdC that's only been sniffed
Untouched Puck of Institut Karite
New tub of Proraso Green

18 1,182
 10-29-2013, 04:53 PM
User Info
I've picked up a few vintage shaving soaps lately, including the ones in the image, but haven't used them because I've been trying to use up my stock of shaving creams.
[Image: ELE4sgD.jpg]

205 12,145
 10-29-2013, 05:00 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • NYC
User Info
Bruce, I am speechless! It's almost like you can be the Bullgoose Annex.
I started the thread because I cannot figure out a way to try all of the used and unused products I have and identify those that I will not re-stock. Frankly, they all feel and perform pretty darn well. Anyway, I was wondering if others share this dilemma with me.

1 796
 10-29-2013, 05:06 PM
User Info
I use all my stuff now from start to finish and have polished off a few this year. I won a nice PIF that saw 5-6 products enter my den as well I made a few trades to get some DR Harris.

I forgot about a 80% full CF Lavender and Near full LaToja Manantiales that I am saving for a special occasion.

It sounds like a lot, but all fits in 1 box under my sink.

I'd be interested to see some of the brush collectors lists or items they have that they haven't used or only use once a year. Biggrin

8 2,718
 10-29-2013, 05:54 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I have a stockpile of unused stuff, that recently I've been selling off...

99 18,009
 10-29-2013, 07:19 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
Does this only appy to soaps and creams?

Early on, I bought up a lot of vintage Gillettes. Then I settled on the Tech and developed a preference for three-piece razors, so I quit trying out the Gillettes.

I'm pretty sure I tried a standard Super Speed at some time and I know that I have tried the Red Tip Super Speed, '46 -'47 Aristocrat, and '48 - '50 Aristocrat.

I have a Fatboy, an Aristocrat Adjustable (gold-plated Slim), and a black-handled Super Adjustable, but I have never gotten around to trying these (though I believe I had a Slim Adjustable in the late 1970s.). My recent purchase of a Mergress is my first experience with an adjustable razor since I joined these forums and took up the enhanced traditional wetshave.

- Murray

4 1,150
 10-29-2013, 07:55 PM
User Info
In soaps/croaps/creams I have only one that I haven't used yet. I'm trying to clear some space in my cabinet and it would just confuse the issue. It's an ARKO cream. I think I bought it to get free shipping. Since buying it was less than paying shipping it was a no brainer. That doesn't include soaps that I have on hand and unused because I like them and keep them in stock.

In hardware, I have plenty of items that have been used and are no longer (I should sell them I suppose), and some that I retain for reference shaves should I ever want to refresh my memory.

32 6,401
 10-29-2013, 08:46 PM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
For me it is just the regular De Vergulde Hand. I have that and the Extra Fris (however it's spelled), and have only used the XF.

1 608
 11-07-2013, 08:27 AM
User Info
I'm guilty. I'll buy it, and forget about it. I think because I'm using something that works really well. I need a support group. Smile

0 100